Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Which swans do u think will be cited?I'd be favouring essendon for sure. unless there is some bad club news.Probably Carlton, but depends on freo injury list. Neither team excited me this week.

I think Jessie White might get sighted for that nonsense with (I think) Ellis, after a late tackle - that should have resulted in 50 - on Lamb after a mark. Bit of not much, but this is the MRP.

Grundy might get looked at also when Reiwoldt went down the 2nd time, he shouldn't, but as above, the MRP is the MRP.

As for Essendon, heard they're ex High Performance Coach who was sacked a few days before the beginning of this ASADA thing is going to be dropping a bombshell tomorrow, revealing his knowledge on who knew what. Apparently part of his wrongful termination law suit.

Not sure if the interview is on the show "On The Couch" or not but I think Mike Sheehan's conducting the interview.

See my post #1390. Channel 7 network apparently

Edited by BookMan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gripping game so far in the final match of the round...

Tigers pounced early... The ugly ducklings living up to their name with a slowish start..

Kicked back into the lead midway through the first term...

This is going to be a good game!

We need tippet to make an impact

Looking like an upset in the wce game by the score

Was only an upset with the bookies I think.

I'm a WC supporter and pretty much thought they

were no chance, especially away from home.

Something also to be said about listening to Roos and Healy commentating...

Great stuff..

Agree, I reckon Healy, Leigh Matthews and Roo's are the best special

comments men around. Analytical without getting too technical with it.

Speaking of commentary, is it just me or does Bruce McAvaney drive

anyone else crazy? He get's a hard on with certain players like Judd,

Hodge, Franklin etc whereas they can do no wrong.

And I wish he'd just call the players by their names. His excessive use

of nicknames sounds puerile. Sounds like a love struck teenager calling

the game at times.

• Like 2

Which swans do u think will be cited?I'd be favouring essendon for sure. unless there is some bad club news.Probably Carlton, but depends on freo injury list. Neither team excited me this week.

I think Jessie White might get sighted for that nonsense with (I think) Ellis, after a late tackle - that should have resulted in 50 - on Lamb after a mark. Bit of not much, but this is the MRP.

Grundy might get looked at also when Reiwoldt went down the 2nd time, he shouldn't, but as above, the MRP is the MRP.

As for Essendon, heard they're ex High Performance Coach who was sacked a few days before the beginning of this ASADA thing is going to be dropping a bombshell tomorrow, revealing his knowledge on who knew what. Apparently part of his wrongful termination law suit.

Not sure if the interview is on the show "On The Couch" or not but I think Mike Sheehan's conducting the interview.

See my post #1390. Channel 7 network apparently

Indeed you're right BookMan! My apologies..

Also read this morning it's on hold until it gets "legalled"

Great stuff..

the game at times.

Him and Cometti drive me insatiably insane when the 2 of them get a hard on baller...

Remember the Jetta v Riolli sprint in last years Grand Final! That was the pair of them at their absolute 'best'

It was like listening to see who was going to blow their load first...

• Like 1

Great stuff..

the game at times.

Him and Cometti drive me insatiably insane when the 2 of them get a hard on baller...

Remember the Jetta v Riolli sprint in last years Grand Final! That was the pair of them at their absolute 'best'

It was like listening to see who was going to blow their load first...

Bruce Mcavaney on Goodes when he kicked a goal in the dying minutes

'Cometh the moment, cometh the champion!"

I'm over Mcavaney and Cometti. There are plenty of good commentators around now, especially some ex players who really understand the game and can add the special comment. You do need an overall commentator who can overview the action and keep it all on track.

For Radio, I like the MMM stable of stations commentary team

Definitely agree!

I enjoyed listening to the Channel 9 Footy Show commentary team on Triple M - even if Sam Newman is a bit of a richard cranium... There's always some healthy banter and I've never heard it go over the top.

Speaking of Triple M, I really enjoy Troy Luff's commentary as well... Red and White bias perhaps? But he's been doing it long enough and he's quite a easy to listen to...

Gerard Whately is also a great commentator and I enjoy listening to his insights as well, always used to enjoy Sunday mornings when he was on "Offsiders" with Barrie Cassidy - another astute sports commentator.

All this kind of makes me a bit homesick hahahaha

• Like 1

Definitely agree!

I enjoyed listening to the Channel 9 Footy Show commentary team on Triple M - even if Sam Newman is a bit of a richard cranium... There's always some healthy banter and I've never heard it go over the top.

Speaking of Triple M, I really enjoy Troy Luff's commentary as well... Red and White bias perhaps? But he's been doing it long enough and he's quite a easy to listen to...

Gerard Whately is also a great commentator and I enjoy listening to his insights as well, always used to enjoy Sunday mornings when he was on "Offsiders" with Barrie Cassidy - another astute sports commentator.

Definitely agree!

Offsiders is on Australian Network Asia on Sunday mornings at 0930 and Pacific network at 0730. I enjoy watching the show when I get the chance.

