Name And Shame Thai Visa 'Holiday List'

473geo

On occasion we get to hear of a poster who "disappears" from the forum as taking a holiday or getting banned

Could we adopt a roll of shame, sort of like placing them in the 'stocks' for all to see.......ok sounds a little medieval, but would it be a further deterent for the miscreants, and a bit of fun for the others

Or is it really out of order and laughing at the misfortune of others?

I have a very active infant to take care of and so don't have time for your little game of name and shame banned tv members.

You ought to go out more and get a life or a few friends

You should take your own advice......

Amazing a simple question/suggestion a bit of fun and you throw out a line of abuse followed by another dismissive post on a topic you don't have time for...........

Maybe I should ask the question:

On an opening topic why is the first response often an attempt to be a smartass and seldom concerns the actual topic subject?

Sorry, I should have ignored your fun thread like the 15 viewers before. Enjoy your banned people laugh.

I have a very active infant to take care of and so don't have time for your little game of name and shame banned tv members.

You ought to go out more and get a life or a few friends

You should take your own advice......

Amazing a simple question/suggestion a bit of fun and you throw out a line of abuse followed by another dismissive post on a topic you don't have time for...........

Maybe I should ask the question:

On an opening topic why is the first response often an attempt to be a smartass and seldom concerns the actual topic subject?

Could put the names/avatars in a in a type of sin bin maybe, where we could leave messages of support or otherwise (polite of course), maybe a raft of support messages could earn an eary release or something.......

But I agree there is not much fun in throwing a cyber cabbage

It would inevitiably lead to a discussion of moderation and forum policies and would therefore be shut down.

Or get you banned..!

Good point.....but at least we would know your fate and the duration....and could give a little moral support

Ok could have the sin bin for the 'holidays' and I guess a 'roll of the banned'

Could always provide a sin bin vote button too as an alterative to the like button, say 10 sin bin votes gets you half a day in the bin

First, please be nice to one another. Secondly, such a listing would generate inflammatory remarks against people who can't respond and that would be a violation of the rules. Finally, questions about the ban would violate the rule about discussion of moderation.

I don't think it would be a very good idea.

You used to be able to do a search for banned members but I'm not sure how to do it with the latest software.

Click 'Members' in the Forums drop down menu. Then click 'More Search Options". At the bottom of the panel that opens, change the 'Show All' list item to be 'Banned'. If you then click 'Apply Filters', all banned members will be listed - however, as this will return several thousand members, it's probably best to filter the list further, or perhaps order it by Post Count in descending order (this is done by using the 2 drop down lists to the right of the 'Show All' / 'Banned' list) to get the highest post count banned members, or whatever, to make the list more manageable.

You used to be able to do a search for banned members but I'm not sure how to do it with the latest software.

Click 'Members' in the Forums drop down menu. Then click 'More Search Options". At the bottom of the panel that opens, change the 'Show All' list item to be 'Banned'. If you then click 'Apply Filters', all banned members will be listed - however, as this will return several thousand members, it's probably best to filter the list further, or perhaps order it by Post Count in descending order (this is done by using the 2 drop down lists to the right of the 'Show All' / 'Banned' list) to get the highest post count banned members, or whatever, to make the list more manageable.

Thanks for the instructions.......now I know the fate of at least a few of the 'missing'

If you're banned that's it. Signing with a new name is a banning offence.

For some reason on some sub forums it isnt.. Known banned members are allowed back and when I point out the issue my posts are deleted.

Have used the report function asking questions also which goes unresponded.

So are banned members allowed back or not ??

There's nothing stopping someone creating an account, but if they're found to be a previously banned member then the new account will also be banned, so the lifespan of such a new account will usually be short lived. I think there are some cases where a banned member has got a special agreement to start again under certain agreed conditions.

Cheers. I've been using Opera recently and it's rather unreliable asd far as menus and things are concerned. Using Firefox works ok.

Edited by endure

There's nothing stopping someone creating an account, but if they're found to be a previously banned member then the new account will also be banned, so the lifespan of such a new account will usually be short lived. I think there are some cases where a banned member has got a special agreement to start again under certain agreed conditions.

Thats for sure not the case in the Phuket forum.

Banned member has instantly returned.. The mod knows its a banned member.. But its 'tolerated'..

I reported it.. ignored.. I posted it in a thread and posts were removed by moderators.

Why ??

Banned member has instantly returned.. The mod knows its a banned member.. But its 'tolerated'..

I reported it.. ignored.. I posted it in a thread and posts were removed by moderators.

Why ??

Read again my last sentence:

I think there are some cases where a banned member has got a special agreement to start again under certain agreed conditions.

Why ??

Read again my last sentence:

I think there are some cases where a banned member has got a special agreement to start again under certain agreed conditions.

or they simply started posting under a new account

the only thing a banned member loses is their post count.

they gain the ability to reinvent.

controversy drives traffic, why wouldn't the powers that be turn a blind eye to someone known to generate activity if they alter their approach?

Edited by nocturn

Why ??

because nobody likes a grass.

really, who actually uses the report button? it seems to me an admission that you are unable to play with others without mommy's help.

or they simply started posting under a new account

the only thing a banned member loses is their post count.

they gain the ability to reinvent.

controversy drives traffic, why wouldn't the powers that be turn a blind eye to someone known to generate activity if they alter their approach?

Strictly speaking, it's against the rules to start a new account, as far as I know. Although I suppose you could argue that if someone behaves themselves under their new incarnation they might never get found out...