Which Suv

dazk

...and to throw in a couple of "Exotics" available in Thailand: 1) Hyundai Tucson with benzine and diesel (preferred) engine. Google Hyundai ix35 to get test results (it only keep the Tucson name in Thailand or maybe other Asian countries, but not Europe)...price between 1.6-1.8m...and surely pretty poor resale value ;)

2) Ssangyong Korando also with a 2.0 Diesel engine at around 1.6m, nicely styled...but again poor resale.

Never considered Ssangyong and Hyundai exotic, maybe uncommon would be a better description. I would be interested to hear about Ssangyong from an owner. A few years ago they made some of the ugliest cars on the market but recently models like the Korando and Kyron show some promise. In Thailand though, service support and difficult resale would be a worry. I considered a Ssangyong Kyron last year after Ssangyong offered pretty attractive pricing, but they could not even produce one to look at or test drive for 3 or 4 months. The next shipment was always due "soon".

Subaru Forester and Suzuki Vitara could also be considered if you want something smaller. Maybe more options next year. MRO had a post "New Cars For 2012 And Beyond" a while ago estimating the Ford Escape and Everest replacements, Mazda CX5 and Subaru XV early 2013.

whats the interior like on the pajero is it a bit less plastic than the toyota and is the ride truck like

I find the ride and handling pretty simlar in both of them. The main difference I find is that the interior of the Fortuner has barely been seriously updated since they came out in 2004 so the PJS is just more modern, I think a nicer (less plasticy) finish, and has some more up to date features. The other main differnce I find is the versatility of the interier including the seating with everything sliding and folding easier than in the Fortuner, which I find helpful as we use all 3 rows of the seating very often. Best to go and have a look for youself to see what you think, but for me at least I find the PJS interior a long way ahead of the Toyota but neither of them are Bentleys!!

The only area which I had some preference for the Fortuner is that I think the engine is a little smoother and quieter (but less powerful), but to honest I don't find this a major issue with the PJS.

Definitely worth considering and having a look, as if you don't need 4WD you can get the 2WD GT for less that 1.2 mill and for that you get all the gadgets and functions that you have to pay 1.4 mill or more for in other models. I found that to be a good deal.

I have not looked at the Trailblazer but from what I can see to get most of the features you need to go at least to the 2.8 4WD LTZ model, so once again in the 1.4 mill range. Personally I am not a great fan of the styling anyway but that is just my opionion.

A Mercedes interior has basically remained the same for yonks, find a good ''not in your face'' set up and stick with it. IF you want flashing thingy's then that stuff is out there but Toyota got it right the first time as did Mercs. smile.png

+1