Retirement Renewal

There have been reports of some Immigration offices allowing extensions up to 60 days in advance, especially if you can demonstrate (via an airline ticket) that you will be out of the country during the normal 30-day window for your extension processing.

I think the office in Pattaya will permit people to process extensions due to retirement up to 60 days in advance as a matter of course -- without requiring proof that you'll be gone. Don't know for sure -- someone from Pattaya should be along shortly to correct/clarify.

• 1 month later...

I got it about 25 days before it expired in Jomtien.

Came with the proper paperwork and was done in 20 minutes, then come back in afternoon for stamped passport. Then another 30 minutes for the multible entry. All done, piece of cake and everyone smiling.

Good job, Imigration

I always renew my retirement/extension of stay visa one month before it expires as you never know when they change the rules . The dates do not alter the visa will run from when it was supposed to expire but on the day you renew it your 90 day reporting will start from then it is very easy it also means you can get at your 800,000 one ,omth sooner. hope this helps !!!!

There have been reports of some Immigration offices allowing extensions up to 60 days in advance, especially if you can demonstrate (via an airline ticket) that you will be out of the country during the normal 30-day window for your extension processing.

I think the office in Pattaya will permit people to process extensions due to retirement up to 60 days in advance as a matter of course -- without requiring proof that you'll be gone. Don't know for sure -- someone from Pattaya should be along shortly to correct/clarify.

Yes, two months early is OK without excuse based on my current knowledge. It used to be three months, but not anymore.

Actually 90 day reporting has nothing to do with renewal of extension of stay - only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report - after that you must use TM.47 for reporting every 90 days you are in Thailand.

Normally allowed to apply for an extension of stay a bit earlier, if you have proof of a need to do so. (showing tickets would be useful).

Hmmm...I just went down to Chiangmai Immigration. They told me that the visa can't be renewed more than 30 days in advance.