Pm Missing...

samsiam

I received a rather sweet PM today from someone...he tried his best to whisper sweet nothings to my ear....but I resisted his advance.

Now, it is missing from my PM box.....how can that be ??

My reply to it also gone ??

So if I send a PM to someone....he receives it....I can still delete that sent PM and it is also deleted from his inbox ??....is that how it works ??

Shame really....I wanted to save it for later.

So if I send a PM to someone....he receives it....I can still delete that sent PM and it is also deleted from his inbox ??....is that how it works ??

Yes, it works like this.

It's not "sending" like an email where the message you receive is a copy in a separate storage location that you control. It's more like "posting" to a shared forum location that just happens to be private (and BTW if the owner of the site or the BiB etc needed to see your messages I'm pretty sure that's technically possible).

But the sender and the receiver as looking at the same message so you can edit it, delete it just like in the public forums.

• Like 1

Thanks.

So I guess the sender got a little embarrassed with his whispers and decided to delete it.

Shame.

I do have a screen shot of it however...but would like to have been able to save the PM itself.

I keep thinking about the individual that sent it and what made them say such sweet things.

Very interesting.