Receipt Of Notification - 90 Days Report

Last Saturday I departed from Suvarnabhumi on a short trip. I knew I had trouble coming when the officer at the passport check removed the (stapled in) Receipt of Notification of my 90 days report. I politely asked for it back as it has always to be returned when doing the next report. It even has a stamp "KEEP IN PASSPORT". He insisted that he had to keep it. I explained that this might be something new that I didn't know about but I would prefer to have it back. He didn't seem to understand or be willing to give it back. I repeated my argument several times until he finally gave in and returned it to me. I thanked him sincerely. My next thought was to be careful not to loose it now as it was no longer stapled in. Of course then I lost it some time before boarding my flight bah.gif

Has anybody encountered this before? What happens if you can't produce the old receipt on doing the next report? Of course I know the 90 days start anew on arrival back in Thailand. On the immigration webpage it even says to mail in "Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)" (I've been doing the reporting by mail for a long time now).

Thank you any information and opinions.

Edited by lothda

You don't need the paper since you left Thailand before your report date. The new 90 day period starts the day that you reentered Thailand, counting that day. You will have to count the days to determine when your next report date is.

And in the future, if you're traveling, keep your 90-day-receipt in a secure place at home. You don't need it while traveling. It can save you a 2,000 baht fine, if you are asked to produce it at your regional immigration office.

You don't need the paper since you left Thailand before your report date. The new 90 day period starts the day that you reentered Thailand, counting that day. You will have to count the days to determine when your next report date is.

Perfect answer. thumbsup.gif

In my experience,anything can happen at 90 day check in time,it's all a question of who you get on the day.

If they have a proceedure or rule Book,then there are many Immigration Officers who are not following it. I will not bore members,by giving many instances of different interpretations and trivialitys,I am sure most of us could catalogue a whole list,of officious nonsense,. (starting with: why does the man next to me,with the same Passport as me,not need to get Photo copies,while I often, but not always,need to copy every page in my Passport?

Best not to try and understand the procedures,It's a Boring simple Job,so keep quiet,...speak when you are spoken to,...above all,don't argue,...and you will be out a lot quicker...ready for a Beer,to clear your scrambled Brain!

You can't report by mail if you are late with your report. You mst go to the immigration office in person in that case. (I don't thnik you can send someone else on your behalf, as you have the sign the ticket).

You can't report by mail if you are late with your report. You mst go to the immigration office in person in that case. (I don't thnik you can send someone else on your behalf, as you have the sign the ticket).

If it's your first report since arriving back in Thailand and you're not late, but you missed a report from your previous stay and then left Thailand, how would they know?

What should one bring to the 90-day reporting office in BKK to complete the process in person? As pointed out above, the bureaucrats aren't above capriciousness, and I've read conflicting advice: everything from bring just your passport to show multiple pieces of mail (bank statement, etc) as proof of address.

To be safe, what would the wise old-hands here recommend? Thanks, Paul

Hi All, I'm over 50 on a non-imm 1 yr. O-A visa. I've never done a 90 day report because I've travelled in and out a lot, thereby re-setting the meter every time. But I am coming up to one and I'd appreciate any info as to how strict they are about the exact counting of days. As it happens, my travel plans have me leaving Thailand again exactly 90 days, or possibly exactly 91 days, into my current stay. Then I'll return in a week. Is there any possibility I will get in trouble for failing to file a 90 day report before leaving? If so what is the trouble?

Thanks for any advice!

TG

I recently did the 90 day report by mail.. mailed it a week before the due date to BKK office. When I received the receipt this week a small notice was stapled to the report (In Red print with yellow highlighting). "Next time send back 10 days before the due date". The implication is that I sent in my address report too late !

