Taxidermy In Thailand

rinteln

Should of known better.............................

Any serious, helpful answers would be great. If it means there are no replies then so be it.

Thanks

Edited by rinteln

Any serious, helpful answers would be great. If it means there are no replies then so be it.

Thanks

Don't worry, there will be plenty of replies.

Say's I, stuffing my face rolleyes.gif

Agree, but in LOS most folk want stuff things that are alive. coffee1.gif

Thanks

<deleted> do you want to stuff ?coffee1.gif

He wants a stuffed piranha.

Who do you want to mount?

I mean, what do you want to mount? There are not a lot of creatures available to mount in Thailand, unless you are thinking of lizards or snakes. Most animal species are protected.

Modern taxidermy is a sculpturing art form where the artist creates a life size model of the animal a tiny bit smaller than the real thing and then spreads the carefully prepared hide over the form. Modeling clay is spread on the form prior to putting on the skin so that it can be moulded into place before the drying process takes place. There is no "stuffing" of animals in modern taxidermy. Gone are the days of the straw stuffed mammals.

But, in answer to your question I would not have any idea where you could find a taxidermist in Thailand... unless some retired taxidermist bloke now lives in Thailand. At least my reply and the other silly answers have kept the topic at the top of the forum. Somebody might see it and know.

Thanks

Well you did ask... sort of topic which begs a wide range of replies... although I must admit the elephant one is one that made me chuckle at the imagery. By chance you don't mean a skin care doctor for taxi drivers do you. Yes I know Im not helping and I shall go away. But to be serious, stuffed if I know and I really do have a hide being this flippant about your quest for a well mounted animal. Saints preserve us.. will someone answer the lad

Mounting fish is a slightly different method. The best results are actually replica models created out of plastic and then painted. Anglers take the measurements of the original fish and the taxidermist sculpts a model out of clay. He then pours a quick drying resin over the clay and lets it dry. Once the resin is hard it is separated from the clay and the finishing process takes place.

Thanks

Well you did ask... sort of topic which begs a wide range of replies... although I must admit the elephant one is one that made me chuckle at the imagery. By chance you don't mean a skin care doctor for taxi drivers do you. Yes I know Im not helping and I shall go away. But to be serious, stuffed if I know and I really do have a hide being this flippant about your quest for a well mounted animal. Saints preserve us.. will someone answer the lad

So you don't know a taxidermy in Thailand then......lol !

Singapore is your best bet. Go see the taxidermy thread somewhere in this forum. Modern taxidermy is not something Thai folks can master. It's too complicated.

Thank you, for what I regard as being the first reply on the thread. For a while it was like being back at school....lol

I checked the other thread and looks like that Kenmar guy in Singapore is a good option. I have emailed him.

Thanks again

Mounting fish is a slightly different method. The best results are actually replica models created out of plastic and then painted. Anglers take the measurements of the original fish and the taxidermist sculpts a model out of clay. He then pours a quick drying resin over the clay and lets it dry. Once the resin is hard it is separated from the clay and the finishing process takes place.

One must have a dick of needle thicknes to do that! LOL. A pony may be more suitable to mount. Sorry, I just can't resist a reply.

Seriously, you seemed quite rea up of this repugnant subject called taxidermy. At least that's what the F^%$&$*g PETA keeps saying.

Good day eh.

• 4 months later...

sayonarax,

It's ok what God or anybody want to do with my dead body. I am a strong advocate of science. Problem is the mother earth have many empty vessels like you making unnecessary noises. I know you are bitter and jealous that there are people out there doing things your puny brain cannot fathom.

• Like 1