Thaksin's Niece Guilty Of Filing False Asset Statement, Gets 5-Year Ban

webfact

You'd think they would have learned by now. Nothing but contempt for the rule of law.

They have learned, for sure....What do you think how much they can put in their pocket while you are writing that.

What you think how many other cases could be avoided by some tea money in the last 6 month.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And amazing how big that family seems to be. I heard from at least 10-20 of them in key positions, police chief, Army leaders, MPs, two PMs.

Ability to be politician must be in the genes.

Three PMs, former-PM Thaksin + former-PM Somchai + PM-Yingluck, unless I'm mistaken ? wai.gif

Clearly a very talented family, nepotism being unthinkable, in Thailand. cool.png

And that former PM with the head like a bull and who has passed away last year, wasn't he a family member of this corrupt family ? whistling.gif

"The court initially sentenced Chinnicha to two months in jail but suspended the jail term for a year on the grounds that she has never been in prison. She was also fined Bt4,000"

By the same logic, I can commit at least one crime and just get a slap on the wrist and a meaningless fine. Right, I'm off to rob a bank, who's with me?!?!

And never likely to.

am i the only one that finds the headline quite biased against a certain former PM?

I mean former PM's daughter banned for false declaration would be as accurate, but obviously not as attention grabbing...

i suppose all this thaksin bashing is good for reconciliation though....

You'd think they would have learned by now. Nothing but contempt for the rule of law.

They have learned, for sure....What do you think how much they can put in their pocket while you are writing that.

What you think how many other cases could be avoided by some tea money in the last 6 month.

Well, I doubt anyone in the Shinawatra household is falling over too worried that a niece got hoofed out. However, as I wrote earlier, how can a person be still indebted to someone if the money they lent you was illegally gained?

Someone steals 100 baht from someones pocket, that someone lends me the money, the law comes along, nabs the thief and I return/have impounded my 100 baht. How on earth can I legally still owe the "someone/thief" 100 baht?

That is all semantics, but still as far as I can see a very odd legal interpretation.

• Like 1

In Chinnicha's argument to the Supreme Court, she said she thought she did not have declare the debt because the assets had been ordered seized by the Assets Examination Committee.

Honest mistakes run in the family.

How many of the family have been banned now?

And amazing how big that family seems to be. I heard from at least 10-20 of them in key positions, police chief, Army leaders, MPs, two PMs.

Ability to be politician must be in the genes.

No, I think it's nepotism in the genes

Wow, this family is right up there with..................?????????????? Sorry but I cannot think of another family to compare to this one. Any suggestions ?

I mentioned the Borgias on the previous page, I wonder if one of them is going to try for Pope in the future.

• Like 1

am i the only one that finds the headline quite biased against a certain former PM?

I mean former PM's daughter banned for false declaration would be as accurate, but obviously not as attention grabbing...

The usual supporters will be along shortly.

Edited as it gave the wrong impression

Edited by Mosha

Yes your are konfuzedthumbsup.gif

Edited by MILT

Wow, this family is right up there with..................?????????????? Sorry but I cannot think of another family to compare to this one. Any suggestions ?

I mentioned the Borgias on the previous page, I wonder if one of them is going to try for Pope in the future.

pope on a rope!

The court initially sentenced Chinnicha to two months in jail but suspended the jail term for a year on the grounds that she has never been in prison.

I especially like this comment. Does it mean suspended because she doesnt have a criminal record of just because she hasnt been before, its only fair that she doesnt go at all. LOL bless her.

I wonder how anyone actually ends up in jail, if you don't have to go to jail because you never have been there before. Than no-one would have to go, as there will never be a first time, right?

Well, I doubt anyone in the Shinawatra household is falling over too worried that a niece got hoofed out. However, as I wrote earlier, how can a person be still indebted to someone if the money they lent you was illegally gained?

Someone steals 100 baht from someones pocket, that someone lends me the money, the law comes along, nabs the thief and I return/have impounded my 100 baht. How on earth can I legally still owe the "someone/thief" 100 baht?

That is all semantics, but still as far as I can see a very odd legal interpretation.

This is exactly what I'm getting from the OP, I must be missing something...

How do you get "100 million baht seized" and then owe that same 100 million baht, when it's already been taken?!

I guess now she owes 100,004,000 baht! Don't really understand the outcry, she failed to declare 100 million baht debt that she'd already had seized from her, then already owing 100 million baht, she's fined a further 4,000 baht!? Err...

