New Pcx 150

tekinsel

Getting rid of that hump is the best thing I have done so far. I find it more comfortable now as I can move back further on seat and stretch out my legs.

Mind posting a picture? I'm planning to take mine on a long run this coming Songkran (about 560 kms) and will report back on comfort after the trip.

Here's a picture of my seat, hump removed! I agree with Moe666 .... much better to slide back on, especially during long rides...thumbsup.gif

Check out your local foam shops for price... to do....

Sorry could find the side on picture... The Shad 45 box now has matching colour back rest..... the blue vinyl makes it easier to spot in parking lot! The other choice of vinyl at the time was "Miss Kitty" !!! sick.gif

Looks like my seat except for the blue.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what sort of prices are being quoted for a 2nd hand 125?

Different classifieds, cheapest I have seen for a 2010 with 6,000 km on was 54,000 baht, seen a number for sale 57 - 60k, of course there are a few that think because it is a Honda it is sill worth new price, maybe these people paid well over the RRP to begin with.

Stealer on 3rd Road/Pattaya Thai has a red 125 second hand wants 72500, why would you when you can have a new one for 77500, not a big difference but 2 years down the line when you want to sell you will see a bigger difference in price.

125's were selling for high prices over the last 3 months as no new PCX's where available, now supply is available used prices should drop.

Edited by ianthai

Stealer on 3rd Road/Pattaya Thai has a red 125 second hand wants 72500, why would you when you can have a new one for 77500, not a big difference but 2 years down the line when you want to sell you will see a bigger difference in price.

125's were selling for high prices over the last 3 months as no new PCX's where available, now supply is available used prices should drop.

72.500baht for a 2-years old PCX125.. Mama mia, that also means that you have to add some bahts for a new insurance etc too, right?. I paid 72.500 for my brand new PCX150... Crazy

I am afraid that you have made the classic mistake in Thailand of applying logic and commonsense to a situation where none will exist.

Its like any new model the older model will take a hit, but I'm sure like most secondhand bikes the prices will be reasonable, maybe the inflated prices the stealers in Pattaya are asking for new ones will keep the secondhand prices firmer.

I am afraid that you have made the classic mistake in Thailand of applying logic and commonsense to a situation where none will exist.

Expect many would have bought on credit, so a year old one they still owe around 70k on it + they will need an extra 5k for the deposit for a new one, so logic in there eyes.

The figure I've heard used for months now is that the rental shops on Samui (two I know) pay around 55,000 baht for 2nd hand low mileage PCX....

They rent out anywhere from 250 baht a day to 500 baht a day, in some areas like Chawang... perhaps they paid a higher price to buy!!!! crying.gifdry.png

The figure I've heard used for months now is that the rental shops on Samui (two I know) pay around 55,000 baht for 2nd hand low mileage PCX....

They rent out anywhere from 250 baht a day to 500 baht a day, in some areas like Chawang... perhaps they paid a higher price to buy!!!! crying.gifdry.png

Could be if they bought at auction or repossessed by finance company. As for rental rates, how much would you charge if you had a rental business?

Could be if they bought at auction or repossessed by finance company. As for rental rates, how much would you charge if you had a rental business?

Just picked mine up and I would say it feels smoother (less engine vibration), I always thought the 125 had a flat spot on part throttle, definitely faster acceleration on part throttle, up to a 100 kph easy. feels stiffer on the rear springs and very quiet exhaust note.

Just picked mine up and I would say it feels smoother (less engine vibration), I always thought the 125 had a flat spot on part throttle, definitely faster acceleration on part throttle, up to a 100 kph easy. feels stiffer on the rear springs and very quiet exhaust note.

Agree with all those observations and given a squirt of motion potion the acceleration is excellent. I think you will also find the Dunlop TT 900's an improvement on the IRC fitted to the 125cc.

The market will soon be flooded with second hand 125PCXs under 60,000.

I feel sorry for the one who bought an overpriced 125 PCX end of 2011 / begining of 2012. Now the 125 model is outdated & discontinued.

This is a marketing strategy from Honda:

- pushing the 125 owners to buy the fresh model

PS: I bought a 150 PCX, I hope Honda won't release a 160 PCX in 2 or 3 months :)

I feel sorry for the one who bought an overpriced 125 PCX end of 2011 / begining of 2012. Now the 125 model is outdated & discontinued.

PS: I bought a 150 PCX, I hope Honda won't release a 160 PCX in 2 or 3 months smile.png

Don't know about a 160cc but a rear disc brake on the next model would be a nice touch !

PS: I bought a 150 PCX, I hope Honda won't release a 160 PCX in 2 or 3 months smile.png

Don't know about a 160cc but a rear disc brake on the next model would be a nice touch !

a really nice touch would be Yamaha releasing a 200cc scooter for the same price ! :D

Agree with all those observations and given a squirt of motion potion the acceleration is excellent. I think you will also find the Dunlop TT 900's an improvement on the IRC fitted to the 125cc.

I put the IRC wings on mine and it is a big improvement over the factory supplied tires.

I don´t know how you did it, but I have been to three dealers in Bkk now and they all quoted 85k for the PCX 150. All 3 shops had more than one pcx on display, so I guess I could take it out the door immediately (I never asked due to the price tag).. Can anyone tell me about a shop that charges under 80k in Bangkok..

Cheers

Edited by dunder

I don´t know how you did it, but I have been to three dealers in Bkk now and they all quoted 85k for the PCX 150. All 3 shops had more than one pcx on display, so I guess I could take it out the door immediately (I never asked due to the price tag).. Can anyone tell me about a shop that charges under 80k in Bangkok..

Cheers

I know of two Honda shops along Thanon Lat Krabang (after the Suvanabhum turn off). Or ask Brian if he can do you a deal :)

I haven't ridden the bike hard yet but I can tell you the tyres on the new 150 get very hot, lets hope lots of grip.

I went with a new set of IRC wings and I could tell a big difference a bit of a softer ride as well as better traction. The lady at Nat west here in Chiang Mai said when I ordered them that the stock tires where a bit squirrly in wet conditions.

Maybe a silly novice question but as a general rule of thumb, how many km's between tire changes, assuming normal riding? Do you normally change both tires at the same time as well?

Back always wears out faster, usually 2 back tires for ever front

On my PCV I changed the back tire at 24,000 km front is still fine

hey Ian the original is a 90/90 front and a 90/100 rear. I went with a 90/100 front and a 90/ 110 rear Irc wing The wing appears to be a bit softer giving a softer ride but a bit more traction.

Could that be 100/90 front and 110/90 rear ?

could be