Thaksin Flying To England For Manchester Derby

webfact

So Thailand is now officially the only country in the world to give any weight to the trumped up, politically motivated charges against the deposed premier.

What planet do you live on? If these charges against Thaksin are trumped up then I'm afraid I am the world's only pregnant carrot.

You are obviously not familiar with the lack of due process in The Ratchada case. Frother

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin bought Man City in the mistaken belief that it was Man Utd. Then he tried to persuade his acolytes in Thailand that he actually did own United. Worth noting that the management of Man City breathed a huge sigh of relief when he left the club as the common view was that the guy was an idiot who tried to involve himself in team affairs .......

And they were right too.

Not saying they are starting to wind up for the match in Manchester, but I do miss the British humour! From a local 'City' pub! clap2.gif

image001.jpg

biggrin.png Ha ha! The odd thing is, if that pub's where I think it is (Blackley/Collyhurst) it's in a largely Red part of town.

• Like 1

Not saying they are starting to wind up for the match in Manchester, but I do miss the British humour! From a local 'City' pub! clap2.gif

image001.jpg

biggrin.png Ha ha! The odd thing is, if that pub's where I think it is (Blackley/Collyhurst) it's in a largely Red part of town.

I think you are right! LoL No saying who the owner may be in that part of town but I bet the Man U fans are laughing as hard as anyone. The owners must have balls! 555

So Thailand is now officially the only country in the world to give any weight to the trumped up, politically motivated charges against the deposed premier.

What planet do you live on? If these charges against Thaksin are trumped up then I'm afraid I am the world's only pregnant carrot.

You are obviously not familiar with the lack of due process in The Ratchada case. Frother

'lack of due process', what does that mean?

He clearly broke the law, serious laws which are there to stop politicians etc from getting their hands on attractive commonwealth property and assets. He broke the law!

The evidence that he had broken the law is there and is clear. The case was heard and he was found guilty and sentenced during the time his party were in power.

Please share what you mean by 'lack of due process'.

Edited by scorecard

If Thaksin really gave a S% about the Thai people he would show self sacrifice and do the 2 years in prison and do them in genuine Thai prison conditions - then he would have real credibility.

He already has credibility in Thailand, he has money. A lot of it.

No other self-respecting Thai would spend any time in prison for any crime, no matter how heinous, if it can be prevented.

It would go against cultural norms, show himself as an utter fool and he would lose respect from many Thais.

Prison is a place where only poor people go.

He clearly broke the law, serious laws which are there to stop politicians etc from getting their hands on attractive commonwealth property and assets. He broke the law!

The evidence that he had broken the law is there and is clear. The case was heard and he was found guilty and sentenced during the time his party were in power.

If you don't understand English are you in a position to debate politics on an English language forum?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

The main prosecution witness' testimony to the court occurred in secret - Thaksin's legal team was not allowed in the room. Section 4 of the National Counter Corruption Act (under which he was convicted) indicates that persons committing malfeasance must be direct supervisors of the damaged party - in this case, the FIDF. At the time,Bank of Thailand Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula (the main prosecution witness) directly supervised the FIDF, not Thaksin.

image001.jpg

I think you are right! LoL No saying who the owner may be in that part of town but I bet the Man U fans are laughing as hard as anyone. The owners must have balls! 555

I dont rate Lee's Beers/ales so I wont be going, is there a Wetherspoons nearby?coffee1.gif

image001.jpg

It's a clear photoshop job. rolleyes.gif

If you don't understand English are you in a position to debate politics on an English language forum?

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Due_process

The main prosecution witness' testimony to the court occurred in secret - Thaksin's legal team was not allowed in the room. Section 4 of the National Counter Corruption Act (under which he was convicted) indicates that persons committing malfeasance must be direct supervisors of the damaged party - in this case, the FIDF. At the time,Bank of Thailand Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula (the main prosecution witness) directly supervised the FIDF, not Thaksin.

I was not here at the time of the trial so have little or no knoiwledge of the happenings but I would have thought the Bank of Thailand Governor would have been accountable to the Prime Minister and that would that have been Thaksin at the time?

You either sympathise with him or you dont but I dont see him rushing back with an appeal against the ruling, he does not fancy 2 years in the chokey so bestif he goes down the nearest Sports Bar for the big match.

Edited by exeter

Back when he was PM , Mr. Thaksin was desperately trying to think of ways to pretend he was a man of the people and not just a selfish super-rich money grabber. His advisers thought, most Thai men love the premier league and the sport of football is sufficiently "working class" to appeal to Somchai in the street, so let's get him involved. His first inclination was to go for the most popular team at the time , which was Liverpool. But on finding out the cost , as he doesn't spend one baht unless he gets back two , he tried to convince the people that he was buying Liverpool for the Thai people ( and using public money to do so ).

