You Know It'S Hot In Thailand When...

connda

Which gets us back on topic.

I think ill try get some crumpets next. Apparently we are evolved from them.

Do you ever put your crumpet in the fridge?

SC

There's no place for necrophilia in this forum; just as well, in this heat

I prefer my crumpets like i like my men. Nope actually, its too hot to come up with anything remotely potentially funny to add to that. Today went for fan only. Sod the bloody crumpets, my brain is cooked.

You know it's hot when you sit down outside and you smell fat burning or sh_t........just to keep 'draftvader' happy. thumbsup.gif

I thought the bickering was the low point until now.

• Like 2

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you slip off your leather couch onto the floor while watching tv naked .......

Why would you be sitting naked on couch watching TV or shouldnt i ask ?....whistling.gif

Where do you watch TV?

Or was it the naked bit you were querying? Do you dress for TV?

SC

It was the naked bit I was querying, I can only think of two reasons why one would be naked on a leather couch... one doesnt involve watching TV and the other would involve a TV, DVD player and I would suspect a box of tissues....w00t.gif

when you slip off your leather couch onto the floor while watching tv naked .......

Why would you be sitting naked on couch watching TV or shouldnt i ask ?....whistling.gif

Where do you watch TV?

Or was it the naked bit you were querying? Do you dress for TV?

SC

It was the naked bit I was querying, I can only think of two reasons why one would be naked on a leather couch... one doesnt involve watching TV and the other would involve a TV, DVD player and I would suspect a box of tissues....w00t.gif

To be honest, its so hot here, I don't even bother wiping the sweat off.

I'd like to have another couch, but I am stuck with the two that I have, so amongst the reasons I can see for being naked on the couch are

- live Superleague coverage (as well as Heineken Cup, Asian Five nations... ); really, we are so blessed *

- a climate that is so warm it goes some way beyond comfortably mild

- a frugal Scottish antipathy to running the air conditioning

- the benefits of an open aspect without overlooking properties.

* Oh, and to top it all - this weekend, live and repeated, Wire - Bulls in the Challenge Cup. Really, what more could one ask for?**

** Should that be a topic for a new thread?

SC

You know it's hot in Thailand when .... there are no more mosquitoes!

Man, they were killing me this past year, everyday December through to February I'd get ten in the car without fail. I'd try everything and they'd still find a way in overnight; lowering the windows when you get in doesn't help; if you're stationary more fly in to join the party and whilst moving, as soon as you roll them back up, the mosquitoes re-commence attack as they haven't the strength to fly out.

You know it's hot when you sit down outside and you smell fat burning or sh_t........just to keep 'draftvader' happy. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. Though I ought to point out that the original concept of the thread was good too, however the little BBQ that happened in the middle was more tedious than waiting for yet another Thai govt promise to evaporate ;) Hence my request for a more s*it conversation.

Reading this back I doubt I have made anything clearer. I've made my bed, I should sleep in it. Topically then, Good Night.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

You know it's hot in Thailand when the ants crawl up into your hot water maker and use it as their own indoor swimming pool (all fun and games until I plug it in).

Edited by connda

^ Im sure in some parts of the country it would be considered a delicacy?

LIke um..maybe some rural part of Issan.....or Pattaya.

Nakerkebab mit scuterwurst

I'd not go past hua hin till the smell of cooked flesh had disipated.

SC

My definition of hot is when the mattress and (indoor) chairs/sofas all feel warm before anyone sits on them. I check both of those boxes daily the past week or so.

For some reason, I also routinely get ear infections when it's really hot -- I think it must do with sweat pooling in the ear canal and feeding bacteria? But, at least I'm not (yet?) involuntarily, randomly and spontaneously defecating!