Flying With Aeroflot

You poor thing... you can't expect a first-class airline to fly to a shithole like Baku. If your complany sends you to places like that you should think of changing jobs.

What has a destination got to do with in- flight service ? PLEASE answer. smile.png

I'mmmmmmmmmmmm waiting wai.gif

• 1 month later...

Last time I drank with Russians in Bangkok they explained that when they drink there is Alcohol and something non Alcohol to drink.

Alcohol was vodka (of course)

The non Alcohol drink (to drink between 2 shots of vodka) was Singha Beer.

(and some of them were Muslims: Wodka=Water, Beer=food....but no pork, please)

Maybe you should have told her that it is OK to not serve alcohol and if she could bring you some wine instead??

One time in Moscow I went to the nearby store to pick up some beer for my work mate who was getting back after the hotel restaurant closed. There was a match at the nearby football stadium and to reduce problems they weren't selling 'alcohol'. All the shelves of spirits were covered with paper. When I pled my case to buy some beer (12% alcohol) they looked at me with scorn and pointed to the refrigerators - yes, beer is not 'alcohol'. rolleyes.gif Since then I saw something in the press last year about Medvedev reclassifying beer from being 'food' to being 'alcohol' as part of their efforts to deal with the terrible problems alcohol abuse causes the country.

Hi everyone,

I have an Aeroflot flight at the end of august, I wanted to say hi to some family in france and found an amazingly cheap flight (500 euros) to france ...

But now on I am being scared by all the comments.

Not that long ago i was still travelling across europe with ryan air so I guess it can not be worst, can it ?

Hi everyone,

I have an Aeroflot flight at the end of august, I wanted to say hi to some family in france and found an amazingly cheap flight (500 euros) to france ...

Not that long ago i was still travelling across europe with ryan air so I guess it can not be worst, can it ?

Probably get a better behaved class of Russians on a flight to France. They likely won't be passing out in the aisles unsure.png I'd make sure it is not a Russian model of plane used on that route, their Western European made planes have a better safety record.

Alcohol free flights eh? I did business class with Kuwait one time...and enjoyed the flight not being full of pissheads. The six hour layover was hellish though with only a coffeeshop and my book to read it quickly became tedious.

I'm flying later this week Amsterdam-Bangkok with Egyptair...I know its dry in the air but can I get a beer at Cairo airport does anyone know?

That would be a refreshment stop I'd like to make! biggrin.png

Alcohol free flights eh? I did business class with Kuwait one time...and enjoyed the flight not being full of pissheads. The six hour layover was hellish though with only a coffeeshop and my book to read it quickly became tedious.

I'm flying later this week Amsterdam-Bangkok with Egyptair...I know its dry in the air but can I get a beer at Cairo airport does anyone know?

Yes you can get a beer at Cairo, cant remember where it is in the Egypt Air terminal though.

Hi everyone,

Am flying to Dusseldorf and back from CDG with Aeroflot in December, am not worried, I also check here and on airlinequality to see what people say, did not put me off.

Last time I drank with Russians in Bangkok they explained that when they drink there is Alcohol and something non Alcohol to drink.

Alcohol was vodka (of course)

The non Alcohol drink (to drink between 2 shots of vodka) was Singha Beer.

(and some of them were Muslims: Wodka=Water, Beer=food....but no pork, please)

Maybe you should have told her that it is OK to not serve alcohol and if she could bring you some wine instead??

One time in Moscow I went to the nearby store to pick up some beer for my work mate who was getting back after the hotel restaurant closed. There was a match at the nearby football stadium and to reduce problems they weren't selling 'alcohol'. All the shelves of spirits were covered with paper. When I pled my case to buy some beer (12% alcohol) they looked at me with scorn and pointed to the refrigerators - yes, beer is not 'alcohol'. rolleyes.gif Since then I saw something in the press last year about Medvedev reclassifying beer from being 'food' to being 'alcohol' as part of their efforts to deal with the terrible problems alcohol abuse causes the country.

Russia, the last stronghold of common sense!

burp.gif

Nastaraovje (or similar, can't recall)

Done some research. Apparently dry in the lounges but bar/resto in the transit hall serves beer.

Yermaneewai.gif

Edited by yermanee

Am flying to Dusseldorf and back from CDG with Aeroflot in December, am not worried, I also check here and on airlinequality to see what people say, did not put me off.

Hope you're right !

Let me know how yuor flight was, when you are back

You poor thing... you can't expect a first-class airline to fly to a shithole like Baku. If your complany sends you to places like that you should think of changing jobs.

If your future posts are anything like your first one I can see you being a short lived TV poster.

Have you ever been to Baku? I found it to be a thoroughly lovely place, perfectly clean, good night life, nice people and a very good future.

Enjoy your short membership of TV!

Did YOU ever been in Baku, I work there for over 7 years and i never saw a bigger shit hole that Baku.

Unfortunately i go their because i have to make some money some times but otherwise i would avoid it.

Luckily i can choose my own flights and i only fly Business Class which makes it bearable.

Normally i use Emirates or Turkish to fly to Baku and i used Moscow only ones but i did not really liked it and changed to Turkish which is at the moment the easiest option for me.

Edited by merijn

You don't know you've been born. In 1993 I was sat in the bar in Da Nang airport waiting for a Vietnam Airlines flight to Saigon, next to me were two Vietnam Airlines pilots drinking whisky. I thought, fair enough a drink at the end of the day, though most airlines would frown at you drinking in uniform. Halfway through my flight the pilot/copilot came out of the cockpit to use the toilet. Yes, last time I saw him he was knocking back his Johnny Walker Black Label in the bar like there was no tomorrow.

You don't know you've been born. In 1993 I was sat in the bar in Da Nang airport waiting for a Vietnam Airlines flight to Saigon, next to me were two Vietnam Airlines pilots drinking whisky. I thought, fair enough a drink at the end of the day, though most airlines would frown at you drinking in uniform. Halfway through my flight the pilot/copilot came out of the cockpit to use the toilet. Yes, last time I saw him he was knocking back his Johnny Walker Black Label in the bar like there was no tomorrow.

Nothing new. Go into the village Pubs around Gatwick and see all the BA Pilots knocking it back an hour before take-off. They do spot checks and catch a few now and again but most of them get away with it.

I went aeroflot 4 years ago to London heathrow we landed on time 19.30 the only trouble was it was the following day we where 24 hours late

Reminds me. Had almost the same experience, only with Kuwait Airline, but several years prior to yours. I was flying BKK to LHR. One unscheduled stop at Mumbai (Hotel for several hours) then onto Kuwait (overnight Hotel). Next day to Frankfurt, then LHR about 24 hours later than due arrival. All part of the fun of flying.

Can anybody confirm if the Aeroflot Bangkok to Moscow Sheremetyevo flight is dry in Business Class?

I am booked end of September and the one thing I love about flying business is doing in at least half a bottle of free champagne.

I could probably do without it, I would probably survive without a drink (just about) but I'm not paying 78'000 THB to drink orange juice!

Flew with Aeroflot during the late 80's from Angola to Moscow.

All the white's and Chinese got upgraded to Club class.

Free bar, the stewardess's where even getting pi@@ed, someone was playing a guitar.

Turned into quite a memorable party!!!! ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got an Aeroflot flight to Croatia. Now that I know they don't serve alcohol they will be one of my preferred airlines. Service was great and staff were friendly. Much better than times I've flown both BA and Virgin.