Air Asia Not Too Good.

I find Air Asia very professional. I regularly fly KL - BKK. They operate tighter turn-arounds, and so suffer more delays, particularly on the later flights in the day, which is frustrating, if for example, you are rushing to get to the gogo bars before closing from the last flight.

I get frustrated with most airline web sites not being able to give me a straight quote early in the proceedings, which makes it very difficult to shop around; Air Asia are perhaps worse than most for this, since you can choose to forego the baggage allowance and in-flight meal to save money. However, it remains the case that I book my tickets based on destination and timetable; I don't actually find Air Asia necessarily the cheapest, but they have a flight at a time I want to the place I want to go.

I think there's only one air line I would rate as "too good", and that's Cathay Pacific. Singapore Airlines especially, and Emirates come close, but (in my experience) their reliability has put them a tier below CX.

SC

Second vote for me with CX. And they have direct flights to both Singapore and HK which are my two main business routes.

Also used Air Asia a lot over the years, the last delay over an hour was in Don Muang. Their regular 700 baht domestic promotions are usually the best value as well. To not use them because you can't work out an additional 10% for the additional fees smacks of retardation if you ask me.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part about the male cabin crew being heterosexual and flirting with Thai ladies during the flight is unbelievable, so this invalidates your story.

I have flown with Air Asia over 50 times in the past 6 years to over a dozen destinations, and I've never had a major complaint. Small delays of a few minutes sometimes occur, and the airline itself is often not to blame for this. Overall, I'm 99% satisfied with Air Asia's service. I fly with them whenever possible. They fully deserve the award of Airline of the Year that they've won 5 times so far, and will probably win again in 2012.

Air Asia is one of the safest airlines in the skies. In over 10 years flying, they have never had a fatal accident or even an incident (non-fatal anomaly). If you don't believe me, check their Wikipedia entry. Very few airlines flying that long have operated without even one anomalous incident resulting in passenger injury or plane damage. Air Asia actually has the youngest plane fleet of any airline in the world. Therefore, I am and will remain totally confident in flying with them. It's not difficult at all to remove unwanted additional fees like insurance and hot seat allocation. Air Asia is a great airline, it is in fact expanding faster than any other airline in the world, has the lowest per-mile operating cost and the fastest aircraft turnaround, and in my opinion fully deserves the outstanding success it has achieved so far. Other low-cost airlines would be well advised to take note of Air Asia's business and operations model!

You make many good points, and I too have flown with AirAsia many times in the past, and the experience was always quite OK.

But the attitude of the gate staff in Bangkok has changed for the worse.

I've also experienced the delay in departure and no announcements made. In fact a few weeks back it was past the departure time, no announcement about anything, went to the desk and asked what's happening, departure staff busy chatting and playing with their phones, made it very clear that I was a nuisance.

One girl said, with no eye contact and no attempt at politnesss: 'Boarding soon', and got on with chatting with her freinds.

I asked further 'are you going to make an announcement, maybe the passengers want to go and get drinks or something?'

Response, with no eye contact 'we are not allowed to make announcements' and got on with her chatting with her friends.

At the same time a second passenger (an older Thai lady) came to the departure desk and asked the same question ' are you going to make an announcment....?' Another staff girl (who hadn't heard the first reply), said 'we have to wait for the captain to say it's OK to make an announcment', and got on with her chatting.

Passenger said 'Well, have you asked the captain?' reply 'no. it's not polite for us to ask the captain' and got on with her chatting and texting.

Older Thai lady gave the girl a blast about politeness, which was a waste of time, the departure girl was already busy with her texting and was ignoring the old lady.

Edited by scorecard

They aren't really interested in feedback complaints from customers. Delays all the time never informing passengers why, I flew BKK KL recently , we are all sat in our seats ready for take off 10 minutes before schedule and then ..No movement, waiting 30 minutes, as it turns out for late passengers, No explaination why the captain decides to delay flight for them,

If you find a link for email customer service /complaints it s just an automated "thank you for your feedback " message,

Clearly AA attitude is , we are a popular airline and cheap so we dont need to provide a good service. It needs another big airline across Asia to compete with them on budget and routes, surprised a major Asian/ Chinese airline isnt doing so , Lets hope some company does,

Edited by KKvampire

They aren't really interested in feedback complaints from customers. Delays all the time never informing passengers why, I flew BKK KL recently , we are all sat in our seats ready for take off 10 minutes before schedule and then ..No movement, waiting 30 minutes, as it turns out for late passengers, No explaination why the captain decides to delay flight for them,

If you find a link for email customer service /complaints it s just an automated "thank you for your feedback " message,

Clearly AA attitude is , we are a popular airline and cheap so we dont need to provide a good service. It needs another big airline across Asia to compete with them on budget and routes, surprised a major Asian/ Chinese airline isnt doing so , Lets hope some company does,

You've mentioned the one thing that annoys me more than anything else when flying. Delaying the flight for late passengers really gets up my nose as they should be left behind if they can't get their ass in gear like everyone else on the plane. Holding up between 150 and 400 people seems to be a hobby for some of these prats. Yes; I know anyone can be delayed for reasons they cannot help but this happens too often for that to be the regular reason. If you can't get to the gate on time you should expect to be left behind....period.

• Like 1

You've mentioned the one thing that annoys me more than anything else when flying. Delaying the flight for late passengers really gets up my nose as they should be left behind if they can't get their ass in gear like everyone else on the plane. Holding up between 150 and 400 people seems to be a hobby for some of these prats. Yes; I know anyone can be delayed for reasons they cannot help but this happens too often for that to be the regular reason. If you can't get to the gate on time you should expect to be left behind....period.

