Salaries For Thai Airline Stewards / Stewardesses

it is politically incorrect to say 'stewards/stewardesses', must be 'airline employees'

it is politically incorrect to say 'stewards/stewardesses', must be 'airline employees'

Seriously?!?! Why's that politically incorrect?!?!

Google is your friend! Try it sometime.

A very quick search found this:-

The salary of a senior flight attendant is about 100,000 baht (S$4,000) a month while a newcomer only receives a monthly salary of 30,000 baht.

Thai Airways has 6,000 flight attendants with 4,800 of them aged between 35 and 38.

• Like 1

Utter rubbish.....

Body parts tongue and cheek spring to mind........but hey thats why the world is so pc these days, people have been brainwashed into a certain level of thinking by the stazi style of Western education and that dosnt include having a sense of humour

Can confirm around 30,000 baht per month as my Thai wife worked at an Australian hotel in Brisbane used by Thai Airway and knew the flight attendants. They could not afford to go out as allowance was insufficient

• Like 1

My nephew has worked as a steward for about 6 months he averages around 50k a month, and its rubbish that they dont earn enough to go out at night.. the more they fly the more they earn.

okay your nephew earns 50k per month, but my wife dealt with Thai airlines flight attendants nearly everyday for four years and this is what she was informed. if you look at earning somewhere between 30/50k per month do you believe this is enough to go out when you are in a western city for say 3/4 night stopover say every two weeks?

• Like 1

My nephew has worked as a steward for about 6 months he averages around 50k a month, and its rubbish that they dont earn enough to go out at night.. the more they fly the more they earn.

okay your nephew earns 50k per month, but my wife dealt with Thai airlines flight attendants nearly everyday for four years and this is what she was informed. if you look at earning somewhere between 30/50k per month do you believe this is enough to go out when you are in a western city for say 3/4 night stopover say every two weeks?

Clarification - Just been informed salary of 30k a month was from two years ago. Depending on family obligations in Thailand some could, some could not afford to go out.

• Like 1

I don`t understand this. How can someone not afford a few drinks from a salary of 50k baht per month? Do you know how much a drink cost? And are you sure their stopover can be 3-4days? I think that is normally 1 or 2 days or only hours.

I have to agree,don't call me a Welder,you have to call me a Metal Fusion Technician.

Next we'll be calling hookers "erectile evacuation engineers"

• Like 2

Can confirm around 30,000 baht per month as my Thai wife worked at an Australian hotel in Brisbane used by Thai Airway and knew the flight attendants. They could not afford to go out as allowance was insufficient

This is wrong- speaking as someone who has dated a thai airhostess (did i mention this already?:))- the average salary is 100K- and the hostesses often go out to party during their lay overs - think about it, how long do a group of thai air hostesses have to sit in a Euro/US,Aussie bar before guys start buying them drinks?

This is wrong- speaking as someone who has dated a thai airhostess (did i mention this already?)- the average salary is 100K- and the hostesses often go out to party during their lay overs - think about it, how long do a group of thai air hostesses have to sit in a Euro/US,Aussie bar before guys start buying them drinks?

One would "imagine" import/export opportunities present..

Thought hostess was out on pc rules but stewardess was still acceptable however been replaced by flight attendant.

No such thing as prostitution in Thailand but you can hire Stress Consultants by the hour...

I know Swiss Air sticks them in very nice hotels (Movenpick) and provide a generous allowance. Flying 3 - 5 times a month, 4 or 3 days each time also leaves time for other opportunities in sales and/or service, I know quite a few (experienced and done the hard yards admittedly) who have Spas, massage shops, market stalls or online selling biz. Going away for a weekend with them really turns the normal TV stereotypes on their head as its hard to actually pay for anything!

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

And to add further I'm sure that when a flight attendant and a Captain are presented to others together I'm certain that nobody who values their job would describe the two together as airline employees !

Political Correctness-Bollacks.

Try the following links that talk to the average monthly salary for Thai airways staff (two years ago) and an article that talks to hiring of Thai staff by Qantas to aggressively lower staff costs.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/Office/Story/A1Story20100122-193668.html

http://www.keepqantasflying.net.au/what_the_media_is_saying.html

This is wrong- speaking as someone who has dated a thai airhostess (did i mention this already?smile.png)- the average salary is 100K- and the hostesses often go out to party during their lay overs - think about it, how long do a group of thai air hostesses have to sit in a Euro/US,Aussie bar before guys start buying them drinks?

+1 ... I often see them in the Hilton / Mövenpick on ther free days... 5 mins max for the first free drink... and then out clubbing all night on some falang's expense... drunk.gif

It depends on the persons. Many workers live with their family and do not have many expenses like farangs. They do not have to pay for flight when traveling abroad. While on duty they do not pay for the hotels and foods. I do not see that they are making any less like some people claimed in this forum.

I was speaking with a group of young thai airline FAs in a bar in Doha, and they said Qatar air paid around 40000b/month, with (shared) accomodation also provided.

I asked about Thai airways, and they said around the same money, but obviously considered a better job, as they would be based at home.

Another girl I know worked for Japan airlines, and her base salary was nothing (8000b), but she pretty much lived in Japan, and the living allowances bumped it up to around 50000b

I went through a wild phase a few years back before I met my wife....

JAL about B130k

Emirates about B120k

Thai about B70k

Jet Star about B80k

All were Thai ladies, averages include per-diem, monthly income varied depending on flight locations, length of stop over and how many sickies thrown in...

anywhere from 30,000 - 100,000 baht per month depending on their seniority and flight routes. International routes will earn you more as benefits kick in. the 100,000 baht earners are usually the inflight Chief Purser / Purser classification.

Speaking as someone who has dated a Thai airhostess (im doing a michael jackson moonwalk and punching the air as i write this, oh yes)- the average hostess is on about 100K baht per month.

Life doesn't sounds Bad, and seems far from Dangerous. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. Enjoy Yourself and Don't Walk Away.

BTW If you want to introduce any of her friends I'll Be There and You've Got a Friend, as I'm sure she's not just "an average hostess", and is a real Thriller.

smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile