C7 Civil Servant Charged With Slapping An Airport Security Official

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often when receiving a disciplinary warning, employees in the Thai public sector lose a specified number of years of seniority as part of the punishment.

"Big deal!" say the foreigners on Thai Visa.

Actually, it is a very big deal for the public employee. It pushes back all their promotions x number of years and since the salary attached to the job is usually only a small fraction of the real potential income from holding a position and/or controlling a certain budget, it can be akin to receiving a 50% pay cut for the rest of your career.

In addition, if it is the kind of job where you have paid to get into the system like the police or customs, the losses could be compounded.

Why does if it was a farange even come up. Will this guy be going back to the airport thats the real question are is he going to be assigned to an inactive post after his voluntary treatment. Get over the farange question boys has nothing to do with this case.

2 months off??? He should be fired plain and simple. What a great message to other employees; beat up another employee and receive a 2 month vacation, then go back to work; no problemmad.gif

Seems fair and balanced to me, considering that policemen that murder civilians are only transferred to an inactive post with zero accountability. After all, no need for Sombat to lose face. wink.png

He should have been brought to the ground and handcuffed instead of the disgraceful bowing to his misconduct. A clear case of the hiso elite throwing their weight around. One set of rules for you, another set of rules for me.

They should have thrown the book at him but I bet he has friends in high places. TIT.

"He has been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition that impairs emotional control."

I think most thais with even a monochrome of power would also have this excellent excuse waiting for them in the wings, seriously have you met some of the hi-so thai children who just run around playing in this country?

Racing on the highway, taking copious amounts of drugs, threatening people with daddies power... This is a regular day in the life of some of those people. I am not saying all of them because I know a lot of good ones as well, but there is a large group of bad eggs here with to much power and money.

The 'Civil Servant' obviously has connections higher up.

So the next time he wants two months off work with pay he'll slap some poor innocent worker

in public and 'Bob's yer Uncle ' ??.

Often when receiving a disciplinary warning, employees in the Thai public sector lose a specified number of years of seniority as part of the punishment.

"Big deal!" say the foreigners on Thai Visa.

Actually, it is a very big deal for the public employee. It pushes back all their promotions x number of years and since the salary attached to the job is usually only a small fraction of the real potential income from holding a position and/or controlling a certain budget, it can be akin to receiving a 50% pay cut for the rest of your career.

In addition, if it is the kind of job where you have paid to get into the system like the police or customs, the losses could be compounded.

I am outraged and close to tears!

Sorry, but the guy has to be fired!

Period!

After watching the video you just know that the chubby little ahole was shouting 'do you know who I am?' when he tapped the id on his chest. Pity the security staff didn't have the balls to take him down.

As for having IED I agree. It appears to stand for Incurable Erectile Dysfunction.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

After watching the video you just know that the chubby little ahole was shouting 'do you know who I am?' when he tapped the id on his chest. Pity the security staff didn't have the balls to take him down.

As for having IED I agree. It appears to stand for Incurable Erectile Dysfunction.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yep, little prick just about sums him up. Would love to see the legal aides of the security guard ask for a second opinion on this guys medical condition, properly conducted

He should have been brought to the ground and handcuffed instead of the disgraceful bowing to his misconduct. A clear case of the hiso elite throwing their weight around. One set of rules for you, another set of rules for me.

They should have thrown the book at him but I bet he has friends in high places. TIT.

Do you think they will parade him through a re-enactment?

What a joke. Only in the Land of Smiles. Should be fired-but there is not much justice here.

You must have led a very sheltered life if you think high ranking officials and wealthy & influential people escape justice only in Thailand.

The guy deserves a more serious consequence for his actions and if he really is emotionally handicapped in the way claimed it seems odd that he would have managed to rise to such a lofty position in the civil service where, one assumes, he deals with subordinates on a regular basis. Still, unprofessional behavior on the part of such people is a fact of life everywhere.

Complaining about his behavior and that he seems to have escaped any meaningful punishment is justified. Suggesting that this is somehow unique to Thailand implies a childish naiveté on the part of the usual cadre of Thai bashers who haunt this board.

• Like 2

Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED) [Wiki]

The DSM-IV criteria for IED include: the occurrence of discrete episodes of failure to resist aggressive impulses that result in violent assault or destruction of property, the degree of aggressiveness expressed during an episode is grossly disproportionate to provocation or precipitating psychosocial stressor.

Do you truly believe that that condition, whether it exists or not, is the real cause of this particular man's outburst in this case? If that is a real condition, and I haven't looked it up yet, but I will, then it would certainly be cause for serious medication and/or state supervision (for the duration of the patient's life). This condition, based on your Wiki quote, will cause future violent behavior if it isn't alleviated/monitored in some way. I'd also be very curious about the incidence of Intermittent Explosive Disorder. What percentage of the population, on average, experiences this?

Even if it is real and this man has it, I'm loathe to believe that. If this statement came from the government, I lean towards incredulousness always.

The condition is known as facesave egophrenia.

What a joke. Only in the Land of Smiles. Should be fired-but there is not much justice here.

You must have led a very sheltered life if you think high ranking officials and wealthy & influential people escape justice only in Thailand.

The guy deserves a more serious consequence for his actions and if he really is emotionally handicapped in the way claimed it seems odd that he would have managed to rise to such a lofty position in the civil service where, one assumes, he deals with subordinates on a regular basis. Still, unprofessional behavior on the part of such people is a fact of life everywhere.

Complaining about his behavior and that he seems to have escaped any meaningful punishment is justified. Suggesting that this is somehow unique to Thailand implies a childish naiveté on the part of the usual cadre of Thai bashers who haunt this board.

Don't be surprised if they make him exchange positions with the teacher accused of handling students inappropriately.

Suggesting that this is somehow unique to Thailand implies a childish naiveté on the part of the usual cadre of Thai bashers who haunt this board.

You must learn to distinguish from what you crudely describe as "Thai bashing" and informed criticism.I don't think anyone suggests Thailand is alone in the wealthy and influential tending to escape punishment for various offences including criminal ones.However it is a great deal worse than most developed countries in that respect and that can be partly explained by some fairly well entrenched cultural attitudes.Thus it is particularly Thai that a judge when sentencing a privileged person will often hand down a lighter sentence reflecting the guilty party's position in society , whereas in other countries a judge tends to take the opposite view (he abused his good education and privileged position etc).You should perhaps pause for thought before accusing others of childish naivete when clearly you are unfamiliar with some of the basic elements in Thai society.

Edited by jayboy

... Soon you will have donald duck as ministry of interior and mickey mouse as PM ....

We already have deputy PM Goofy and I'm pretty sure one of the powder puff girls running the country

I agree with you 100%.

Do you agree 100% with me that nothing has changed with changing governments?

I am referring to the Chidchob/Suthep government.

This bloke is in his what, 50's? And he is only a C7, which is a middling rank at best.

He's hardly senior and to be a C7 in your 50's probably mean's he's done his dash in terms of promotions a long time ago. In Thai civil service-land, that is punishment enough!

He has been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition that impairs emotional control. Sounds like a perfectly normal Thai official to me.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.