Ping Pong Show Vendors. What'S The Scam?

sharky1

Do not know what Pat-Pong is like nowadays, had a bad experience nearly 20 years ago, went in a bar, rather pushed in by the touts (with the menu cards), no cover charge, etc.

Only one in there, nothing exciting, four pushy ladies, had one drink and got presented with a bill for 3K, as soon complain some guy with a base ball bat came over to make certain I paid.

Went to the tourist police, it just happened to be a very unlucky day for Mr Baseball Bat and Co, not only did I get my money back but they were closed down for 5 days, seems some top brass from the local constabulary was around with a Japanese TV documentary team.

The touts pulling you in will tell you no cover charge or drinks 100Bt.

When you want to leave the premises, they present you with an inflated bill, claiming they don't know the touts. Expect threats, intimidation and violence if you resist.

These places have been run by the Police for over 20 years.

http://pulitzercenter.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834520a2e69e20120a4fd178c970b-800wi

Edited by pauljones

Do not know what Pat-Pong is like nowadays, had a bad experience nearly 20 years ago, went in a bar, rather pushed in by the touts (with the menu cards), no cover charge, etc.

Only one in there, nothing exciting, four pushy ladies, had one drink and got presented with a bill for 3K, as soon complain some guy with a base ball bat came over to make certain I paid.

Went to the tourist police, it just happened to be a very unlucky day for Mr Baseball Bat and Co, not only did I get my money back but they were closed down for 5 days, seems some top brass from the local constabulary was around with a Japanese TV documentary team.

LOL, had a similar experience many years ago, the girl I had with me made so much of a stink to the bouncer that they let us go without paying laugh.png

From what I understand the touts take you to a bar and you pay 200-500 baht entry fee (depending on your negotiating skills). For that you get a "free" drink. The touts tend to target Indian and Russian tourists who are obviously newbies.

The thing is you can go into the exact same bar by yourself, not pay an entrance fee (just tell the doorman you're not paying), and buy a beer at the normal price (65 baht).

I think the inflated bill scam is only confined to Patpong - never come across it in Pattaya.

why would they scam us???? arent they afraid we might bite their ears off if they start throwing fists???

hows the spec of the dudes threating u??? are they like really bodybuilder type buff and do they come in a wolf pack???

if one group, say 3 martial artist type peeps are really in a mood for a fight and sctually fight with these bastards, police, tourist police will be on our side yeah?

cuz the menu says 100 baht a beer, and was not told about entrance fee etc... what ya reckon????

went in one near the walking st end of soi diamond couple of trips ago without the touts and without paying at the door. upstairs bar lots of tourists a bit on the dark side. nothing special not overly expensive but had to pay for the bottled beer when it turned up rather than later. i guess the tout customers pay before entry for a drink included with the entrance fee.

i

I think the inflated bill scam is only confined to Patpong - never come across it in Pattaya.

You should try the russian agogo just before Marine Disco

I've been there many times as I live here(the blonde Ukrainians are stunningwub.png) . Sometimes you get what you pay for so couldn't really call it a scam.