About Nakhonchai Air

MCLEAN

I've taken them once (BKK to KK) and I swore to myself I'd never take them again.

They treat their passengers like they're (the passengers) were retards.

Never again... I'd rather walk.

Sorry I can't give you any more info re your original question/thread. Look for alternatives is all I can say.

Edited by djayz

NCA actually is one of the better premium class Thai inter-city bus companies. Hard to find better buses or better general service anywhere in Thailand, IME.

NCA, AFAIK, doesn't sell tickets from BKK to Korat. I just wish they had routes to more cities. Their 24 seat "First Class" buses are as good as it gets in Thailand. And their "First Class" service is confusingly NOT the lower level of service that other bus companies use with that term.

• Like 1

NCA actually is one of the better premium class Thai inter-city bus companies. Hard to find better buses or better general service anywhere in Thailand, IME.

NCA, AFAIK, doesn't sell tickets from BKK to Korat. I just wish they had routes to more cities. Their 24 seat "First Class" buses are as good as it gets in Thailand. And their "First Class" service is confusingly NOT the lower level of service that other bus companies use with that term.

I only took them once but I agree, way better then the other bus companies that sell "VIP" tickets then stop every 30 mins and load up any Thai with a few baht to spare. NCA usually has an attendant or two, distribute water, blankets and a crappy meal. Doesn't get much better then that in Thailand.

"AIR UDON" is another somewhat misleadingly named bus company; operating out of Mor Chit to Udon Thani and Nong Khai.

I think the "Air" is used to call attention to the airline type, reclining seats they use on their VIP 24 seat buses.

I've heard some of them are actually putting "lie flat" seats in some buses.

What an interesting range of possibilities that opens for making the 8 hour trip a bit more entertainingrolleyes.gif

Edited by dddave

I have used Nakhonchai'air' from Pattaya to Chiang Mai and return by air Asia which is double the price on the return Air journey. If you can call any long haul bus journey acceptable then Nakhonchai'air' is the better tolerated. than most. However these buses are very cold and you need to wrap up before getting on them. Nakhonchaiair is also a bit more expensive than other bus services, If you will excuse me need to empty bowels fully before alighting as the loos on all of these buses are disgusting and fit only for a pee at best. I used an executive bus company (no name) from Udon to Pattaya leaving Udon at 6-00 pm and that was quite good.

I've taken them once (BKK to KK) and I swore to myself I'd never take them again.

They treat their passengers like they're (the passengers) were retards.

Never again... I'd rather walk.

Sorry I can't give you any more info re your original question/thread. Look for alternatives is all I can say.

Would be good with a post such as yours to be more descriptive as to what problem you 'actually' found.

Your answer provides no real answer to the question whatsoever.

I've been travelling Thailand for many years, mainly by bus, and have no idea what you are on about.

NCA is the best bus line I have been a passenger in Thailand. I have ONLY been in the GOLD CLASS between Buriram and Bangkok. First class buses look even better on the web site and in person. On SOME routes you have a choice of which "service level", ECONOMY, SILVER, GOLD, or First class. I have never heard good things about Economy or Silver class, so it would be well worth the FEW additional baht to take the better Gold Class or First Class service. They do DROP OFF some passengers prior to some stations, but they do not PICK up stray passengers like most bus lines. They seem to have a full tank of fuel unlike some bus lines, so you will spend less time watching a fuel pump. They have MANY buses departing and arriving in Korat, but not the direct shot to Bangkok. You can book a ticket over the phone at least one day in advance, pay at a 7-11 within a time frame and no need to ONLY book the ticket at the actual bus station. The drivers are not crazed, it is a top notch bus company based on my 20+ trips. They have a DEDICATED bus terminal in Bangkok that is top notch.

"AIR UDON" is another somewhat misleadingly named bus company; operating out of Mor Chit to Udon Thani and Nong Khai.

I think the "Air" is used to call attention to the airline type, reclining seats they use on their VIP 24 seat buses.

