Whole New Model Of Isuzu Mu7

Does anyone know with certainty when it comes a whole new model of Isuzu MU7, when current design is getting a few years old.

The reason I ask is that I even bought me a 2012 model MU7 Choize, and that Isuzu has now momma with a new design on its D-Max pickup.

Would have been nice to get a clarification on this before the new model is coming, so I can prepare myself for a sale of my MU7.

Does anyone know with certainty when it comes a whole new model of Isuzu MU7, when current design is getting a few years old.

The reason I ask is that I even bought me a 2012 model MU7 Choiz, and that Isuzu has now momma with a new design on its D-Max pickup.

Would have been nice to get a clarification on this before the new model is coming, so I can prepare myself for a sale of my MU7.

So... Nobody knows?

MRO latest projection was 'a couple of years', the '2014 model year' - first models to hit the showroom in late 2013. Planning is fluid in this field and with being in LOS

Why do you guys buy a pickup with a caravan on top ? ermm.gif

If you are referring to our beloved MU-7s, I bought mine because it is the most spaciest, has the most comfortable 3rd row seat and its 3.0L engine has the greatest longevity in its class, characteristics all of which are critical in my choice of SUV. It also has a top notch navigation - audio/visual entertainment system, not to mention it's by far the lowest priced SUV.

Sure, a couple of other SUV contenders may have more bells and whistles and better exterior styling, but after upgrading a MU-7 with top notch wheels and tires, shocks and brakes, we suddenly have a customized road-ready, SUV leader.

Edited by luwahn
  • Like 2

The in-laws gave me a MU7... I feel like asking them a similar question

This sounds like a good one.....Please give us all the details! intheclub.gif

Would they like to adopt me ? Please crazy.gif I don't wet the bed and NEVER sing, shit, l always sing if a microphone is present. Guess I'm stuffed eh. sad.png

Edited by transam

Would they like to adopt me ? Please crazy.gif I don't wet the bed and NEVER sing, shit, l always sing if a microphone is present. Guess I'm stuffed eh. sad.png

You actually raise a good point... last time they took us to karaoke, I sang a couple of lady gaga's finest tracks... maybe they got me the truck to try and instill some masculinity in me...

Really, I think they chose it for safety reasons (I have never driven a car anywhere before never mind in Bangkok) so probably makes sense to have a big vehicle in case I crash...

My apologies to the OP for going off-topic... I don't think anyone knows when the next MU7 is being released except a few execs in Tokyo (who are probably not TV members)...

• 3 months later...

@V( what do you know about it ???? you are in the garage for repair all the time !!

I had had Isuzu for 11½ year driving nearly 300.000 KM and had spend 0.00 Baht in repairs !!!!!

I hope the new MU7 have a few new things, automatic air con etc. and a proper navigation as standard.

It is funny that these fantastic American car manufactures not even can make an engine for their own Homwee jeep, it have an Isuzu diesel engine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

@V( what do you know about it ???? you are in the garage for repair all the time !!

I had had Isuzu for 11½ year driving nearly 300.000 KM and had spend 0.00 Baht in repairs !!!!!

I hope the new MU7 have a few new things, automatic air con etc. and a proper navigation as standard.

It is funny that these fantastic American car manufactures not even can make an engine for their own Homwee jeep, it have an Isuzu diesel engine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see the connection in the 2nd paragraph but the 1st & 3rd crazy.gif

I can see the connection in the 2nd paragraph but the 1st & 3rd crazy.gif

Though I can't follow who it is that's '...in the garage for repair all the time !!' - who is he referring to? , but his point that he has driven his Isuzu 11-1/2 years and 300,000 Km w/o having to spend a single baht on Rx speaks volumes! clap2.gif

This year's MU-7 navigation system is sweet. I personally can see why it isn't 'standard': It's a top-notch and technical unit that may not be wanted by a significant segment of the Thai population.

'Auto-air' = automatic climate control?

That is informative that the Humvee has an Isuzu engine.....though not surprising in light of the fact that the Isuzu diesel was selected as Japan's 'national' engine coffee1.gif - One of the main points that sold me on the MU-7! thumbsup.gif

Edited by luwahn

As the MU7 is on the same platform as they DMAX I would assume the MU7 will be on the new platform in the 12 months. If I had to guess, I would guess they will be taking orders at the next Motor Show.

As nice as I like the new highlander I might get an MU7 when it comes out.

As the MU7 is on the same platform as they DMAX I would assume the MU7 will be on the new platform in the 12 months. If I had to guess, I would guess they will be taking orders at the next Motor Show.

As nice as I like the new highlander I might get an MU7 when it comes out.

Isuzu and Chevrolet have a working partnership where Isuzu supply engines to their sister-counterpart models: Dmax-Colorado and MU-7 - All Roader. Beginning with the 2013 model year, (production starting later this year), that relationship is supposed to reverse: Isuzu's new platform MU-7 (RT 50), will be fitted with Chevy diesel engines, (the 2.8 engine in the Trailblazer?)

Being TIT, floods, tsunami and world recession, the proposed production schedule has been set back. According to Isuzu sales people, they say, 'No new MU-7 next year, (model year 2013)'.

I had originally hoped to have the luxury of viewing the 'new' MU-7 this year and being able to choose between it (for any component additions or improved color selection) and the current MU-7 (which suits my overall needs), but because of the model production upgrade schedule set back, I ended up buying the 2012 MU-7 model.

I can’t imagine the Isuzu sales people would be privy to any non public information. That coupled with the fact that they still need to sell the existing model makes anything they say suspect.