I won't even touch on the ridiculous reason given for suspending the jail term... that's priceless and one I will be sure to quote if ever in trouble with the BiB here!

There's obviously more to this than this article describes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potjaman_Na_Pombejra

Transferring to relatives

Bannapot Damapong, Potjaman Shinawatra’s brother-in law, was charged with wealth concealing of Shin Cop. Shares. Bannapot, co-founder of Shin Corp., was believed to own 1.62% of the company’s shares right from the beginning when the company turned public. Howeverm 10.75% was accused of being a nominee to Potjaman Shinawatra. The 10.75% is the separated into two sections. The first section worth of 1.62%, Bannapot used Potjaman’s money to buy the shares to increase his holdings. The 9.13% leftover was accused as being a fraud. The transaction made it look like that Bannapot was buying shares from Potjaman. But the promissory note for buying the shares was accused of being made up after the incident as the name of Potjaman was stated as “Lady Potjaman” where at the time of the transaction; her status was not yet a lady.

• Like 1

If you spread rumours that Phuket is doomed on 28.04.2012., you can be fined and/or imprisoned. If you are an MP and public servant who fails to disclose true assets or liabilities you can avoid imprisonment and get a paltry 4000 baht fine. AMAZING THAILAND as usual...

Would it have all been equal if she had stated the debt as pending "further investigation and political developments".

I borrow money from someone who is subsequently found guilty of having obtained the money in a dodgy manner, and have money seized from me, but legally I still owe the money back to him?

Now if I had colluded to hide his assets surely that is just blatant fraud isn't it?

Doesn't matter, when the reconciliation bill passes she can stick her nose right back in the trough. Precisely why I don't understand why the government can't see where this is going. Surely even they don't want to see a total disregard for rule of law.

She had it at the time she was running and elected and didn't DECLARE it.

Debts can be used to leverage a politician into doing an action by the debt holder.

So they must be declared.

She could lose the whole thing next day, but she STILL failed to file a proper declaration.

End of story.

Edited by animatic

Lucrezia Shinawatra????

Thaksin niece disqualified, banned from politics for filing false statement

image_20120420155831CEF95F07-C0C4-A0C6-3B52977921D50DAC.jpg

Congratulations, Chinnicha !!clap2.gif

You're truly unique in the annals of Thai history.

Your family is the first family to ever have the daughter (yourself),

the mother,

Privacy5633.jpg

and the father,

220px-Somchai_Wongsawat_15112008.jpg

to all be simultaneously banned from politics.

Well Done!

To solidify your position in Thai history, we'll throw in your uncle as an extra member of your banned from politics clan.

pri.png

• Like 1

Thaksin niece disqualified, banned from politics for filing false statement

Congratulations, Chinnicha !!clap2.gif

You're truly unique in the annals of Thai history.

Your family is the first family to ever have the daughter (yourself),

the mother,

Privacy5633.jpg

and the father,

220px-Somchai_Wongsawat_15112008.jpg

to all be simultaneously banned from politics.

Well Done!

To solidify your position in Thai history, we'll throw in your uncle as an extra member of your banned from politics clan.

pri.png

Very good observation, Buchholz: The unholy trinity, so to speak. Let's Thaksin out of the equation, because apart from having a different family name he's nothing but an unholy spirit.

The NACC learned of Chinnicha's Bt100 million debt to Bannapot Damapong

Bannapot? Again?!

39c883c4.jpg

Bannaphot, on the left alongside his sister in July 2008 at the Criminal Court

He's Potjaman's brother and was involved in her tax evasion case as the recipient of 750 Million Baht from his sister. She claimed it was a wedding gift..... even though it was given 2 years after the wedding date. :rolleyes:

Now he's involved with shady financial dealings with family member Chinnicha.

Wonderful clan dynasty they all are.

Edited by Buchholz

What does it means by two months imprisonment jailed term was suspended for a year and fine $4000 baht?

Does it mean 4000 baht in exchange of freedom? A public figure should have doubled the penalty, not special treatment. Just throw her to jail for the sake of fairness !!

Chinnicha, 31, a Puea Thai MP for Chiang Mai

ah yes... she's a constituency MP. AFAIK, getting disqualified as she has, there will need to be a by-election in CM to replace her chair in the House and the cost of that election will be on her to pay. Not that it really matters to these millionaires and billionaires they have in the family clan, but the elections are quite costly and if nothing else, is a bit of poetic justice.

No. It is possible that the thief gave the money from the other pocket that had money which he legitimately earned. You still owe the thief the money.