Car Mechanic Recommendation In Chiang Mai?

connda

The A.C.T. shop outside the Makro on the super highway is good. The shop foremans name is Srima. They have done a lot of maintenance for me , always at the price quoted and have always returned my used parts for inspection. They do shocks, brakes, tires, alignments, clutches etc.. They are part of a national chain and there are at least two other shops in town.

The A.C.T. shop outside the Makro on the super highway is good. The shop foremans name is Srima. They have done a lot of maintenance for me , always at the price quoted and have always returned my used parts for inspection. They do shocks, brakes, tires, alignments, clutches etc.. They are part of a national chain and there are at least two other shops in town.

I went there once with a slow puncture. They asked me whether I wanted a free brake and shock absorber check. I said OK. 10 minutes later they led me to my pickup, which was raised to head height, and showed me fresh oil leaking from the shock absorbers. Being skeptical, I said I'll think about the price they quoted to replace them. After leaving, I cleaned off the oil and it never returned. Like the oil, I never returned to ACT.

I had a very similar experience. Took their list of problems to my usual place, and found out half of the stuff was BS, and the rest was then fixed at a 1/3 of the price...

I went there once with a slow puncture. They asked me whether I wanted a free brake and shock absorber check. I said OK. 10 minutes later they led me to my pickup, which was raised to head height, and showed me fresh oil leaking from the shock absorbers. Being skeptical, I said I'll think about the price they quoted to replace them. After leaving, I cleaned off the oil and it never returned. Like the oil, I never returned to ACT.

For tires, shocks, suspension problems, wheel alignment, etc. I highly recommend the large tire shop just past Tesco Kamthieng on the same side of the road before the Volvo dealer. Huge Michelin sign on top. Very good prices, top quality work, friendly owners. No BS, dual-pricing, or scams there. The family who owns the business are a rich Chinese family and don't need to scam a few Baht off farangs. The son who runs the place is highly educated and speaks fluent English. If you buy Michelin tires from them you get a coupon book sent from Michelin and for 2 years can get free rotations, balancing, and wheel alignment at their shop.

For mufflers, the shop just past the large pet shop near Makro Super Highway does very good work and uses either factory mufflers or mufflers made by a company which gives a 2 year warranty. I learned my lesson on buying a muffler from one of those shops that fabricate them on-site from cheap metal parts. They last all of about a year and then corrode and fall apart.

For engine work I think you just need to try different mechanics and find one who is best for you/closest to you, etc. There are so many good ones. I use different ones for different repairs. Works best for me.

Edited by elektrified

For tires, shocks, suspension problems, wheel alignment, etc. I highly recommend the large tire shop just past Tesco Kamthieng on the same side of the road before the Volvo dealer. Huge Michelin sign on top. Very good prices, top quality work, friendly owners. No BS, dual-pricing, or scams there. The family who owns the business are a rich Chinese family and don't need to scam a few Baht off farangs. The son who runs the place is highly educated and speaks fluent English. If you buy Michelin tires from them you get a coupon book sent from Michelin and for 2 years can get free rotations, balancing, and wheel alignment at their shop.

For mufflers, the shop just past the large pet shop near Makro Super Highway does very good work and uses either factory mufflers or mufflers made by a company which gives a 2 year warranty. I learned my lesson on buying a muffler from one of those shops that fabricate them on-site from cheap metal parts. They last all of about a year and then corrode and fall apart.

For engine work I think you just need to try different mechanics and find one who is best for you/closest to you, etc. There are so many good ones. I use different ones for different repairs. Works best for me.

Looking for a mechanic that can check out the transaxial. I've got a vibration in the left front of the car that isn't "engine" noise and increases and decreases with speed, and is more apparent when turning.

The reason I'm asking about mechanics is because I'm trying not to get ripped off. If someone has had good service with a specific mechanic, I'm willing to give them a try as opposed to just picking a mechanic at random.

Thanks!

Edited by connda

sorry for invading this thread, but im looking for a good car mechanic as well? i driving a 1st gen kia sportage, a complete bltch to be honest, initially no issues except the 4x4 not working.

bunch of problems now, jerking while accelerating, engine light coming on out of no where, 4x4 doesnt engage, both abs and airbag light flicker at times and the dam_n window winder button doesnt even work. its at a point that i will decide to drop a toyota or some other engine in, any recommendation for a place who are familiar with sportage?

sorry for invading this thread, but im looking for a good car mechanic as well? i driving a 1st gen kia sportage, a complete bltch to be honest, initially no issues except the 4x4 not working.

bunch of problems now, jerking while accelerating, engine light coming on out of no where, 4x4 doesnt engage, both abs and airbag light flicker at times and the dam_n window winder button doesnt even work. its at a point that i will decide to drop a toyota or some other engine in, any recommendation for a place who are familiar with sportage?

@barefoot1988

Looks like CM TV members don't go to mechanics. I'll check with some Thai friends and see what I can find. I'll PM you if I find anything.

@barefoot1988

Looks like CM TV members don't go to mechanics. I'll check with some Thai friends and see what I can find. I'll PM you if I find anything.

Hi! i got this reply earlier in other thread when i asked for recommendation. you might want to try it out. apparently he got his old toyota fixed, so it might be helpful to you

from what seeker108 wrote

"My favorite mechanic so far is on the canal road going north toward Mae Rim on the left side about 5 or 6 km up from Huey Kaew. Very basic with no English and no hydraulic lift, etc. I think he can do any cars but seems to specialize in European cars like Peugeot and Citroen. I have not yet used him this year (except to vet 1 car for me) but he worked on both my 20 year old Toyota Crown and my 7 year old Toyota Soluna about 9 and 7 years ago respectively. I found him to do good work, reasonably quick, honest and very inexpensive. His #s are 053 214610 & 087 1757416. Good luck with the Kia"

@barefoot1988

Hi! i got this reply earlier in other thread when i asked for recommendation. you might want to try it out. apparently he got his old toyota fixed, so it might be helpful to you

from what seeker108 wrote

"My favorite mechanic so far is on the canal road going north toward Mae Rim on the left side about 5 or 6 km up from Huey Kaew. Very basic with no English and no hydraulic lift, etc. I think he can do any cars but seems to specialize in European cars like Peugeot and Citroen. I have not yet used him this year (except to vet 1 car for me) but he worked on both my 20 year old Toyota Crown and my 7 year old Toyota Soluna about 9 and 7 years ago respectively. I found him to do good work, reasonably quick, honest and very inexpensive. His #s are 053 214610 & 087 1757416. Good luck with the Kia"

Thanks! :)