The Trailblazer is being delivered, so if the MU7 is just a re-badge it should not be too far out. I believe the PJS and the Fortuna are both due for an upgrade, and the sooner Isuzu ca roll the MU7 out, the more chance they have of grabbing some of the market share. If I have to wait 2 years to see the MU7, I might as well wait and see the other new offerings.

The new Everest should be a good looking unit (if they don’t sissify it) and it should be out in the next year as well.

• 8 months later...

I have a 2005 MU7 (the model just before Gold came out). 8 years old and still runs like a charm but now want to trade her in for a new MU7. I sent an email to Isuzu Corporate Strategy Office / Corporate Relations Office asking the question about when the next new MU7 model was coming out. She replied saying she had no information yet about a MU7 model change. That was this past December 2012.

More recently, at the Impact Motor Show last month I asked one of the sales staff at the Isuzu exhibit when was the next model coming out. She said next year. Cant find anything on the web about this however.

The new MU-7 will appear next year, along with a big minor change of the D-Max (introducing the Euro spec twin turbo diesel engine).

No exact timing yet - the Isuzu launches will be strategically timed against the launch plans of the new Hilux, Triton and Navara.

Interesting report here: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/55541/2014-isuzu-d-max-suv-unique-design-cleaner-diesel-engine suggesting the new MU7 will be more than a badge and engine swap on a Trailblazer (Colorado 7 in Australia). Mmm, time will tell.

The Twin Turbo 2,5L engine appears to be primarily about lower exhaust emissions, particularly Euro 5. So far Isuzu seem content to leave the older 3.0L VGS engine in markets requiring Euro 4 or less. Thailand has only just adopted Euro 4 in 2012, does anyone know when Thailand is likely to require Euro 5 ?

The new MU-7 will appear next year, along with a big minor change of the D-Max (introducing the Euro spec twin turbo diesel engine).

No exact timing yet - the Isuzu launches will be strategically timed against the launch plans of the new Hilux, Triton and Navara.

Does this mean the end for the Isuzu World Famous CLACKER Motor.Like chalk on a blackboard to my ears.clap2.gif

Interesting report here: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/55541/2014-isuzu-d-max-suv-unique-design-cleaner-diesel-engine suggesting the new MU7 will be more than a badge and engine swap on a Trailblazer (Colorado 7 in Australia). Mmm, time will tell.

The Twin Turbo 2,5L engine appears to be primarily about lower exhaust emissions, particularly Euro 5. So far Isuzu seem content to leave the older 3.0L VGS engine in markets requiring Euro 4 or less. Thailand has only just adopted Euro 4 in 2012, does anyone know when Thailand is likely to require Euro 5 ?

That report fits what we're hearing too - the new MU-7 will be an Isuzu creation - with only some interior bits shared with the TB/Colorado/Dmax.

The twin-turbo 2.5L is all but confirmed for he Thai market next year. The 3.0L will be retired as the 2.5 TT matches/beats it anyway, but the existing lower HP 2.5's will continue on to service the bottom-end D-max models.

As for Euro5 in TH *shrug* - maybe when ROW mandates Euro7? tongue.png - even then it'l likely be a watered down version of the spec, as is the case for TH Euro4...

Edited by IMHO

Does this mean the end for the Isuzu World Famous CLACKER Motor.Like chalk on a blackboard to my ears.clap2.gif

The 2.5L TT is an evolution of the current 2.5L lump - it has some improvements to NVH, but don't expect it to compete against a European diesel...

Perhaps IMHO you could tell us why. My Sons Trailblazer sounds like a Bag O Spanners in a Tumble Dryer.New motor my arse,sounds like all Isuzus to me.Why do we get old crap here.?. The Rangers just a 38Y.O. P100.Ford basicaly.You cant hear the Italian Motors why not use them.?.

Perhaps IMHO you could tell us why. My Sons Trailblazer sounds like a Bag O Spanners in a Tumble Dryer.New motor my arse,sounds like all Isuzus to me.Why do we get old crap here.?. The Rangers just a 38Y.O. P100.Ford basicaly.You cant hear the Italian Motors why not use them.?.

The engines in the current Colorado/Trailblazer are only ~3yo VM Motori designs (not Isuzu), so no real excuses other than cheap to manufacture.

You're right though, that "Chev" 2.8L could easily be a Kubota.

Talking only last week to a Thai friend in the Motor Trade, [isuzu] he says' the hold up on the new MU-7 is the engine.......... he say's the idea was to use the 2,8 Chevy engine, but it is now wait and see, as the 2,8 engine is the biggest let down....... to him the new Ford engine and the D4D Toyota engine's are far better even if slower..

Talking only last week to a Thai friend in the Motor Trade, [isuzu] he says' the hold up on the new MU-7 is the engine.......... he say's the idea was to use the 2,8 Chevy engine, but it is now wait and see, as the 2,8 engine is the biggest let down....... to him the new Ford engine and the D4D Toyota engine's are far better even if slower..

Yep, our sources say waiting for domestic intro of the 2.5L twin turbo.

One of the main reasons I went for the MU7 was because of the engine. At the 2005 Motor Show, I test drove the Ford Everest and found it way underpowered and very sluggish. Then I test drove the MU7 and burned rubber from a stand still. I was impressed and went for MU7 . Even an offer from the Everest salesman of a 150K discount couldn't sway me. I hope they put the twin turbo 2.5L in the MU7 next year, sounds like a good engine.

One thing that bugs me is in Thailand they don't have any accessories and options for new vehicles like you can get in America and Canada when ordering a new vehicle where cars are on average 40-50% cheaper too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...