Name Me Half A Dozen Good Things To Do Around Bkk

ShanePashen

Dusit Zoo

Every day

Over 1,500 animals including elephants, hipos, lions, tigers, rhinoceros and gibbons. Situated around a lake with paddleboats and restuarant. Open daily from...

Can U Kick It Soccer Academy Coaching Program

Every day

Football coaching across Bangkok for children from 4 to 16 years old. To ensure that Can U Kick It football players develop in a stress free atmosphere, the..

KIS International School IB Diploma Scholarships 2012-13

KIS International School is currently accepting applications for their coveted IB Diploma academic scholarships for the academic year 2012-2013. The IB Diploma...

PlayAct Songsters "Bangkok Broadway"

On: Sunday 29 April 2012

PlayAct Academy presents the PlayAct Songsters, an outstanding group of young performers, in a production of music from Broadway, directed by Eugene Eustaquio...

Dance & Ballet Performance

Tango in Bangkok

Every day

You can learn to dance Tango in Bangkok most nights of the week. For more information on courses, venues and times please visit the website of Tango Bangkok.

Dancing: Latin & Salsa

Salsa in Bangkok

Every day

You can dance Salsa in Bangkok most nights of the week. For more information on venues, times and courses please visit the website of Salsa Bangkok.

9dagger.gif

Film

House RCA

Small cinema screening independent and avant garde Thai and international films. Check the website or telephone cinema for exact schedule. 31/8 RCA Rd, RCA...

Sports Events

Muay Thai Boxing - Ratchadamnoen Stadium

Every Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu

One of the two best known and regarded stadiums for Muay Thai boxing. Open on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sundays from 18:30. Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue. Tel:...

Horse Racing - Royal Turf Club of Thailand

Every Sun

Horse racing at the Royal Turf Club of Thailand. From 12:30 until 18:00. Usually takes place every other Sunday. Please check website (under RTC) for exact...

Ultimate Frisbee

From: Sunday 9 January 2011 To: Saturday 8 September 2012

Ultimate is played weekly in Bangkok by a group of expat and locals with a Sunday practice and pick up for all levels and beginners. At the Ror Neung Phan Neung...

9dagger.gif

Theatre & Shows

Siam Niramit Show

Every day

Performance of Thailand's arts and cultural heritage with special effects. A journey to the enchanted Kingdom of Thailand. Open daily from 17:30-22:00. More...

Calypso Cabaret Theatre

Every day

Cabaret in Bangkok with an evening of performances, dancing and singing with more than 50 beautiful 'women' and a lot of fun. Two shows a night at 20:15 and...

9dagger.gif

Walks & Visits

Absolute Explorer Bicycle Safari

Every day

Simple, fun and leisurely bicycle trips suitable for adults and children over seven. Small groups and interesting routes taking you to places rarely seen in...

9dagger.gif

Bangkok: Riverside: What's On

Food & Wine Events

Sunday Brunch - Shangri-La

Every Sun

Brunch every Sunday at the Shangri-La hotel. 89 Soi Wat Suan Phlu, Charoen Krung Road. Tel: 02 236 7777.

9dagger.gif

Lord Jim's Buffet Lunch - Mandarin Oriental

MORE

If you like the blues, find a place with the name like "Saxaphone Club" or something close, on Friday nights. One of the best blues guitarists in the world plays there. Just can't remember his name. Also outstanding is the Philipina blues singer at Iron Faries on Thong Lor (Soi 55) Monday nights.

Agreeing with SimonD above ... after the suggested (late afternoon) picnic before sunset, watching the lassies, and the odd bloke sway and bop to the free aerobic sessions or paddle on the lake ...

post-104736-0-97614600-1335740555_thumb. ... post-104736-0-10602200-1335740573_thumb.

Take time to find the Takraw courts ...

Tip ... turn the sound off. Why anyone thought that 'heavy metal' and Takraw went together ... I'll never comprehend.

Then watch at 6pm when everyone stops for the National Song.

Edit:- The YouTube clip dropped out

Note:- Reproduction of personal photo of my sister is with permission from the subject.

Edited by David48

Lumpini Park ... one of the few places in Bangkok where you can stroll hand in hand as a white foreigner with your Thai gf and feel totally at ease ... yes, bring on the racial comments ... I neither read them nor care about them.

Had the OP searched instead of asking, he would have found this, written less then 6 months ago.

5-things-to-do-in-bangkok

Starts at my post (because of the saved bookmark), but look back from the beginning because there are some great suggestions.

Things to do in Bangkok to guarantee an "interesting" time..

Walk up behind a police officer directing traffic at a busy intersection and commence to do " The Robot" behind his back.

