Where Can I Find Info On A Business?

Would have thought in this day and age, if a bussiness was not googlable it would not be much of a business. Same for phone numbers, if it's a mobile number, but no land line, not worth talking to. Jim

that might apply to the rest of the world ,but not so much for thailand

plenty of businesses here dont even have a website or any intention of building one

esp condos and aprtment buildings but also auto repair shops ,restaurants and many other businesss run by thais

to service other thais

a lot of places operate on word of mouth / commision

etc if you need something ,go outside and ask a mo-cyc taxi

he wil either go and get it for you ,or take you to the place that has it for a small fee or maybe even free if he knows the business owner

will pay him some commision for bringing you there to make it worth is while

• Like 1

Would have thought in this day and age, if a bussiness was not googlable it would not be much of a business. Same for phone numbers, if it's a mobile number, but no land line, not worth talking to. Jim

that might apply to the rest of the world ,but not so much for thailand

plenty of businesses here dont even have a website or any intention of building one

esp condos and aprtment buildings but also auto repair shops ,restaurants and many other businesss run by thais

to service other thais

a lot of places operate on word of mouth / commision

etc if you need something ,go outside and ask a mo-cyc taxi

he wil either go and get it for you ,or take you to the place that has it for a small fee or maybe even free if he knows the business owner

will pay him some commision for bringing you there to make it worth is while

Very correct if you are talking a small local shop etc, but think the OP is talking about a some sort of trading company and most will have some web exposure. I have a Thai company and don't have a web site, but there is no need as we don't trade on the open market. Jim

If you go to http://www.dbd.go.th/corpsearch_test/main.phtml and select "Begin with" - and then enter the first part of a company name (must be longer than first letter), and then hit "Search", you will get a listing of "all" Thai companies that start with those letters.

The results who you the year of incorporation, the full company name, the registered head office address, and the company status.

But - some small percentage of companies do not show up. And - you my have to screen through 600 company names, 25 at a time.

By the way, the search method using the "Exact" selection does not work at all.

Full company registration affidavit (record) and list of shareholders (form Bor Or Jor 5) can be obtained (in Thai language) from Ministry of Commerce, as can all audited financial reports for previous years.

My company gathers and translates such information as part of our business. I can supply more info in response to a PM.

Cheers!

SS

Indo-Siam

• Like 1