PM Yingluck To Visit Bahrain, Qatar Next Month

webfact

PM'S OFFICIAL VISIT

PM to visit Bahrain, Qatar next month

The Nation

30180678-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will visit Bahrain and Qatar next month to boost cooperation in the trade and energy sectors, Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said Wednesday.

Leading Thai businessmen will accompany Yingluck to Bahrain on her visit scheduled for May 13 and 14 following Bahrain Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa's expressed wish during a recent meeting with Yingluck in Bangkok to meet executives of Ital Thai Industry, Siam Cement and PTT Groups.

Surapong said the Bahrain premier wish to discuss the international airport project and the construction business as well as joint oil resources development.

After Bahrain, Yingluck and her delegation will go to Qatar. High on the agenda is the joint cooperation on construction projects, as the country is bidding to host the 2020 Olympics.

The minister said Qatar wished to construct athletes' dormitories and stadiums for the Olympics.

For the first time, representatives from the medical world will accompany the premier's entourage, as the Middle Eastern nation is confident about Thailand's medical services and development, with many of its nationals seeking medical treatment in Thailand.

Surapong was speaking after chairing a preparatory meeting of the authorities concerned with the visit.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-25

So the next debate on the new charter, Constitution, Reconciliation, Amnesty for her criminal brother must be on May 13 and 14 than!

I mean, look at the pattern, she's always abroad when these 'minor' issues are being debated!

Yes at least something she is good at, timing her shopping travels.laugh.png

• Like 1

Well don't the Saudi's own huge tracks of agricultural land in the north, thanks to Thaksin, perhaps the Bahraini's want in on the act (these will be the farangs that own 30% of Thai land we heard about a few weeks ago wink.png ) OR the PM is secretly going to find out what she needs to do to get a Grand Prix in Thailand! On a serious note there is shed loads of massive business to be had in Oman. Perhaps its time to get more money on Siam Cement shares, as if Yingluck pulls anything off (in terms of business ;) ) Lots of Thais will buy the shares and prices will go up nicely.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Oh , come on lets be fair, this is a crucial visit, she has to be there as the P.M. would never go anywhere unless it's important, She will be a helicopter ride away (with nightsight) from Dubai --it's near isn;t it ???  this is far more important than being in P.M. question time, Will the P.M. be spending any time in Thailand over the next 6 months ???

Oh , come on lets be fair, this is a crucial visit, she has to be there as the P.M. would never go anywhere unless it's important, She will be a helicopter ride away (with nightsight) from Dubai --it's near isn;t it ??? this is far more important than being in P.M. question time, Will the P.M. be spending any time in Thailand over the next 6 months ???

Where there are more Gucci shops per square inch than any other place? Hey cut her a break. She's Thai. She can't help herself!

• Like 1

Well don't the Saudi's own huge tracks of agricultural land in the north, thanks to Thaksin, perhaps the Bahraini's want in on the act (these will be the farangs that own 30% of Thai land we heard about a few weeks ago wink.png ) OR the PM is secretly going to find out what she needs to do to get a Grand Prix in Thailand! On a serious note there is shed loads of massive business to be had in Oman. Perhaps its time to get more money on Siam Cement shares, as if Yingluck pulls anything off (in terms of business wink.png ) Lots of Thais will buy the shares and prices will go up nicely.

I hope you're joking, a grand prix in thailand? Most of the drivers here think they ARE in a grand prix already.

I think she goes to Bahrain to have instructions for the Formula 1 race in Thailand and how to control the 'protesters' beside this race. In Bahrain there were only some collateral damages (not to compare with 90 victims in Thailand). She wants to learn, I agree.

Well don't the Saudi's own huge tracks of agricultural land in the north, thanks to Thaksin, perhaps the Bahraini's want in on the act (these will be the farangs that own 30% of Thai land we heard about a few weeks ago wink.png ) OR the PM is secretly going to find out what she needs to do to get a Grand Prix in Thailand! On a serious note there is shed loads of massive business to be had in Oman. Perhaps its time to get more money on Siam Cement shares, as if Yingluck pulls anything off (in terms of business wink.png ) Lots of Thais will buy the shares and prices will go up nicely.

I hope you're joking, a grand prix in thailand? Most of the drivers here think they ARE in a grand prix already.

Not joking. Have you not seen the thread concerning this here on TV?

I'd like to see her visit Washington and see how the Obama white house treats here. Maybe they can fit her in between a dog walking photo op and the National Toothache Day ribbon cutting ...coffee1.gif

In any case, not only wouldn't she get a state dinner, there would be no hamburger lunch outing with Obama either.

Edited by Jingthing

One is led to wonder whether this visit may be linked to a ''family reunion'' as an absent Thailand member ( who can travel to the two states mentioned unhindered) thus that family member may well be on hand to advise concerning the return of the tawdry group of shop soiled politicians who have been ( overtly even if not covertly) banned from the Thai political scene for the last 5 years ?

There may be some uncontrollable relaxing sphincters in the current maladministration who need reassuring those letters of resignation they have lodged with a third party are not going to be activated in the not too distant future.

What price loyalty ?

No one is safe as Brother No. 1 has no scruples or principles apart from money and an absolute lust for domineering power.

Possibly part of the reason for this jaunt to is to see what is the compensation package ( if any ) going to be and to whom is it going to be offered ?

Will the star of the puppet show end up like poor Judy in Punch and Judy ? (metaphorically speaking that is)

Methinks Thida is not on the lucky list perhaps some others of her ilk and hue may be getting a trifle anxious too.

The redundancy payment may not be enough to enable certain parties to live in the style to which they have become accustomed to.

Might well be some interesting defections coming along with some interesting revelations too.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

I'd like to see her visit Washington and see how the Obama white house treats here. Maybe they can fit her in between a dog walking photo op and the National Toothache Day ribbon cutting ...coffee1.gif

In any case, not only wouldn't she get a state dinner, there would be no hamburger lunch outing with Obama either.

I don't know, if I was Obama I would go out of my way to meet here on the steps of the White House (steps outside only) and shake her hand and say 'Overcome to the USA'. wink.png

• Like 2

Good to see Yingluck and her posse (the four seasons boys) are off for another jaunt at tax payer expense, leaving the son and common law partner at home. Dont worry about running the government as a convicted criminal and fugitive from justice has that under control. Just enjoy the duty free shopping while the men talk business.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

Now that's unfair! Surely a typo and you meant the "Tooth Fairy Day' biggrin.png

Doesn't the timing of this trip mean that PM-Yingluck won't be here, to see the kids' disappointment or carry-the-can, for her government's failure to deliver the tablet-computers on-schedule ?

Who will she delegate it to instead ? Step-back, D-PM Chalerm ! laugh.png

I don't know, if I was Obama I would go out of my way to meet here on the steps of the White House (steps outside only) and shake her hand and say 'Overcome to the USA'. wink.png

Hey look any time Obama has a chance to piss away taxpayer money on something frivilous for himself and his buddies, like a nice state dinner, he'd be up for it. Plus she's alot nicer to look at than the other bulbous headed leaders that visit! Maybe they could even shoot some hoops together!