Climb on top of the Ganesha shrine at Central World and sing in a loud and off key voice "Nelly The Elephant"

Take a motorcycle taxi and, instead of giving him directions, simply pull on his left ear to go left and right ear to go right.

Walk into the IDC with a kilo of charlie and say "I'm just dropping this off for a friend"

• Like 1

Some very good suggestions there, thankyou David48 and others,I also noticed in another post there is a world class Muay Thai Boxing tournament on IN BKK on June 9Th.

I would love to see that. I wonder how much the tickets are.

Foolishly I almost went to Bangla boxing stadium in Phuket in March, until my GF told me it was all BS and theatre, just a show for the tourists.

This link may help regarding the river taxis http://www.chaophray...ndex.aspx#fares

I can't find anything online about the price of the all-day ticket, but a couple of years ago we paid (I think) 105 Baht each.

Another good day out is riding the Skytrain on an all-day ticket, getting off and on as often as you like - just don't carry any balloons.

Edit - just to clarify - I think the all-day ticket is only available for the blue flag boats.

rofl

• 4 weeks later...

These are 6 things I would do around Bangkok

1 - Taking the Chao Praya River Boat near the Sunset time

2 - Having dinner in Khin Lom Chom Saphan . A nice Thai restuarant in front of Rama VIII bridge

3 - Going to Chatuchak market in the weekend

4 - Taking a boat in the Canal, BTS, songtaew and motorbike taxi in the same day

5 - Go to Benjasiri Park in the afternoon to see how spectacular is the Tacraw sport

6 - Going to Siam Niramit. It´s a great show.

If anyone is interested, I have up to 7 vouchers (tickets) valid until the 30th of June. I sell them for 1,000 THB.

They are valued in 1,500 THB. I bought them for some friends but they couldn´t go to the show.

You can call me at 08 511 03 573 for the tickets or for any question

spend some time strolling or cycling (can rent bikes) around Suan Rot Fai. If you're looking to chill out, It's the best 'green space' in Bangkok. Definitely my fave park.

odd, i was really disappointed, but then i accidentally ended up there with my kid on childrens day. Like every <deleted> day isn't already her day.

that said the park was under maintained dirty, the grass was little more than dirt and the smell of sewage was evident. perhaps in rainy season it will be worth another try, but it weren't no great shakes when i was there. not so much shade either

Edited by tinfoilhat

Snake farm.

Bridge over the River Kwai

Floating market

How about that macabre hospital museum with a sliced human head and the mummified body of an executed racist - forget where that is.

And the Ancient City . . forget what it's proper name is now . . .

"And the Ancient City . . forget what it's proper name is now . . ."

I take it you are talking about, Muang Boran as it is known in Thai, Ancient City is the farang name.

Combine it with a trip to the crocodile farm which is right next to it over at samut Prakarn.

Would have said the same. Crocodile farm and ancient city

1. Head straight from the airport to a 7-11 (or even goto the one in the airport). Enjoy some bread snacks like hot dogs in buns or sweet bread.

2. Depending upon your arrival (I'll guess evening or night), get a taxi from the managed line to your hotel or wherever you are staying. When you get to the hotel, ask out one of the front desk staff for a drink. She'll refuse at first, but you've made the initial offer. She'll cave the next night with the recommendation that you take her someplace fancy. Enjoy the meal and what is inevitably to follow ;)

3. Head over to Nana area and pick up a 'hair dresser' for a fun time. The night will cost you anything from 1000 (darker brown girl) to 3000 (lighter skin, Chinese looking girl) Baht.

4. Head to a bar frequented predominantly by tourists, and enjoy a few warm piss-flavored, cheap and low quality beers OR over inflated imported beers on ice while chatting with other Farangs and getting bitten by mosquitoes as you sweat your arse off in the heat.

5. Eat some delicious but wholly unsanitary street food.

6. Finally, head over to any massage place and enjoy all the services (even off-menu) ones, fall in love with the girl, and get her contact info.

7. Head home with a sense that you really have the perfect place to spend time or retire to.

are there different boats for different route or only one route ? where does the boat goes too ?

Get off Saphan Taksin BTS stop AKA Sathorn Bridge central pier for the Chaophrya Express Ferry boat service.

Get on any boat heading north, pay 15B on board. Get off anywhere you fancy walk around, get back on and continue for another 15B. Google Maps shows the stops, many sites show the correspondence between specific tourist destinations - Grand Palance/Wat Po, Khao San Road, Wat Arun are the most popular, but to be honest just riding around and randomly getting off is a great experience in and of itself.

There's also a special Tourist Boat, but IMO not worth doing.