Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Submitted mine today, really pissed of cos they have all the information they just need to look , they didn't even ask me for the period November to February, just 6 months before the application date. They not phoned her just sent email. So spent 4 hours to day printing off and faxing information they already have, we'll except for my p60 ,so hoping for next week, I go back Saturday so I just know it will be the Monday after lol

Regarding the Embassy's requests for further documents, some, it seems, 3 months after the application was submitted, I don't think that they are legally entitled to do this. This is my opinion only, but anyone in this position should request the UKBA to explain why they are asking for up to date documents. The immigration rules refer to documents being valid at the date of application only. They cannot be more than a month old at the date of application, of course. See this :

1(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK, all of the following evidence must be provided:

(a) Wage slips covering:

(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13( a of this Appendix does not apply); or

(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

( b A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;

(ii) the length of their employment;

(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

( c ) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

Tony M

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Hi Tony,

Very interesting - I presmued they have asked for an addtional 3 month wage slips as I started my new job only 2.5 months before the application. Not sure if they always do this? Annoying, I could have applied 3 months earlier if i'd known this (As I've had 2 jobs last year I've had to wait almost a year before applying).

Hi Tony,

Very interesting - I presmued they have asked for an addtional 3 month wage slips as I started my new job only 2.5 months before the application. Not sure if they always do this? Annoying, I could have applied 3 months earlier if i'd known this (As I've had 2 jobs last year I've had to wait almost a year before applying).

You can still meet the requirement even if you have been in a job for less than 6 months, or had a couple of jobs. You only have to show ( basically) that your current job will give you a gross annual income of 18,600 GBP, and that you have earned a total 18,600 GBP over the previous 12 months.

As I advised earlier, I would ask UKBA in Bangkok why they have asked for more documents as the law seems to indicate that they should consider the application on documention only only up to the date of application. I'm sure many here would like to know the correct answer to that.

Tony M

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress
  • Like 1

Got decision 30 mins ago 20 mins after sending email asking for confirmation of receiving additional documents, 2day wait in village now for post lol

Hi Neil, The wait....this is the worse bit!!! Sounds like they just wanted to check something sure it will be a yes and that will be hatrick. My wife got her passport this morning with a nice visa in it :-). Worth the wait in the end! Best of luck and let us know how you get on. Greg

PS Thanks to everone involved in admin and posting on Thai Visa Forum its such a great help.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning to return to the UK, plus making a settlement visa application for my wife.

I have a job offer (to start in August) with over the threshold income (£18600) but my income here in Thailand is below (£12000 last 4 years). Can I include my wife's income in the application? If so then that will take it above this threshold for the last 12 months.

I'm not sure as the documents from UKBA guidelines seem to say that the applicant should be in the UK with permission to work which I find a bit confusing as the applicant is the person who is applyinf for the visa, e.g.

Immigration directorate instructions, Annex FM Section 1.7 states:

5.2.5 The gross salaried employment income of the applicant’s partner (in the UK or
overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work);

Has anyone combined their current income with their partner's income (the application) for a UK settlement visa application?

Also our son should be a UK citizen, although I haven't got his passport yet - can I get it at the same time as my wife's visa (I know different process)?

Thank you!

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning to return to the UK, plus making a settlement visa application for my wife.

I have a job offer (to start in August) with over the threshold income (£18600) but my income here in Thailand is below (£12000 last 4 years). Can I include my wife's income in the application? If so then that will take it above this threshold for the last 12 months.

I'm not sure as the documents from UKBA guidelines seem to say that the applicant should be in the UK with permission to work which I find a bit confusing as the applicant is the person who is applyinf for the visa, e.g.

Immigration directorate instructions, Annex FM Section 1.7 states:

5.2.5 The gross salaried employment income of the applicant’s partner (in the UK or

overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work);

Has anyone combined their current income with their partner's income (the application) for a UK settlement visa application?

Also our son should be a UK citizen, although I haven't got his passport yet - can I get it at the same time as my wife's visa (I know different process)?

Thank you!

This really needs to be a new thread, and may be moved by the moderator.

The answer to your question is " no". Only your income will be taken into account. The section of Appendix FM that you refer to is for applicants and sponsors who are in the UK and are applying for Further Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain. At the entry clearance stage only your income is considered.

Unfortunately, it looks like you will have to return to the UK and work in the new job for at least six months, unless you have savings of more than 62,500 GBP. You can also use income from property rental or pensions to qualify, if you have them. If your wife has an income in Thailand that is not from employment, then that could possibly be taken into account also ( for instance, from property rental income or land rental income).

It would be best to get your son's British passport before you submit an application for your wife as you will need to include his details ( nationality and passport number in your wife's application).

, I would not count on it all, the last 3 settlements visas, which came this week took 14-16 weeks, UK Border have posted they are taking longer and that also yours will fall over Easter, sangkran period but best of luck, tell her she can have 2nd birthday when she come lol

, I would not count on it all, the last 3 settlements visas, which came this week took 14-16 weeks, UK Border have posted they are taking longer and that also yours will fall over Easter, sangkran period but best of luck, tell her she can have 2nd birthday when she come lol

yes i know mate, the chances of getting it for her birthday are slim to none! we are both expecting around 15 weeks. means it will land when im not working as long hours so its ok. the waiting is going to be killer, specially when you dont even know if its a yes or no!

We get visa this morning both gf and her son, after she tracked it all night and we camped outside local post office this morning, lol. Ok flights booked for tomorrow, home for Sunday dinner, good luck everyone, who is waiting, anybody need any help just shout .

• Like 1

Applied on 13 December & just been told a decision was made yesterday (8 March) which is 12 weeks & 1 day after our application was made. Think we've got to wait an agonising 2 working days however to go pick up the documentation to find out the decision so won't know till Tuesday.

@LynnDe

I wouldn't be too concerned, if they were of a mind to refuse, they would have done so.

They probably just want clarification of a point, you should be able to judge from what they asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Lynnde, they have asked us all for additional information, usually 2 week before visa is granted if you can get it back to them fast, think they do it to justify the huge price they charge us lol

Edited by neilk

• 2 weeks later...

Partner got her Visa today. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help that they have given ver the years. Especially the Moderators.

Hi gerry67

6th of December till the 31st Mar , that seems like an awful long time to wait , is that normal time you would have to wait ?

16 weeks , i was expecting 8 to 10 weeks but if its as long as that im wondering how it can possibly take so long ?

UKBA aim for not over 15 weeks. So take the bank holidays into consideration then this is within their target. However something like 85% of decisions are made within 12 weeks. A friend of ours got her decision on friday after submitting on the 16th of Jan. Our application is in now. So looking at 16 weeks also, with easter and songkran taken into account. Not building my hopes up for 12 weeks as the suspense would drive the missus and me crazy. Don't know about you guys?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app