webfact

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full glory.

Oh ,me oh my.

I'm Quakin' in me boots....

no need as he used the word ELEGANT which has an entirely different meaning.

Thaksin used the word เท่ which means chic, classy , smart, elegant, I think 'dignified' might even be a better word here, for he meant he wanted to return to Thailand in a proper way, cases cleared, plane landing at the airport, cheering supporters, not crossing a land border surrounded by farmers with a jail sentence awaiting him, ie messy.

I don't know where the 'full glory' came from, but no doubt, he would fully approve of it if he could have that too!

Full glory.

Oh ,me oh my.

I'm Quakin' in me boots....

Thaksin used the word เท่ which means chic, classy , smart, elegant, I think 'dignified' might even be a better word here, for he meant he wanted to return to Thailand in a proper way, cases cleared, plane landing at the airport, cheering supporters, not crossing a land border surrounded by farmers with a jail sentence awaiting him, ie messy.

I don't know where the 'full glory' came from, but no doubt, he would fully approve of it if he could have that too!

Yea, he would fully approve of being King if he could have that too !

Thank you, Siripon, for finally providing a straight answer to the multiple posters' simple, straight-forward questions that needlessly went unanswered in a tsunami of obfuscation.

:wai:

Edited by Buchholz

Thank you, Siripon, for finally providing a straight answer to the multiple posters' simple, straight-forward questions that needlessly went unanswered in a tsunami of obfuscation.

wai.gif

You didn't think to thank GK who provided the answer yesterday? Most people, if they used their brain, would associate "elegant" as slightly inappropriate in this case and would search for a substitute synonym but hey it's a good job we've got siripon around to pin it down.

• Like 1

You didn't think to thank GK who provided the answer yesterday?

I did thank him in my second reply. I even added a wai.

What are the actual statements, geriatrickid?

Please.

go and listen to the speech.

Good non-answer.

Thank you for clearing up specifically what you meant when you implied the translation was off.

Guess it must not be off by that much.

I'll have to remember that answer myself as I post a lot of referenced material. Then, I can just blurt out anything on some post. Never mind with sources and links, just a blunt

"Go and look it up yourself"

is all that's needed when the inevitable "where's this from" gets asked.

wai.gif it'll save my typing

Edited by Buchholz

You didn't think to thank GK who provided the answer yesterday?

I did thank him in my second reply. I even added a wai.

Good non-answer.

Thank you for clearing up specifically what you meant when you implied the translation was off.

Guess it must not be off by that much.

I'll have to remember that answer myself as I post a lot of referenced material. Then, I can just blurt out anything on some post. Never mind with sources and links, just a blunt

"Go and look it up yourself"

is all that's needed when the inevitable "where's this from" gets asked.

wai.gif it'll save my typing

If that is your idea of a thank you, it says more about you than you realise and just confirms it for me. What a .............Waza

What's your take on this?

• Like 1

5) Has anyones life (foriegner) changed in any way from the politics? (Thaksin, Abhisit,Yingluk etc.?)

Yes - during Thaksin's reign the applications for PR was put on pile and not processed for several years. That affected a lot of people.

Considering the quality of a great many foreigners, it would seem to have acted to keep a lot of foreign failures, criminals and other assorted riff raff away. I understand that some foreigners still managed to obtain permanent residency at the time.

Yes. 9 people (of hundreds of applications) have been given permanent residency since around 2006. They were all fairly recent (not sure if pre or post election) and were all linked in some way to influential people.

5) Has anyones life (foriegner) changed in any way from the politics? (Thaksin, Abhisit,Yingluk etc.?)

Yes - during Thaksin's reign the applications for PR was put on pile and not processed for several years. That affected a lot of people.

Considering the quality of a great many foreigners, it would seem to have acted to keep a lot of foreign failures, criminals and other assorted riff raff away. I understand that some foreigners still managed to obtain permanent residency at the time.

Yes. 9 people (of hundreds of applications) have been given permanent residency since around 2006. They were all fairly recent (not sure if pre or post election) and were all linked in some way to influential people.

It seems to me that the Abhisit government had the same record on the issue as did the military junta. Come to think of it, how many PRs did the Abhisit and military junta grant? Why the singling out of the Thaksin government? In case you forgot, Mr. Abhisit managed to get himself appointed PM and hang on for a bit until a pesky thing like an election came along and he was thrown out of the PM position by the electorate.

good to see that lying is not against forum rules. Some would never get to 10,000 posts.

Given that trolling and keeping on topic are covered by the rules, it's amazing how some even get to 1400

No worries, they just get banned and come back under a new name and lie low for a bit. Right Sricha John?

oooooooooopsie.

• Like 1

good to see that lying is not against forum rules. Some would never get to 10,000 posts.

Given that trolling and keeping on topic are covered by the rules, it's amazing how some even get to 1400

you're right.

I should report myself for baiting - truthful baiting, mind you, but baiting none the less...

Ah, never mind, it's probably been done already.

Have a good afternoon

I think we can all agree that he meant 'dignified'. It is still disgusting.

Now lets move onto the media's claim that he stated that he has been speaking with the judges, and geriatrickid's allegation that this statement may have also been mistranslated. So what were the exact Thai words?

Edited by hyperdimension

It seems to me that the Abhisit government had the same record on the issue as did the military junta. Come to think of it, how many PRs did the Abhisit and military junta grant? Why the singling out of the Thaksin government? In case you forgot, Mr. Abhisit managed to get himself appointed PM and hang on for a bit until a pesky thing like an election came along and he was thrown out of the PM position by the electorate.

