Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Good Friend In Thailand

thequietman

I think you're expectations are too high.

You've eliminated Thais leaving you 30 westerners of various nationalities.

culturally, most of these are no closer to you than the Thais

Let's say that excludes half, leaving you 15 people who you can speak to. Then lets say you find only 50% of them socially acceptable, that leave 7. Apply the same 50% rule to them and only 3.5 will find you socially acceptable.

Expecting to find a "freind" in 3 random people is optimistic at best.

Not everybody is good with math necronx99, although i would for-see this problem myself before moving to the sticks, but then again i would have other problems while living there,,,,

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK . enough of this nonsense people. Let's cut to the chase.

Isn't it obvious why a person who chooses an online name 'thequietman' can't get friends?

No more obvious than yours,so can we say you have problems getting a washing machine?rolleyes.gif

And he likes Italian wash machines. BUT, seems he is impressed by them. I had one bah.giflaugh.png

post-60794-0-07573000-1335694655_thumb.j

Can you imagine her up to her elbows in suds...

with a pair of marigolds... and a pinnie

SC

THAT pic brings back memories, and she is one of the most beautiful females to ever grace our mere male mortal eyes. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Hi, yes, thanks. I have my garden, so that kills a lot of time for me. But its just sometimes, its nice to have a beer and talk.

get a dog. they make best friends and like when they are talked to. i'm not joking!

Yes Naam,I agree with you, a dog is probably the best friend you'll get, but a dog likes to be walked, and walking a dog is the best enjoyment of having one, what chance do you have of doing that in Thailand without getting pestered by other dogs?

Get a BIG Dog

Hi, yes, thanks. I have my garden, so that kills a lot of time for me. But its just sometimes, its nice to have a beer and talk.

get a dog. they make best friends and like when they are talked to. i'm not joking!

Yes Naam,I agree with you, a dog is probably the best friend you'll get, but a dog likes to be walked, and walking a dog is the best enjoyment of having one, what chance do you have of doing that in Thailand without getting pestered by other dogs?

Get a BIG Dog

But they crap everywhere, sad.png

It has become a truism to me that people who have become expats are often, frequently, commonly, of two main types: the type that left home because no one would have him/her, and the type who left because he wasn't having the rest of them. The search for the latter type is frustrating and long, but often well worth it.

You hit it, I lived in Bangkok for many years then the sticks now CM and never had a problem meeting people who are sensible apart from the sticks that is. Try CM you might find things a lot different, just keep looking, forget the pi...heads etc. they are not worth tour time.

Get a BIG Dog

That's the only thing that's stopped me getting a dog in Thailand. I love dogs and still miss my Staffy cross that I had back home, died at 15 yo. It would be absolutely no pleasure walking a dog where I live in Pattaya. To the right out of the village there are about 15 street dogs, to the left about 10. Imagine running that gauntlet every day when it's walkies time, and it doesn't matter how BIG your dog is, the street dogs still want to challenge.

Edited by giddyup

to the blether..............

you have moved me with your last post.. i am very genuine when i say this. i like how your mind works. you deserve the very best. take care and just be yourself. good things happen to good people, i dare say you wont have any problems. wai.gif

OK . enough of this nonsense people. Let's cut to the chase.

Isn't it obvious why a person who chooses an online name 'thequietman' can't get friends?

ok, i'll bite. biggrin.png

the only Bendix that I am aware of is a Bendix washing machine. an item that is designed to wring the piss and <deleted> out of dirty nappies. a machine whose sole goal in life is to go around and around and which you have to deposit a powder like substance in order to get it to clean. basically, your very own shit remover.

Now...... the quietman...... a very well known and much liked classic movie loved by critics and people alike. the name refers to an irish-american boxer, strong and handsome, who comes back to the beautiful isle of ireland in search of his home and ultimitely the love of his life. a millionaire sportmans with the heart of a lion and huge fists to boot.

ok, which name would you chose tv'ers ? whistling.gif

Not only are you lonely but you obviously don't read quality literature either, my dear friend.

how the hell do you know if i dont read quality literature you assuming fool.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

any idea who said that ?

I swear, you just post on here to piss people off. biggrin.png

So mr. the quietman, what did you learn after posting this on thaivisa?

I learned mr bendix and mr quietman are 2 totally different persons, but i like them both!

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

i have had a number of pm's from like minded people and hopefully will meet up with them. apart from Bendix, who appears to be a very lonely, desperate, lost all hope, desperately crying for help, reckless,nearly hopeless, critical, suffering and who has a desperate need for recognition, most posters were nice. thumbsup.gif

Edited by thequietman

i have had a number of pm's from like minded people and hopefully will meet up with them. apart from Bendix, who appears to be a very lonely, desperate, lost all hope, desperately crying for help, reckless,nearly hopeless, critical, suffering and who has a desperate need for recognition, most posters were nice. thumbsup.gif

Says the man who started a thread wailing and whining that he can't make friends and is lonely.