I've heard some of them are actually putting "lie flat" seats in some buses.

What an interesting range of possibilities that opens for making the 8 hour trip a bit more entertainingrolleyes.gif

The NCA First Class seats are as comfortable as any I've ever been on anywhere... Better than any economy intercon airplane flight seat...and most business class I've been on too...

Unfortunately, at least in the ones I had last time to KK a year or so ago... they weren't yet lie flat.... And no way to remove or lift the substantial divider between your seat and the seat next to you (for the areas with side by side seats) .... So would require some acrobatics... :-)

I have used Nakhonchai'air' from Pattaya to Chiang Mai and return by air Asia which is double the price on the return Air journey. If you can call any long haul bus journey acceptable then Nakhonchai'air' is the better tolerated. than most. However these buses are very cold and you need to wrap up before getting on them. Nakhonchaiair is also a bit more expensive than other bus services, If you will excuse me need to empty bowels fully before alighting as the loos on all of these buses are disgusting and fit only for a pee at best. I used an executive bus company (no name) from Udon to Pattaya leaving Udon at 6-00 pm and that was quite good.

Better to be cool in Thailand than sweating like a pig on a long bus trip... That's why they hand out blankets... But I've never used them... Nice to be chilly for a while.

NCA is the best bus line I have been a passenger in Thailand. I have ONLY been in the GOLD CLASS between Buriram and Bangkok. First class buses look even better on the web site and in person. On SOME routes you have a choice of which "service level", ECONOMY, SILVER, GOLD, or First class. I have never heard good things about Economy or Silver class, so it would be well worth the FEW additional baht to take the better Gold Class or First Class service. They do DROP OFF some passengers prior to some stations, but they do not PICK up stray passengers like most bus lines. They seem to have a full tank of fuel unlike some bus lines, so you will spend less time watching a fuel pump. They have MANY buses departing and arriving in Korat, but not the direct shot to Bangkok. You can book a ticket over the phone at least one day in advance, pay at a 7-11 within a time frame and no need to ONLY book the ticket at the actual bus station. The drivers are not crazed, it is a top notch bus company based on my 20+ trips. They have a DEDICATED bus terminal in Bangkok that is top notch.

Yes...I agree...can order by telephone also and then pay at 7/11...

On their First Class buses to KK, they seem to start at the NCA terminal...and then stop at Mo Chit...and then hit the highway...

Likewise...on all my various trips with them, I've never had a crazed driver... never felt unsafe or dangerous. And didn't emerge from the 6 or 8 hour trips feeling sore or achy....

Also..notably... never heard or seen of an NCA bus having been involved in one of those crazy, horrible crashes that make the news here on TV so often... I'm hoping there's a good reason for that...

• 6 years later...

OK , this is an old topic but I felt that I had to comment on Nakhonchai-air .

I used them yesterday from Pattaya to Surin & booked VIP first class . Well the bus may have held that esteem 5 or 10 years ago but certainly not today . The bus was passed its sell by date . There was a suspension problem / shock absorbers and every smallest bump in the road made the bus shudder , the TV monitor shook and overhead luggage compartments rattle loudly . 7 hours of uncomfortable travel . The toilets had not been emptied for the start of the journey and there was no toilet tissue . The meal was rubbish , mostly almost cold rice with some small slithers of sausage and long beans . This was backed up by the fact that the bus made a non passenger , 10 minute , pick up stop where the lady attendant was seen buying 3 lots of hot food from a vendor for I assume her and the crew , now that says something . The air-con was cold showing 18c and I had to ask for a blanket which were then claimed by other passengers .

This is the second time I have used NCA and the first was just as bad when a gold class bus turned up instead of a VIP  which I paid for but  got no redress . This bus broke down with a broken hose and a 2 1/2 hour delay .

Now a bus company I use mostly is called Sombat Tour and I cannot speak highly enough for them . They have a new fleet of modern buses all the same high class with lots of leg room and reclining seats .