Unfortunately they have to unload the missing passengers' baggage as well, out of bomb fear. And the baggage is not neatly stowed in separate lockers... so normally its quicker just to wait for the errant passengers. Air Asia probably don't run with the handling crews to be unloading and reloading luggage

SC

It's easy to tell if the flight will be delayed, just look out of the window and if the 'plane aint there you aint getting on it.

True, but some of us has a slightly more busy schedule than you beggars, and would sometimes like to know if we should start arrange for alternative transportation.

;-)

Unfortunately they have to unload the missing passengers' baggage as well, out of bomb fear. And the baggage is not neatly stowed in separate lockers... so normally its quicker just to wait for the errant passengers. Air Asia probably don't run with the handling crews to be unloading and reloading luggage

SC

The amount of security baggage goes through these days is it really through fear of any bomb? There should be a rule in terms and conditions about late passengers (who cant read their boarding cards that state the last time for boarding)

(i)If a passenger fails to get to the gate of a flight on the time stipulated on the boarding card they have to purchase another ticket to the destination or wait up to 72 hours to reclaim the baggage.

Maybe it is in the small print of some airlines T&Cs

Edited by KKvampire

SC

The amount of security baggage goes through these days is it really through fear of any bomb? There should be a rule in terms and conditions about late passengers (who cant read their boarding cards that state the last time for boarding)

(i)If a passenger fails to get to the gate of a flight on the time stipulated on the boarding card they have to purchase another ticket to the destination or wait up to 72 hours to reclaim the baggage.

Maybe it is in the small print of some airlines T&Cs

I've got a better idea; just fine the gits by doubling what they paid right there and then and if they refuse to pay chuck them off the flight !

It's easy to tell if the flight will be delayed, just look out of the window and if the 'plane aint there you aint getting on it.

Brilliant..but some think they need Rocket Science..to do just that..cool.png

Time to reprise my Air Asia video on TVF once again...

[media=]

[/media]

Seems some folk fly AA for the ogling. Not the service

I fly for the destination and the timetable.

If another airline could get me home after work, I'd consider them as an alternative.

As it is, Air Asia has, on every occasion asked, got me home after work, albeit sometimes an hour or so late.

Traffic, I think.

SC

I believe that most airlines started doing this after the Lockerbie bombing. When they started doing that, I remembered a flight that I took from Taipei, Republic of China to Korea in 1979 (long before Lockerbie). The staff checked passenger's baggage at the airport just like normal and then had us get on a bus. The bus took us out to the aircraft and we got off the bus. Security staff had us form two lines, one male and one female. Then we all underwent a "pat-down" search. After the pat-down, you went over to a long line of luggage that had been unloaded from a truck. You had to point out your luggage and then it was loaded on the aircraft. Then you immediately walked up the stairway and boaded the aircraft. And if you felt inclined to cause any trouble about any of this, there were two soldiers with submachine-guns standing there. They looked as if they took their job very seriously!

All of this was about nine years before the Lockerbie bombing!

I believe that most airlines started doing this after the Lockerbie bombing. When they started doing that, I remembered a flight that I took from Taipei, Republic of China to Korea in 1979 (long before Lockerbie). The staff checked passenger's baggage at the airport just like normal and then had us get on a bus. The bus took us out to the aircraft and we got off the bus. Security staff had us form two lines, one male and one female. Then we all underwent a "pat-down" search. After the pat-down, you went over to a long line of luggage that had been unloaded from a truck. You had to point out your luggage and then it was loaded on the aircraft. Then you immediately walked up the stairway and boaded the aircraft. And if you felt inclined to cause any trouble about any of this, there were two soldiers with submachine-guns standing there. They looked as if they took their job very seriously!

All of this was about nine years before the Lockerbie bombing!

They were doing the same in Dubai in 1974.

they are a cheapo airline not a quality airline.....

Fly Malaysian Air or Thai Air if you want quality....

I always thought all the male cabin staff are gay.....

Guess the op should be happy they were not. biggrin.png

Edited by Semper

Guess the op should be happy they were not. biggrin.png

Kind of weird stereotyping, that all male cabin crew are gay.

Same as all males (many of you here on TV) that like a Kateoy is at least bi-sexual and enjoy the occasional gay sex?

Air Asia are cheap and nasty, I hate the new navigation of their site and all the "tricks & addons" I want to see the real price from the get go - I believe they even charge 100 baht now at the check in if you have not done it online - I happily pay more and travel with decent airlines. I wont use them again unless it is absolutely unavoidable - I have used them for years annd used to like them but no more.

Could not agree more, use to fly with them but service, cost and addons put paid to that. One airline I will avoid for ever.

After my last AA flight, I asked (complained) them on their (public) Facebook page, why I had to pay for my small unaccompanied baggage of 10kg, when I had just seen 2 guys on the flight get on the aircraft with TWO huge suitcases EACH which were so heavy they needed two people to lift into the overhead lockers - for free?

They told me in no uncertain terms that AA stringently check and weigh EVERY passengers hand luggage before they are allowed carry-on baggage.

I informed them that if that was the case - I wouldn't be writing what I was currently writing; and actually what they were telling me is untrue as in my dozens and dozens of flights with AA - nobody had EVER checked my hand luggage. I was trying to be compliant though with their 7kg limit and paid up-front - to avoid any confrontation at check-in. What a fool I was.

AA - the best liars in the business ?

What started as a good idea of a budget airline has seen more and more stealth ad-ons and misleading statements and trickery and as always - if it seems too good to be true - then it probably is !

H90, the word is Homosexual, not Gay, and this quote is not being Homophobic, just the truth.