How ironic.

• Like 1

When pressed, the OP vaguely states 'the sticks' so appears quite happy to erect his own barriers to finding buddies even via this medium.

For example, had he said that like me, he is near Nong O outside Nongwuaso, I would have PM'd him with an invite to pop 'over the mountain' to Nong Bua Lamphu on Saturday afternoon and hang with Canuck Eddie who is promising treats from the new BBQ that his wife got him for his birthday (about time Eddie, eh?).

Hope it doesn't rain!

you are correct. sorry. i live near Phrae. it would be great to meet people from near there. thanks.smile.png

Go into Chiang mai for a sunday lunch and your guarantead to get talking to someone, can't guarantea that he's not an arseole though !

Says the man who started a thread wailing and whining that he can't make friends and is lonely.

How ironic.

The fool who knows one's own folly,

is wise at least to that extent;

but the fool who thinks oneself wise is really a fool.

bye bye bendix,your attempt at humor is a sad way to let people know that you are lonely also. were you an only child ? i will bet you were. take care.

• Like 1

How ironic.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sometimes Bendix, you are outstanding.

Thanks very much for that one cheesy.gif

Did they send photos of themselves as well ??

How ironic.

The fool who knows one's own folly,

is wise at least to that extent;

but the fool who thinks oneself wise is really a fool.

bye bye bendix,your attempt at humor is a sad way to let people know that you are lonely also. were you an only child ? i will bet you were. take care.

Don't take him so seriously, he's got an overload on Dark British humour, and boy sometimes he knows how to use it biggrin.png

I'm still giggling at that last one Bendix.

You didnt tell me what you learned. You showed yourself and your emotions on a forum. You must agree the loneliness can be a killer. Nobody tries to attack you nor make you feel bad. Everyone just gives their opinions and i like what mr Bendix commented. please give his words some more thought.

would you like them forwarded to you...................... ya freak.

• Like 1

would you like them forwarded to you...................... ya freak.

So you got mine then ??

That was not very tactical in this conversation, can we get back to the original post? There are still some unanswered questions. I strongly agree with mr the quietman on being slightly disturbed when again another farang puts his balls on the table which is only big enough to hold a few beers and an ashtray(There is no room for their insecurity, IMHO this is the reason why they are bragging) This happens a lot in Thailand but it is understandable to me why they do this because they think they have accomplished all in life what a man wants. If i was you i would discard their balls and leave it like that and instead try to make the best of the companionship available whilst living there. I am sure it is possible :-)

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

a pitbull will win over 90% of encounters with other dogs or domestic animals .........

but look what one can do a grown man ....

http://www.google.co...r:13,s:12,i:207

If you own a pitbull and it tears your face off or kills your child, don't act surprised.

i dont own one and i hate anyone who keeps a dangerous animal like that in a populated area ......if it was up to me ,the entire breed would be destroyed

along with any of their owners who complained ,let the flames begin hit-the-fan.gif

• Like 1

a pitbull will win over 90% of encounters with other dogs or domestic animals .........

If you own a pitbull and it tears your face off or kills your child, don't act surprised.

i dont own one and i hate anyone who keeps a dangerous animal like that in a populated area ......if it was up to me ,the entire breed would be destroyed

along with any of their owners who complained ,let the flames begin hit-the-fan.gif

They are now banned in Australia,

They are now banned in Australia,

good ,but i would prefer if they were wiped off the face of the planet

plenty of toddlers have been savaged and ripped apart by these creatures in europe ,they are semi-legal there

but must be kept locked in a garden and muzzled in public

of course the owners cant manage this ,and they regularly escape and maul some innocent person

Most of the Falang who come to live in Thailand are not the cream of the crop of society, this would explain why it is so hard if you are a decent person to find good friends . Luckily for me I have never really enjoyed having male friends, and am happy enough in the company of my girlfriend, other ladies or myself.

That is only partially true, unless you are telling us you are not the cream of the crop! No I suspect you are the exception, you are the cream of the crop and Thailand begged you to come here and stay. Sorry I am just messing with you.

There are a lot of reasons why people come to Thailand to stay for an extended period. Not all are for pussy, although that is at least the initial reason for a lot of guys. I came to get away from the rat race, bad economy and fuc_ked up politics of the US. Here I don't give a shit, I live in a nice place and I for one am content to stay in my home and not interact with anyone for days on end. Perhaps the OP's foreign neighbors are like me and you.

I second that. I have two. And they never ask me to buy them beer.