Edited by ripstanley

Very optimistic I would suggest

If you read the article, it's by an unnamed journo (unless I missed it) and doesn't really say that at all.

A player (never ask a player) really just says that if they get an injury free year next year, they hope the

premiership window will still be open for a few years.

They were second favourites for the flag this year so must've done something right last year. Injury wise, it's been

another season from hell. That coupled with a few older players hitting the wall, some dubious drafting and I think

a burnt out coach has turned us to rabble.

I think pre-season, it's incumbent on every side who finishes outside of the 8 to make a challenge, every side who

finished between 5th and 8th to aim for the top 4 and every side who finished in the top 4 to make a genuine crack

at a premiership.

So, I think the headline is a bit misleading.

Dockers keen on Swan White

SYDNEY Swans big man Jesse White is on Fremantle's radar as the club continues its search for a key forward to partner – and ultimately succeed – captain Matthew Pavlich.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has been open about the club's hopes to secure a key forward and said White was on the list of un-contracted players the club was assessing.

"He would be one on the radar but I think everyone would be looking at him," Lyon told 6PR.

"I laid on the couch and watched [the Swans] on the weekend and he played as well as I've seen Jesse play.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-30/dockers-keen-on-swan-white

Edited by BookMan

Bombers' AFL pain could be rivals' gain

Essendon's AFL arch-rivals Carlton will be the most obvious beneficiaries if the Bombers lose their premiership points but some other clubs' finals hopes will also take a big leap.

Essendon are expected to learn next week the outcome of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) investigation.

The AFL is also investigating the Bombers and regardless of ASADA's findings, there is strong speculation that the league will come down hard on the club.

Removing the Bombers, currently fourth, from the finals picture, would make Richmond, Collingwood and Port Adelaide, who sit sixth to eighth respectively, much more secure.

Sydney and Fremantle, who face a possible battle for a spot in the four, should instead both get the double chance.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8697472

St Kilda's Saad facing drugs ban: report
Mat Mackay, WWOS & AAP
11:00 AEST Wed Jul 31 2013

Ahmed Saad has been named as the St Kilda player facing a possible two year ban for drug use.

Fairfax media named Saad a short time ago having earlier reported that a St Kilda footballer had returned an irregular sample from a routine drug test.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8698463

Mat Mackay, WWOS & AAP

Ahmed Saad has been named as the St Kilda player facing a possible two year ban for drug use.

Fairfax media named Saad a short time ago having earlier reported that a St Kilda footballer had returned an irregular sample from a routine drug test.

How much will this affect St Kilda chooka?

Mat Mackay, WWOS & AAP

How much will this affect St Kilda chooka?

He was being groomed as Milne's replacement, the small agile forward so now that may upset their plans. If he gets 2 yrs then will probably be delisted prior to the draft. He has apparently unwittingly taken a banned substance so if he goes then the future may look bleak for Essendon.

May also upset a lot of viewers of saints games on T.V. Normally have time for a toilet break and to get a fresh beer whilst he is lining up for goal and back in time for the shot.

• Like 2

Dockers keen on Swan White

SYDNEY Swans big man Jesse White is on Fremantle's radar as the club continues its search for a key forward to partner – and ultimately succeed – captain Matthew Pavlich.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has been open about the club's hopes to secure a key forward and said White was on the list of un-contracted players the club was assessing.

"He would be one on the radar but I think everyone would be looking at him," Lyon told 6PR.

"I laid on the couch and watched [the Swans] on the weekend and he played as well as I've seen Jesse play.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-30/dockers-keen-on-swan-white

Having done myself a Ross Lyon last night, I think Schmook may be onto something when he likens White to Pavlich...

At first I thought to myself - Jesse - whilst a massive improvement on last year and probably in line for the most improved at the club still isn't the dominant force that Pavlova is... yet...

If Jesse's form continues on the up and up - which there's no suggestions as to why it can't - he's physical and quick for a big man - then there's no reason why any team looking to have someone of his stature in their forward line next year.

That's not to say Horse doesn't think the same as other coaches, but he's seen Jesse's form over the last few years and would no doubt know what he is or isn't capable of.

Whilst I think Freo are in it with a fighting chance, I can't see Jesse relocating to WA. I can, however, see him moving cross-town to GWS or even returning back to the Gold Coast and linking up with his junior club Southport. Both GWS and GC have young and athletic lists, which would fit White down to a tee.

But what would these teams be able to offer Sydney in return? Or what would Sydney be looking for in return?

With the injury toll that we've had this year, Jesse's exposure has been heightened and he's really stepped up to the plate. If Sam Reid's recovery is longer than expected - I can't see why it wouldn't be - than I think Jesse's position in the starting 22 is cemented.

With both White and Tippett up front, we have a strong and agile forward line. 7 goals between them last week. Same same but different in reference to the Buddy and Roughead show. I think this is the mould in which Jesse should be looking towards moving forward, Roughead, who can play forward or back. Or if you look locally, you have LRT, who Jesse could mould himself around. This would assist Jesse in further ensuring his continued presence in the first 22.