This all went t*ts up and he then moved on to Manchester city where if memory serves me, he used the money of one of his cronies from Chang beer , but still took the credit of being the owner. Of course when the oportunity arose to make a nice profit by selling to the Arabs , he jumped at the chance.

Now he is thinking of coming home ( no not China or Montenegro) he is putting his face in the limelight again pretending to still support " the blues " and hoping that his crimes will be overlooked.

At the time Thais were proudly telling me that Thaksin was buying Liverpool.I replied,no, your buying it through a lottery.The rich never put their hand in their own pocket.This guys form goes way back.I was not popular at the time.

image001.jpg

But it's still funny Inspector Clouseau rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

If that's so why hasn't his sister and his party been able to sort it out for him? Why does he need a royal pardon or an amnesty? It's a bit ironic if what you say is true isn't it? "The only country in the world to give any weight to the trumped up, politically motivated charges against the deposed premier" is the one he apparently is running.

Can you explain to the more rational of us what is trumped up or politically motivated about calculated, known tax evasion to the tune of a billion dollars? That would see him on a 50 year stretch had he done it in the USA!

He has not broken any UK laws, so unless Thailand issue an international arrest warrant then UK immigration have no reason to stop him.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Can you explain to the more rational of us what is trumped up or politically motivated about calculated, known tax evasion to the tune of a billion dollars? That would see him on a 50 year stretch had he done it in the USA!

He has not broken any UK laws, so unless Thailand issue an international arrest warrant then UK immigration have no reason to stop him.

That's not what he was convicted for

Tax evasion - not charges that are politically motivated.

Corrupt land deals - not charges that are politically motivated

Corrupt approval of loans to Burma so his own Satellite company wins a major contract in Burma whilst he is PM - not charges that are politically motivated.

All charges are criminal, all the activities were against the law of this country. He is not above the law.

No, he was let off that one....and a few others in a charge sheet as long as your arm..... in order to get him on his wife's land deal where he was bang to rights. Even BB didn't bother appealing at the time.

If that's so why hasn't his sister and his party been able to sort it out for him? Why does he need a royal pardon or an amnesty? It's a bit ironic if what you say is true isn't it? "The only country in the world to give any weight to the trumped up, politically motivated charges against the deposed premier" is the one he apparently is running.

Please know the history of individuals visiting the UK before making these ridiculous claims:

Pinochet

Mugabe

Gadaffi

Kagame

Idi Amin

I think you have a better reference point about the 'hospitality' of the UK!

Mister Thaksin with a Premier League fit and Proper Person Test pass (Tak Bai, Krue Se, War on Drugs, Red insurgence 2009 and 2010), fits perfectly in this list!

image001.jpg

But it's still funny Inspector Clouseau rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Anyway, I know someone who lives on Charlestown Road (a citeh fan btw) and asked him earlier to take a peek on his way out today. It seems our good Inspector Clouseau is correct: It's actually a "pub tenancy available" sign. As to Exeter's request wrt a Wetherspoons: You're obviously not familiar with that part of Manchester, and that particular pubco doesn't 'do' protection money so don't hold your breath laugh.png .

Tax evasion - not charges that are politically motivated.

Corrupt land deals - not charges that are politically motivated

Corrupt approval of loans to Burma so his own Satellite company wins a major contract in Burma whilst he is PM - not charges that are politically motivated.

All charges are criminal, all the activities were against the law of this country. He is not above the law.

Before frothing at the mouth in general about him, why don't you calmly and rationally go & look at the facts in each & every case instead of reading a few articles written about him by his enemies & then making your mind up?

Mr (?) birdpooguava, Mr Thaksin, was convicted in a Thai Court under Thai law and promptly left the country to avoid a 2 year prison sentence. Whether you like it or not they are the facts and he is currently an "ex PM Fugitive" If he comes back he will have to serve his sentence it is as simple as that, the law of the land, from what I understand, you may disagree, you probably do as you seem to think the trial was not all that it should be but whats has happened has happened, quoting a Wikepedia site that implies the site needs work doing on it as a headline will change nothing.

You either hate him or love him, he certainly does not leave many sitting on the fence does he? Nor is he a pauper, it would be best if he had a good life out of Thailand because if he comes back reconcilliation will go out of the window! I hope its a good match tonight!! Is the referee "TUNG"?

Could always ask a few Millwall lads to welcome Thaksin back to the U.K cheesy.gif

But don't Millwall play in blue shirts? How about an arranged coming together of Millwall and West Ham fans, with Thaksin in between them? Laundry problem time methinks.

I always smile to myself when I think of the city supporters calling him by name Sinatra, as they couldn't pronounce his name. Ego thing as usual, he has NO Singing voice, he has NO sense of football or the rules, pure publicity, and as he thinks he will steel the show at the ground. What a armhole, if only the football fans knew what he was really like. He has similar style to Mr Bean, Hilarious, and the looks to boot.

Thaksin Sinatra. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

And Yingluck becomes Nancy?