Help With German Language Please

TexasRanger

Hi,

An uncle in the village received an official looking letter for his son that hasn't been around for many years and asked me to translate it, unfortunately it is in German. I don't need it translated word for word but if someone could just let me know roughly what it is about and if any action needs to be taken it would be much apreciated. I have scanned it and the link is here.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Ranger

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxHGrTtOhmWcX3dkVEx2UkdmLWs

papers from the court to say that the marriage is now closed (they are legally divorced)

The woman has to pay the 50euro fee.

If not in agreement then they have one month to write to the court in German to explain the reasons why

Edited by beano2274

papers from the court to say that the marriage is now closed (they are legally divorced)

If not in agreement then they have one month to write to the court in German to explain the reasons why

Correct !

Yermaneewai.gif

ALMOST correct, it is not a paper about divorce itself: The document says that the German court has decided to recognize the divorce that was registered on 21 September 2001 in Thailand...

Thus, the legal divorce was made in Thailand, the German authorities recognize and accept that divorce and hence, the plaintiff is free to get married again (probably under German law).

• Like 1

Thank you guys that's awesome. Sometimes with all the bullshot and trolling on this site you forget what a useful site it can be and how there are so many genuine people here who are prepared to help each other out.

Thanks again.

Ranger

Glad that we have some native German speakers in here (or Swiss-German).

Swiss might be native German reader and writer but not speaker, hahahahaha

Austrians can understand them to 50 %

Germans have no clue what they are speaking or what language that is........

(but I like the sound......)

^ Ask a sensible question and you will get a sensible answer.

As you did.

Absolutely

naaaah, not really... am a native Swiss German Dialect speaker, reader and writer... but native German (or "High German" - Hochdeutsch) as we call it, we have to learn in school and it's considered a foreign language in our 4-language country...

And don't worry about the dozends of Swiss dialects... not even I understand all of them... but that's not different from Germany where people don't understand each of the different (spoken) dialects...

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 1

^ Ask a sensible question and you will get a sensible answer.

As you did.

Absolutely

naaaah, not really... am a native Swiss German Dialect speaker, reader and writer... but native German (or "High German" - Hochdeutsch) as we call it, we have to learn in school and it's considered a foreign language in our 4-language country...

And don't worry about the dozends of Swiss dialects... not even I understand all of them... but that's not different from Germany where people don't understand each of the different (spoken) dialects...

I would say the average Austrian understand most of the German dialects (more or less, with some time to adjust) and get into most Swiss dialects within a day or so. Of course some words will be missing, but enough for general understanding. I can almost understand that strange German dialect called Dutch.....

The real Hochdeutsch is the Burgtheaterdeutsch in Vienna. But no German would ever admit that. What the German call Hochdeutsch is like a tech-demo of a language......

I think as long as you ask questions that are not open to debate and within reach of people they will help you. Things like sin sod, paying your gf, ect those are always open for debate.

I can read german too, be it not as good as the Swiss but the Dutch language is related to it. Also we had to study it at school

But if the bloody Yanks did not liberate us we would all speak German and here they would speak Japanese. No more English would have made things a lot easier. Just joking.

I think as long as you ask questions that are not open to debate and within reach of people they will help you. Things like sin sod, paying your gf, ect those are always open for debate.

I can read german too, be it not as good as the Swiss but the Dutch language is related to it. Also we had to study it at school

But if the bloody Yanks did not liberate us we would all speak German and here they would speak Japanese. No more English would have made things a lot easier. Just joking.

We would had the European Union 50 years earlier and would be past the Reichsmark crises and falling apart of it already since 30 years.

But even as German speaker I must admit that English is the better language for going international. Much faster to learn, easier to speak.

And on the other side, if the Yanks wouldn't liberate you, comrade Stalin would have done it and you would be an excellent Russian speaker now.

Bavarians do understand

The real Hochdeutsch is the Burgtheaterdeutsch in Vienna. But no German would ever admit that. What the German call Hochdeutsch is like a tech-demo of a language......

jo freili! dös hot scho mei Grossmuatta (a Weanerin) ollawei gsogt laugh.png

jo freili! dös hot scho mei Grossmuatta (a Weanerin) ollawei gsogt laugh.png

Gescheite Frau!

Bavarians do understand

Bavarians are not Germans anymore (and not Austrians yet).

And in fact they are a country inside Germany, not just a state.

• Like 1

Bavarians have never been Germans, a secession is imminent, all Preissn will need a visa to cross the borders, visa runs will not be accepted and issuance of work permits will be very restrictive.

• Like 1

Bavarians have never been Germans, a secession is imminent, all Preissn will need a visa to cross the borders, visa runs will not be accepted and issuance of work permits will be very restrictive.

Just in case your Ossie German Chancellor might not like the secession idea, we Swiss might be willing to accept you guys as our 27th or so disctrict (might be 28th if the Lombarei decides to leave Italy also...) and integrate you into our beautiful country....welcomeani.gif

Am just thinking about re-instating Bavarian Kings for all our country and get rid of our current government... whistling.gif

Just in case your Ossie German Chancellor might not like the secession idea, we Swiss might be willing to accept you guys as our 27th or so disctrict (might be 28th if the Lombarei decides to leave Italy also...) and integrate you into our beautiful country....welcomeani.gif

Am just thinking about re-instating Bavarian Kings for all our country and get rid of our current government... whistling.gif

Yes since the DDR took over the BRD they also have the Ossi Chancellor. (And their laws for Anti-Terror and Anti-money laundry fits well into that picture).

We Oesis would also take the Bavarians, specially if they would help us to take back Suedtirol.

Finally a Swiss who talks some sense

Would the Swiss also accept complete Austria??? Under the condition that we are not allowed to vote? (as it seems we always elect the most stupid one)

Would the Swiss also accept complete Austria??? Under the condition that we are not allowed to vote? (as it seems we always elect the most stupid one)

why not? doesn't "Kchanton Ostmarkch" sound gopferdammi quite nice? wink.png

• Like 1

this would not make any sense because there would be no profit in it.

Bavarians do understand

Und Schwäbische

Bavarians do understand

Und Schwäbische

Schwaben is a part of Bavaria .