Ok To Do 90 Report Early?

The notification must be made within 15 days before or 7 days after the period of 90 days expires.

Above is the current rule per Immigration Bangkok website and should be true everywhere. As said next 90 day count starts on day of report.

• Like 1

I live in bangkok and should report on the 5th of April (90 days). My family and I are going to krabi for 3 weeks holiday tomorrow. Can I report in krabi town this one time? Please advise.

No, you must report at the office where you reside.

You can report today or tomorrow.

Edited by PoorSucker

Actually there have been mixed reports of doing at a temporary location so you can try if you do not make it today or tomorrow. But you can mail to Bangkok so that is a real option. Just do in time for it to be received prior to reporting date.

Thank you gentlemen for your informative replies. Can someone please confirm that if I report 3 /4 days late then there will be no penalty. the reason I ask is that the agent who usually takes my passport to CW says there will be a fine if my passport is taken on the 10th of april and not on the 5th. Is he telling the truth or just looking for a "tip"

Your advice is received with gratitude.

You might have a problem in doing a 90-day report a couple days late if your plan was to leave the country during the usual late "grace" period and thus avoid having to do the 90 day report totally. I saw an airline official hassle a guy when he was leaving the country at 11 pm on the day his 90 day report was due. It worked out OK, but did create some stress.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to fifteen days early is allowed.

Can you kindly inform me is this 15 day prior reporting applies to retirees on a visa extension?

The time I went to the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai I was told that I had to report in person, not by mail.

A slip was attached to my passport that reads Certificate of Notification and a date stamped on it which is April 14, 2012, a Saturday, and one of the Songkhran days during which that office will be closed.

An obvious oversight by the officer who counted 90 regardless of the day in the calendar.

Hence my question trying to ascertain if I can go earlier in person or mail a 90 day notification of stay.

So far I have no come across a specific answer to my question.

If you can shed light on this subject I will appreciate it.

Thnaks in advance

The officer didn't made a mistake. The 90 day are due ater 90 days, whether it is a holiday or not. To compensate for that fact immirgation allows reporting 15 days before and till 7 days after. reproting after the date must be made in person.

Mail applications are allowed, as far as I know also in Chiang Mai:

Procedure here:

Notification by registered mail

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)
  2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back)
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47
  5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to Chaing Mai immigration

Self addressed envelope should be 10 baht, don't foget to send by registered mail.

You might have a problem in doing a 90-day report a couple days late if your plan was to leave the country during the usual late "grace" period and thus avoid having to do the 90 day report totally. I saw an airline official hassle a guy when he was leaving the country at 11 pm on the day his 90 day report was due. It worked out OK, but did create some stress.

Your allowed 7 days after the reporting date, and its got nothing to do with airline officials, in fact even immigration at the airport are not interested currently either

Your allowed 7 days after the reporting date, and its got nothing to do with airline officials, in fact even immigration at the airport are not interested currently either

Wasn't the case at CM airport for my friend. Maybe it's mai pen rai at Swampy.

doesnt change the fact its got nothing to do with any airline official and your friend hasnt broken any rules either, are you sure it was over a 90 day report and not something to do with their visa

The officer didn't made a mistake. The 90 day are due ater 90 days, whether it is a holiday or not. To compensate for that fact immirgation allows reporting 15 days before and till 7 days after. reproting after the date must be made in person.

Mail applications are allowed, as far as I know also in Chiang Mai:

Procedure here:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)
  5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to Chaing Mai immigration

Self addressed envelope should be 10 baht, don't foget to send by registered mail.

Perhaps a silly question, but when you say "Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)" do you have to literally copy every page of your passport, even if they are blank, unused pages, or just the ID page and pages with stamps/visas/extensions of stay on?

My 90 day reporting is due on 17/4/2012.

I was intending to do an early (pre-Songkhran) report at Chaeng Wattana on 5/4/2012, but have just been informed that I will have a business trip to a neighbouring country on 22/4/2012, i.e., 5 days after my 90 day reporting due date.

Instead of doing an early report on 5/4/2012, would my airport departure on 22/4/2012 be treated as a 90 day report, although 5 days later, negating the need to visit Chaeng Wattana?

No, you have to report.

Why don't you report by mail:

5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to
    90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
    IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
    120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
    LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Report well before the due date, in essence tomorrow or Thursday. By mail you cannot report after the due date.

• Like 1

doesnt change the fact its got nothing to do with any airline official and your friend hasnt broken any rules either, are you sure it was over a 90 day report and not something to do with their visa

No his visa was just fine -- the questions were about the 90 day report slip.

Edited by NancyL

No you have to report at the immigration where you live so Bangkok

I live in Chiang Mai, but have twice been allowed to do my 90-day report in Jomtien, giving my guesthouse-address, once last-year and once only last month. So it must sometimes be flexible.