I didn't even mention Thaksin, let alone single him out. I said "since around 2006" ... ie SINCE Thaksin. I said "around" because I'm not sure if it stopped after the coup, or after the April 2006 election.

SINCE Thaksin, there has been the junta government, the PPP government, the Democrat government and the PTP government. I am not sure if the 9 approvals were during the Democrat government or PTP government, but I'll see what I can do about finding out.

And <deleted> does Abhisit losing the election have to do with it?

"Abhisit called on the court to clarify its work process to the public to ensure transparency. He said Thaksin's action not only ruins the credibility of the justice system, but also adds more fuel to the unsettled political conflict".

Elections have essentially settled political conflict, with political disagreements continuing, as is the case in all Democracies.

What red planet are you on? Political conflicts settled? Well, in Thailand they are not. Also Thailand is not and never was a democracy. And the fugitive criminal who wants to be the boss again, is not interested in democracy. He has clearly stated that. But maybe you chose to neglect that. It does not fit with your rose tinted glasses.

• Like 1

The ex-leader also urged the red shirts not to take aggressive action against the Opposition Party but to express their willingness for negotiation to foster national reconciliation.

Agressive action???

Not exactly the words of reconciliation.

Thaksin somehow imagines that 'Agression Is Peace.'

It's right out of Orwell.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Agression Is Peace

More like Carrot or Stick,

we will harrass you if you don't agree to SHUT THE HELL UP.

"And I believe that totalitarianism,

if not fought against, could triumph again."

- George Orwell

Your bias and anger precedes your logic. Thaksin urged his followers NOT to be aggressive.

He said " he is in negotiations with Judges to help them".

Is this statement a miss print, error or joke ??? A wanted felon negotiating with judges. Judges negotiating with wanted felons. Laughable. drunk.gif

He said " he is in negotiations with Judges to help them".

Is this statement a miss print, error or joke ??? A wanted felon negotiating with judges. Judges negotiating with wanted felons. Laughable. drunk.gif

It is the sort of behaviour HEexpects.mellow.png

"Abhisit called on the court to clarify its work process to the public to ensure transparency. He said Thaksin's action not only ruins the credibility of the justice system, but also adds more fuel to the unsettled political conflict".

Elections have essentially settled political conflict, with political disagreements continuing, as is the case in all Democracies.

What red planet are you on? Political conflicts settled? Well, in Thailand they are not. Also Thailand is not and never was a democracy. And the fugitive criminal who wants to be the boss again, is not interested in democracy. He has clearly stated that. But maybe you chose to neglect that. It does not fit with your rose tinted glasses.

Let's be clear about the quote. He did not say that he was not interested in democracy, he said that democracy is a tool and the goal is to improve the lives of the people.

The USA has democracy and tens of millions without basic health insurance.

What tint are your glasses?

Thank you for once again proving your arrogance.

A moderator before reported that PR's was stopped at that time and it affected atleast one of them. Perhaps you should tell the moderators here what you feel about them.

I think it is despicable that this kind of posting comes from you again and again.

• Like 1

If that is your idea of a thank you, it says more about you than you realise and just confirms it for me. What a

If you consider his snarly evasive answers to simple questions from a half dozen members as full and acceptable, it says what you find full and acceptable. I will have to remember to use his "Go and look it up yourself" reply myself as you find that full and acceptable.

Edited by Buchholz

Let's be clear about the quote. He did not say that he was not interested in democracy, he said that democracy is a tool and the goal is to improve the lives of the people.

The USA has democracy and tens of millions without basic health insurance.

What tint are your glasses?

There is no such thing as "real democracy" being practiced anywhere on the planet. It is merely government by whichever party can cobble together a coalition, or in the States, enough delegates. Al Gore won more votes than Bush.

Hardly "By the people".

Do you think the Greeks have a "democracy"?

Thank you for once again proving your arrogance.

A moderator before reported that PR's was stopped at that time and it affected atleast one of them. Perhaps you should tell the moderators here what you feel about them.

I think it is despicable that this kind of posting comes from you again and again.

It is not arrogance. Those foreigners that met the criteria, made the effort and did what needed to be done, got what they wanted. I also believe that if a foreigner met many of the requirements and had exemplary attributes, with perhaps a minor weakness or two, he or she could still be accepted. For example;

- a nobel laureate in medicine,teaching at Mahidol

- Bill Gates

- Warren Buffet

- Mr. Toyota of Toyota

- Carlos Slim

The fact of the matter is that no one like the above is applying. The government wishes to reserve granting this right only to those it deems superior candidates. An applicant may be a responsible parent and own a small factory or hotel and be a good person, but that just doesn't cut it.

It's akin to the X Factor or the Idol shows where people audition on the presumption they have talent. They may entertain friends and family, but when they get to the big stage, they just can't cut it. This doesn't mean they are overtly bad people, just that they don't have the qualities to be a star.

And your point on someone that applied that was a moderator? Does being a moderator impart some sort of extra points when applying for PR? I'm sure some are very nice people, but again that doesn't mean they meet the criteria. Anyway, considering recent history, I really don't think that's a direction you want to head in.

Edited by geriatrickid

I think we can all agree that he meant 'dignified'. It is still disgusting.

Now lets move onto the media's claim that he stated that he has been speaking with the judges, and geriatrickid's allegation that this statement may have also been mistranslated. So what were the exact Thai words?

The translation is completely correct, he said he was in the process of talking to the judges and everything would be sorted out soon. In the event of the government not having the money to put up bail, he would use his own money.

Perhaps he meant the lunch boxes with 2 million baht inside had been dispatched again!

What a terrible example he is for those Thais who want to see a country run by honest leaders.