Noisy Soi Baukaow Hotel

ttthailand

I checked into this nice new hotel on Soi Baukaow for a one month stay. Had a good price and rooms looked good for the money. After staying there for a few days the noise started. There is a new beer bar complex opened next door. The bars are just starting to open and are having parties almost every evening until 2:00 am and sometimes 4:00am. The music is so loud that my windows shake. The base sound just goes through my entire body. It is so loud in my room that I have to raise my voice just to talk to my gf. If I did not pay for a month in advance to get a good price I would have left after the first crazy night. The most crazy part of this entire thing is that the hotel owns the beer bar complex. I know they get complaints but the management don't have a clue how to stop it. But They Own the Hotel and the Bar Complex...<deleted> It amazes me how Thailand lets as-holes disrupt the lives of hundreds perhaps thousands of people so a few can have their fun and perhaps make a few baht. I am currently sitting in my room on the upper level and the noise is so loud you would not believe. I have lived in Thailand for many years and know all about the noise but this is too much. I have learned one thing, before I book a room for a month I will be sure to stay an evening or two to make sure nothing like this again.

T.I.T.

I would not choose soi Buakhao for a quiet holiday.....

I always like to stay in Soi Baukaow when in Pattaya and the noise in most hotels is ok or no noise at all. This one is just one of the worst I have even seen. The crazy part is that I hear people complaining and leaving and the beer bar complex is owned by the hotel... All they need to do is have the music turned down to a normal loud level so people can talk in their rooms. No one will ever stay in this hotel for more than a night or two unless they are out all night and sleep in the day.

I think anyone who books a place for month without trying it out for a couple of nights is just crazy. Especially in that area of Pattaya.

Lesson learned, methinks.

first few nights were quiet

The design of the hotel is not good for noise reduction. I don't think anyone ever thought of the noise problem. The entire side of the room is glass doors,window and glass panels. These face directly to the beer bars. The bar complex also has a lot of steal can cement. The noise is reflected everywhere. I have been in noisy hotels before but this one is really unbelievable. It is almost like you are in the bar itself, very very loud. Even my Thai gf is bothered by it. We have to rise our voices or almost shout just to talk in the room. You can not even watch TV as you need to put the volume very loud and then between songs it is too loud. worst hotel in Pattaya regarding noise for sure !

The point is you booked one month without having tried it out. I have little sympathy, sorry.

you would think however that since the bar complex is owned by the hotel that they would require that the music be kept at a reasonable level. I am 100% sure ( as I seen myself) other customers are complaining about the noise.

I worked as a manager at a hotel here in Dublin which had a nightclub in the basement. There were constant complaints from hotel guests about the noise from the club. Since the profit from the club far outweighed that from the hotel, there was no inclination to do anything. I suspect the same might be true of the place you describe.

I worked as a manager at a hotel here in Dublin which had a nightclub in the basement. There were constant complaints from hotel guests about the noise from the club. Since the profit from the club far outweighed that from the hotel, there was no inclination to do anything. I suspect the same might be true of the place you describe.

Perhaps you are correct but there was a sign up earlier that offered the rent for these bars for 100 baht a night. seems low but that is what the sign said. There are only about 30 bars possible so that would be 3,000 baht or a little more a night rent. The hotel has over a hundred rooms at a current rate of 800 baht (half price) a night . That's 80,000 baht a night if the rooms are full.

Obviously I can't get into the specifics of the price to rent a bar, so I'll return to my original point - it was a bad idea to book and pay for a month in a hotel without knowing what the immediate area was like. I wouldn't do it - I would never book more that a few days in a place, so I can walk away at any time without feeling I've lost a big sum of money.

The real joke about it is that most people avoid these parties as the music is generally too loud, not only does the bar having the party lose business but the surrounding bars do as well, what is it with this childish attitude from Thais that think the louder the better - is it an inadiquacey in the general pshychi that they feel the need for this huge display of bass and volume which generally annoys eveyone except the guy with the finger on the volume - probably annoys him too but his head is so far up his ass it doesn't register

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

Sounds like the Arlington ?

The real joke about it is that most people avoid these parties as the music is generally too loud, not only does the bar having the party lose business but the surrounding bars do as well, what is it with this childish attitude from Thais that think the louder the better - is it an inadiquacey in the general pshychi that they feel the need for this huge display of bass and volume which generally annoys eveyone except the guy with the finger on the volume - probably annoys him too but his head is so far up his ass it doesn't register

So true, when I first checked into the hotel I went over to the beer bars since they are near. The music was reasonable as there were no big opening parties nor the center bar (biggest offender) opened. I enjoyed myself and there were some farang starting to come. Even rang the bell a few times. I will not go to any of the bars now that blasted the music all night just for the fact that I don't want to reward stupid, rude people. These people have no respect for anyone, screw them and all like them. :)

I will give one bit of advice for people staying on Soi Baukao or the streets emanating from... Never take a room facing the street. Always pay the extra little bit and take a room at the back of the building. The constant traffic, parties or loud voices can ruin your holiday. I have spent countless nights kicking myself for being stingy and not paying for a room in the back.

those foam earplugs that expand inside the ear are very good, can get them from most drug store.

Also is there any correct way to transliterate from thai to english, i thought there was no correct way to spell soi buakhao

I will give one bit of advice for people staying on Soi Baukao or the streets emanating from... Never take a room facing the street. Always pay the extra little bit and take a room at the back of the building. The constant traffic, parties or loud voices can ruin your holiday. I have spent countless nights kicking myself for being stingy and not paying for a room in the back.

I think you could apply that logic to virtually every soi in Pattaya, what a constantly noisy place it is!!

I stayed in a hotel on Soi Baukao a a while back. It was very noisy (nearby bar party) the first night of stay. On complaining at reception the following day, was told that others had complained. Problem: I had paid fully for 5 nights stay. Asked for return of balance monies, and would move elsewhere. They, of course, refused to reimburse any money. However, they did alow a move to a quiter back room. Fortunately the following 4 nights remained quite. Lesson: pay for 1 night only if staying at an unknown hotel.

T.I.T. I would not choose soi Buakhao for a quiet holiday.....

+1

I like to use a name that more accurately reflects the nature of the street. Something like "Soi Drunkard".bah.gif

Believe that street has more alcoholics per meter than anywhere else in the world.

those foam earplugs that expand inside the ear are very good, can get them from most drug store.

Also is there any correct way to transliterate from thai to english, i thought there was no correct way to spell soi buakhao

Nice offtopic.

บัวขาว

Buakhao is the "white lotus" soi.

Bua = lotus, khao = white

Kind of official (aka "correct") transcription is the RTGS version:

บัวขาว buakhao

At thailanguage.com you can select from a bunch of transcription systems.

Examples:

บัวขาว buaaM khaaoR

บัวขาว buakhǎaw

บัวขาว būakhāo

บัวขาว bua-kǎo

My favourite is the "Paiboon" transcription system:

บัวขาว bua kǎao

Edited by KhunBENQ

I checked out of the noisy hotel today. There were so many things wrong with my stay that it would take me an hour just to list. Other than the noise one other thing really stood out, you should have seen the pool today, dark green water. I asked the lady (girl) what happened to the pool and her reply was "the man is coming to clean today". It had not been cleaned for over a week, if ever. This hotel will surely go out of business soon. The management, cleaning staff, pool cleaners, etc don't have a clue about anything. If handled correctly the entire complex could maybe work but not a chance with the current staff.

Funny thing was that when I was leaving the lady said" come back soon". My reply " Sorry darling but not a chance in hell".... she smiled...I don't think she understood but what ever...