Hi All, I'm over 50 on a non-imm 1 yr. O-A visa. I've never done a 90 day report because I've travelled in and out a lot, thereby re-setting the meter every time. But I am coming up to one and I'd appreciate any info as to how strict they are about the exact counting of days. As it happens, my travel plans have me leaving Thailand again exactly 90 days, or possibly exactly 91 days, into my current stay. Then I'll return in a week. Is there any possibility I will get in trouble for failing to file a 90 day report before leaving? If so what is the trouble?

Thanks for any advice!

TG

It very much depends on when you leave. if you leave on day 90, no need to report. If you leave on day 91 you need to report and can do so by mail.

Late reporting carries a fine, usually 2,000 baht.

- passport

- arrrival card

- old 90 day report slip

especially if it is your first 90 day reprot, also take proof of address with you (utillity bill will do).

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes, it would be my first time going there (unless I travel again before my 90 days is up), so I'll bring a proof of address to be safe, as you suggest. Cheers, Paul

Hi All, I'm over 50 on a non-imm 1 yr. O-A visa. ...

Thanks for any advice!

TG

It very much depends on when you leave. if you leave on day 90, no need to report. If you leave on day 91 you need to report and can do so by mail.

Late reporting carries a fine, usually 2,000 baht.

Thank you. On another string I asked this question but haven't heard back: In Bangkok, which Immigration office do I send the 90 day report to?

Thank you. On another string I asked this question but haven't heard back: In Bangkok, which Immigration office do I send the 90 day report to?

From the immigration website. Needs others to verify as immigration website is not always up to date:

1. Immigration Bureau(Sub-Div.2,Imm.Div.1)
    Chalermprakiat Government Complex
    120,Moo 3,Chaengwattana Road,soi 7
    Thungsonghong,laksi Bangkok 10210

Requirements by mail:

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office
    Notice :
    - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Immigration

- passport

- arrrival card

- old 90 day report slip

especially if it is your first 90 day reprot, also take proof of address with you (utillity bill will do).

Jus to avoid any confusion, you do not need your #3, the old 90 day report slip if you have re-entered the country sometime in the previous 90 days.

On leaving, I have had the immigration officer keep the old slip, hand it back to me, leave it in the passport or throw it in the trash. If you are leaving, it becomes worthless. If handed back to me or left in the passport, I throw it away in the next trash bin a run across while going to my gate.

TH

• Like 1

From the immigration website. Needs others to verify as immigration website is not always up to date:

1. Immigration Bureau(Sub-Div.2,Imm.Div.1)
    Chalermprakiat Government Complex
    120,Moo 3,Chaengwattana Road,soi 7
    Thungsonghong,laksi Bangkok 10210

Thanks!

I think my question has already been answered above but juz to be sure can someone pls comment as I just noticed that I lost the 90 days report paper.

I re-entered Thailand on february 14th using a re-entry permit, I am on a 1 year non-immgrant non O extension of stay that will end in November 2012.

So my 90 days report is due in a few days. Will the re-entry stamp be proof enough or will they let me pay the penalty cuz I lost it when I show up at chaeng watthana?

Cheers,

Basch

You don't need the reciept. Just count 90 days from the 14th of Feb including that day and that is your report date.

The departed and entered Thailand and stamps is what they will look for.

You don't need the reciept. Just count 90 days from the 14th of Feb including that day and that is your report date.

ok good thanks. Tired of paying fees for losing that silly paper...I am pretty sure last time it was removed and not returned at Thai immigration.

ok good thanks. Tired of paying fees for losing that silly paper...I am pretty sure last time it was removed and not returned at Thai immigration.

It probably would help you if you made a copy of that paper and put it in safe place. I think they will accept a copy verses the original.

Jus to avoid any confusion, you do not need your #3, the old 90 day report slip if you have re-entered the country sometime in the previous 90 days.

On leaving, I have had the immigration officer keep the old slip, hand it back to me, leave it in the passport or throw it in the trash. If you are leaving, it becomes worthless. If handed back to me or left in the passport, I throw it away in the next trash bin a run across while going to my gate.

TH

Most useful information for me, thank you very much!