You can see why I don't like lying on the couch watching the replays :P

• Like 2

I think there's a good chance this will be Pavs last year. He is very injury prone these days and nowhere near the force he once was when he does get on the field.

I believe Harvey shortened his career by taking the AFL's best performed CHF of his time, out of position and making him play back, forward, on the ball or anywhere he saw a hole. He's not been the same player since.

I think there's a good chance this will be Pavs last year. He is very injury prone these days and nowhere near the force he once was when he does get on the field.

I believe Harvey shortened his career by taking the AFL's best performed CHF of his time, out of position and making him play back, forward, on the ball or anywhere he saw a hole. He's not been the same player since.

I hope it's not. I guess a lot will depend on how he finishes the year off. I'm not sure where

he is in terms of his contract.

Being suspended for 3 weeks doesn't help either. I'm pretty certain he's good enough to go

on and they're definitely a chance this year and next for a GF.

If they can pick up a Jesse White it will probably lengthen his career also.

Having done myself a Ross Lyon last night, I think Schmook may be onto something when he likens White to Pavlich...

At first I thought to myself - Jesse - whilst a massive improvement on last year and probably in line for the most improved at the club still isn't the dominant force that Pavlova is... yet...

If Jesse's form continues on the up and up - which there's no suggestions as to why it can't - he's physical and quick for a big man - then there's no reason why any team looking to have someone of his stature in their forward line next year.

That's not to say Horse doesn't think the same as other coaches, but he's seen Jesse's form over the last few years and would no doubt know what he is or isn't capable of.

Whilst I think Freo are in it with a fighting chance, I can't see Jesse relocating to WA. I can, however, see him moving cross-town to GWS or even returning back to the Gold Coast and linking up with his junior club Southport. Both GWS and GC have young and athletic lists, which would fit White down to a tee.

But what would these teams be able to offer Sydney in return? Or what would Sydney be looking for in return?

With the injury toll that we've had this year, Jesse's exposure has been heightened and he's really stepped up to the plate. If Sam Reid's recovery is longer than expected - I can't see why it wouldn't be - than I think Jesse's position in the starting 22 is cemented.

With both White and Tippett up front, we have a strong and agile forward line. 7 goals between them last week. Same same but different in reference to the Buddy and Roughead show. I think this is the mould in which Jesse should be looking towards moving forward, Roughead, who can play forward or back. Or if you look locally, you have LRT, who Jesse could mould himself around. This would assist Jesse in further ensuring his continued presence in the first 22.

You can see why I don't like lying on the couch watching the replays tongue.png

I don't think there is any reason Sydney would want to give him up if he can hold some form. Maybe it has been a confidence thing? He is only 25 so maybe a late bloomer? Maybe too much time at the tattoo parlour and not enough time practising?

He has played 50 odd games for Sydney so he has been given his opportunities, but this year he has taken them more in hand. I would like to see him hold form and play up from with Tippet. Sam Reid has not been coping up front and I think he would be okay moving him to defence. He has a long kick and is a strong mark. I think he is better under defensive marking pressure. The article mentions Centre half back and I think this would be a good fit for Reid. Like his brother Ben he could move forward or back as need be.

I'm sure White would be happy to stay at Sydney if he was offered a contract. He might also have to get the team thing going near goal. He turned and walked back after one mark, and another one he could have handballed over the defenders head, but he kicked and it brushed the post. He backed himself both times, but he should know how the Swans work and both times the higher percentage option would have been to pass it on.

Tom Mitchell is another young guy who likes to kick his own goals I suspect.

That's right BookMan both White and Mitchell have copped sprays from Mcveigh on all of these occasions - irrespective of the 6 points that ensued from that bloody long bomb :P

Think you might be on to something there with the tattoo thing to ;)

That's right BookMan both White and Mitchell have copped sprays from Mcveigh on all of these occasions - irrespective of the 6 points that ensued from that bloody long bomb tongue.png

Think you might be on to something there with the tattoo thing to wink.png

Sydney also have to consider that players like Goodes, Bolton, O'Keefe are nearing the end of their careers.

Maybe Sydney could trade Mitch Morton to Freo?

I'd like to see some type of salary cap concession for older players, say over 33. Perhaps they could play more limited games? Something to keep them in the game longer, but without teh current pressure on salary cap and having to shed an older player to bring through young blood.

Hird drove everything: Robinson

ESSENDON'S former fitness boss Dean 'The Weapon' Robinson insists he was just following directions from coach James Hird throughout the club's controversial supplements program.

"The Weapon's not the man, he was just a person doing his job," Robinson said on Wednesday night.
In an extended, paid interview with the Seven Network, an at times emotional Robinson painted a picture of a club completely controlled by Hird.
"Everything was known, nothing was closed door, James Hird drove everything," Robinson claimed.
  • Like 1