Thailand Needs Cricket

Any problems in Thailand that can't be fixed by cricket?...

Brit1984: Perhaps you should run a column in one of the wider-circulation newspapers, inviting people to write in regarding their problems, and you could show how cricket could alleviate their woes.

SC

TV Cricket

Know your knees,

Love your knees

In the absence of an editor with the courage and fortitude to publish such a column, perhaps we could extract woeful and tragic tales from other journals, or even from other pages of this very forum, and show how cricketal remedies could best be effected.

Necronx99, for example, is having trouble undecanting spirits. In the absence of an undecanter, perhaps you could cast your telephoto lens on his missive of misery.

Edited by StreetCowboy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

The only problem in Thailand caused by cricket will be the fact that, there is no problems in Thailand caused by cricket, due to cricket solving all problems caused by no cricket in Thailand......understand Boss.......smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

The only problem in Thailand caused by cricket will be the fact that, there is no problems in Thailand caused by cricket, due to cricket solving all problems caused by no cricket in Thailand......understand Boss.......smile.png

There'll be no fixing round here.

Save that sort of talk for the Pakistanis of this world...

SC

TV Cricket

Let's keep it clean

- for the cheerleaders' sake

EDIT: I know what you're going to say - "Surely we could fix a couple of little problems"; but its the thin edge of the wedgie... First a couple of problems, then a fuseboard, an air conditioning unit, maybe a zippo lighter and then, when you've no fuel for that, you start on the matches. Best not to let that djinn out the bottle in the first place; as I posted on Necronx99's thread, its easier to get a Tiger back in the can (or back in the tap, as appropriate) than to get a djinn back in its bottle. Especially if you've lost your bottle.

Edited by StreetCowboy

May I interject, that was some performance by Best for the Windies yesterday. I first got into cricket in the late '70s and we all know the Windies were superb then.

We need them back, World cricket would be stronger for it.

SC

TV Cricket

Let's keep it clean

EDIT: I know what you're going to say - "Surely we could fix a couple of little problems"; but its the thin edge of the wedgie... First a couple of problems, then a fuseboard, an air conditioning unit, maybe a zippo lighter and then, when you've no fuel for that, you start on the matches. Best not to let that djinn out the bottle in the first place; as I posted on Necronx99's thread, its easier to get a Tiger back in the can (or back in the tap, as appropriate) than to get a djinn back in its bottle. Especially if you've lost your bottle.

hmmmm hmmmm tiger in a can....here it is an elephant.

May I interject, that was some performance by Best for the Windies yesterday. I first got into cricket in the late '70s and we all know the Windies were superb then.

How tragic is it to see West Indies cricket languishing in the doldrums.

The days of domination in the 1980s, with the swagger of Vivian Richards, the class of Gordon Greenidge and Desmond Haynes and the fearsome fast bowling battery that included Joel Garner, Malcolm Marshall, Michael Holding and Colin Croft seem like a distant memory.

post-104736-0-50031800-1339399171_thumb.

Richards remains troubled by the decline of West Indian cricket

SC

TV Cricket

Let's keep it clean

There we go....another problem to solve....teaching Thais how, not to lose there bottle because, if they do, they wont be able to get their " djinn " back into it.

Will that be small....medium...large, or extra large bottles.

Back in those glory days ... we were fairly chuffed to beat England in an Ashes series here on home turf, great news when we were able to do it over in England.

But ... we were in awe of the West Indies.

There was a kind of Black Magic associated with them ...

Edited by David48

Back in those glory days ... we were fairly chuffed to beat England in an Ashes series here on home turf, great news when we were able to do it over in England.

But ... we were in awe of the West Indies.

There was a kind of Black Magic associated with them ...

No wonder batsman started wearing helmets

* sigh * ... don't worry

"Worry" is far from the minds of anyone on this thread...or at least mine.....I think....coffee1.gif

Sorry Mate ... we just posted at the same time.

Hey ... if you are interested post-104736-0-72521100-1339400239_thumb.

This one might look a little better as your Avatar because of the larger images ... and you still wanted practise uploading computer images?

You did it again PM....thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

That is looking sharp ... cowboy.gif ... suits you.

Especially the figure....very fit looking...thumbsup.gif

Sad that harrry didn't take a liking to his ... but to each his own.

What we don't have is a good one for brit1984 ... yet.

Edited by thaiphoon
Unnecessary bold font removed - see forum netiquette guidelines

You did it again PM....thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

That is looking sharp ... cowboy.gif ... suits you.

Especially the figure....very fit looking...thumbsup.gif

It is not that I do not like the pictures but that I think my current avetar is the perfect one for me....note the clear blissfull state.

It is not that I do not like the pictures but that I think my current avetar is the perfect one for me....note the clear blissfull state.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No-one is suggesting that you change your actual Avatar ... it's just for fun here on the Cricketing Forum.

kevjohn keeps changing his just for practise.

Mine here is post-104736-0-76341200-1339402685_thumb. but I don't use it on the Forum.

Bookman is post-104736-0-15550100-1339402750_thumb. here in the Cricketing Forum ... but he has the Soi Dog as his usual.

But ... this is a friendly game ... we are a team here.

It's just a bit of fun designed to develop the team spirit.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No-one is suggesting that you change your actual Avatar ... it's just for fun here on the Cricketing Forum.

kevjohn keeps changing his just for practise.

Mine here is post-104736-0-76341200-1339402685_thumb. but I don't use it on the Forum.

Bookman is post-104736-0-15550100-1339402750_thumb. here in the Cricketing Forum ... but he has the Soi Dog as his usual.

But ... this is a friendly game ... we are a team here.

It's just a bit of fun designed to develop the team spirit.

And develop the team spirit, we have......still going strong at 2,553, none out.

Edited by kevjohn

Ok no problem

Ok no problem

re... cricket solving all problems in Thailand.

Ok no problem

except the problem of my headache following this recursion.

Brit1984: Perhaps you should run a column in one of the wider-circulation newspapers, inviting people to write in regarding their problems, and you could show how cricket could alleviate their woes.

SC

TV Cricket

Know your knees,

Love your knees

In the absence of an editor with the courage and fortitude to publish such a column, perhaps we could extract woeful and tragic tales from other journals, or even from other pages of this very forum, and show how cricketal remedies could best be effected.

Necronx99, for example, is having trouble undecanting spirits. In the absence of an undecanter, perhaps you could cast your telephoto lens on his missive of misery.

I have provided a cricketing solution to Necronx's problem directly on the thread...

With regards to the newspaper column, that is an excellent idea and should certainly be part of our plan

However, print media is becoming outdated, I think this thread is the future

Ok no problem

except the problem of my headache following this recursion.

Harry...If you wont to fix your headache duck down to the local pub hospital. They will give you a pill for it.......and also, for the next dozen....smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

Brit1984...the thai cricket agony aunt

I would rather be more of a superhero (with a cape or umpire's jacket and super cricket powers)... I could be Cricketman...

When I detect problems in Thailand, with my sixth sense, I will fly to the incident and fix it through the power of cricket...

Edited by brit1984

Maybe you could start a new thread "The West Indies Needs a Cricketing Revival"