Higher Food Prices Expected At This Time Of Year: Thai Finance Minister Kittiratt

Higher food prices expected at this time of year: Kittiratt

The Nation

30181540-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong says higher food prices are expected around this time of year, but it's still possible to afford a good meal. To prove his point, he had lunch yesterday in the Parliament dining room with Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit and three others.

The cheque came to Bt150 for all five people - Kittiratt, Yongyuth and his family. The simple meal included soup and fried fish. They even had room for dessert.

Responding to complaints about skyrocketing prices, Kittiratt conceded that food costs are indeed higher, but it's because of the seasonal heat wave. Such increases are expected around this time every year, he said, and compared to a year ago, prices are about the same.

"Some goods, such as fruit, are naturally more expensive at this time of year. We have to accept the fact that farmers need to sell their products at this price," Kittiratt said.

He said he's been checking the prices in stores and he doesn't feel that costs have risen too high.

"I don't believe there will be a big problem with expensive goods. The economy will get better and people will have more income. The government is now working hard to keep prices reasonable for both producers and consumers," Kittiratt said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-09

Funny he mentions fruit prices being higher this time of year, doesn't seem to be true here in Chiang Mai, mango is 20 baht a kilo,

lychee, 3 k. for 100, mangsteen 20 baht, vegetables also cheap. Everything else has gone up though.

Is this a joke. I seriously doubt anywhere in Thailand 5 people can eat for Baht 150 in an air conditioned restaurant. It must be subsidised. I just read elsewhere that Yingluck is planning on freezing prices as she now admits they have gone up.

To prove his point, he had lunch yesterday in the Parliament dining room with Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit and three others.

Can the rest of the population join you in the very cosy and heavily subsidised Parliament dining room please, I'm sure they would be very grateful.

Step outside in to the real world you buffoon, maybe then you may stop believing the crap you spout constantly.

• Like 1

Is this a joke. I seriously doubt anywhere in Thailand 5 people can eat for Baht 150 in an air conditioned restaurant. It must be subsidised. I just read elsewhere that Yingluck is planning on freezing prices as she now admits they have gone up.

He should have made his lie at least 200 Baht so we can have doubts.

Stand by for "The Big Freeze".

Funny he mentions fruit prices being higher this time of year, doesn't seem to be true here in Chiang Mai, mango is 20 baht a kilo,

lychee, 3 k. for 100, mangsteen 20 baht, vegetables also cheap. Everything else has gone up though.

Shhhhhh....

You are not suppose to report the cheap stuff.

It only make you look cheap.

Want to buy a Blubbery boot?

The contradiction so suddenly following yesterday's announcement by his so called boss, the pm, is astonishing. They believe the readership and population to be partially evolved vegetables. The newspaper should stand to justify its lack of examination of this preposterous contradiction.

To prove his point, he had lunch yesterday in the Parliament dining room with Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit and three others.

Can the rest of the population join you in the very cosy and heavily subsidised Parliament dining room please, I'm sure they would be very grateful.

Step outside in to the real world you buffoon, maybe then you may stop believing the crap you spout constantly.

I am sure all of the people in my village and the others around would love to eat there.

After all it is ony about 60% of their daily wage.

He looks like he has a fag in his hand.

Going by the wide-eyed expression on his face, I'd say the only fag is under the table and with finger in air, he is about to ask the waiter if this is included in the set price or if this after meal treat will be added to the check-bin.

yong.jpg

poor yongyuth... every time there's talk of them being out-of-touch hi-so elite, he has to go trudging off to some governmental food court and sample the peasant food.

Last time, with Yingluck, to stop rumors of extravagant lunches.... he nearly puked on the wretched bile his voters consume.

PM Yingluck Enjoys House Canteen To To Quash 'Bt200.000 A Meal' Rumours

http://www.thaivisa....a-meal-rumours/

hurl.jpg

sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Funny, seems he even has a designated outfit (top-of-the-line fine Thai silk white jacket) for the occasions to show off what a regular guy he is by mixing with the great unwashed at canteens. ermm.gif

Edited by Buchholz

I don't believe there will be a big problem with expensive goods

Agreed. For these guys, I don't imagine there is a big problem with expensive goods.... :ermm:<_<

Cabinet members with combined net worth of Bt4.7 billion

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-28