Top Three Things That Brought You To Thailand?

smokie36

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the tallest man in the villiage. The natives are in awe of my ability to reach things on high shelves.

...maybe they are just surprised that you show no shame when selecting your favourite ladyboy-necrophilia magazine...

I am the tallest man in the villiage. The natives are in awe of my ability to reach things on high shelves.

...maybe they are just surprised that you show no shame when selecting your favourite ladyboy-necrophilia magazine...

Why do you think I have high shelves?

Better than a safe for keeping the local midgets out of my stuff.

1. cheap rent

2. very cheap food

3. very very cheap haircuts

People forget the contribution that coiffure makes to the Thai economy. However, following my latest experience with a scratchy open-razor shave (and the lady going on and on "farang this, farang that" I have started going to an Indian fellow behind the supermarket...

Anyway, it would be well worth your while searching out previous threads on haircut tourism, if you are interested in this topic, which is of some importance to Thailand's balance of trade

SC

1. Safe Haven

2.The Corruption

3.The ease to get to other parts of Asia in a few hours

4.Money

5.Golf

6.I have an abundance of time and enjoy wasting that now drinking,eating fantastic food,perving on beautiful lady's and doing what i want day to day,not what other people or organizations,governments want me to do.

These types of discussions on why one moves to Thailand always amaze me with their dishonesty. Come on! There's only one reason people move to Thailand, and its located under your zipper! And I'm not, repeat NOT, saying theres anything wrong with that. The draw could me one particular woman or man or not. But we ALL know what it comes down to. The rest are just justifications.

Someone mentioned culture???? Give me a break! You just love Thai entertainment, music, sports, movies, art SO much better than in your home country. I just don't believe you for half a second.

Anyway -- any of you guys wanna meet up? I love meeting blokes who are as thick as shit likeu too. what I am.

But I gotta say, though, I'm a Chelsea fan and I fukcing hate Man United. Know what I mean?

From reading your post, my IQ went into the negatives. I am going to go light myself on fire and jump out a window.

Don't worry. He is trying to tell us how clever he really is. wink.png

1. cheap rent

2. very cheap food

3. very very cheap haircuts

People forget the contribution that coiffure makes to the Thai economy. However, following my latest experience with a scratchy open-razor shave (and the lady going on and on "farang this, farang that" I have started going to an Indian fellow behind the supermarket...

Anyway, it would be well worth your while searching out previous threads on haircut tourism, if you are interested in this topic, which is of some importance to Thailand's balance of trade

SC

I would never have left India but for the over zealous use of Brut 33 in the barbers. It was a battle of wills in the end and I had to take drastic action.

Its a cut throat world...

1. Somewhere to chill out for a while after the loss of someone very close

2. Somewhere different and cheaper from the western destinations that I was used to

3. To visit CCF (now Childfund) projects I was sponsoring.

1. Different culture.
  2. Cheaper than the UK.
  3. The challenge of actually doing it at a young age.

... 3 good non-perverted non-piss-take answers!

True, but number 3 is ridiculous and unbelievable.

You want a challenge? Climb Everest/learn to fly a 'plane etc. etc.

There are many challenges out there - moving to a foreign country as 'a challenge' is not one of them.

There are many challenges out there - moving to a foreign country as 'a challenge' is not one of them.

That would depend on the person though

For you moving to a foreign country may not be a challenge

Yet I have done things like you used as examples of a challenge & still think moving to Thailand is more of a challenge......for me anyway wink.png

Edited by flying

1. Different culture.
  2. Cheaper than the UK.

I beg to differ..

Of course is not much of a challenge if you are retired or financially secure, but for all of us who are making a living is a challenge.

Yet I have done things like you used as examples of a challenge & still think moving to Thailand is more of a challenge......for me anyway wink.png

You're missing my point.

Of course moving to a foreign country is a challenge, just not a challenge I believe anyone would make just for the sake of it.

Edited by F1fanatic

You're missing my point.

Of course moving to a foreign country is a challenge, just not a challenge I believe anyone would make just for the sake of it.

Wouldn't you say..........

Just for the sake of it is probably the root of most challenges?

Basically for the sake of doing it/ having done it? Memories?

I know to some it may seem odd. Perhaps to someone who always traveled.

But to folks who have not or always lived in one place it can appear to be a very large exotic challenge.

The things you listed as challenges I have done similar & at the time I had family & friends ask why?

Why would you do that?

At the time I did them because I wanted to...or to prove to myself I could etc.

I would guess the reasons may be the same for phuturatica

she also mentioned age at time of accomplishment

• Like 1

You're missing my point.

Why did I do it? well because it was difficult of course. Sounds good when you are the first person on the South pole or something, not so cool when it is about your address.

But choosing a third world country to live in while you are young will provide a wealth of perspective.The trick is f you can find someway to apply it later in life. Still I don't think it is something you do for the challenge alone.

1) I was sent here because my wife is Thai (even though she grew up in England).

2) I was sent here because I'd been here with my wife a few times and no-one else wanted to come.

3) I actually wanted to go to India as I'm cricket mad however seeing as I've been there many times over the years, I'm now so glad I live in Thailand...

1. Different culture.
  2. Cheaper than the UK.

It was for me seeing as I was not financially secure, I never came from a high class rich background therefore had to save myself, needed to make a living and have had health problems holding me back all my life. I worked hard and every hour God sent in order for me to move to Thailand. It was definitely a challenge.

But every person is different I guess. We can't all just dip into our money and go jetting off and living in a new country! It takes a lot more for some people!

• Like 1

I wonder f1fanatic think move to different country is not challenge?

I try to plan travel different country two weeks and already challenging

Phuturica come to Thailand complete new country find work make friends live, social

I think a lot of challenge and brave :)

I hope you have nice time in Thailand :)

• Like 1