PM Yingluck's Hotel Meeting 'Appropriate'

webfact

PM's hotel meeting 'appropriate'

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Ombudsman Siracha Charoenpanij said yesterday he did not think Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had been involved in anything indecent when meeting with businessmen at a Bangkok hotel in February.

"The seventh floor of the Four Seasons hotel is an open area. Personally, I believe that people of this stature would not use such a place for anything improper," he said.

The Ombudsman's Office is conducting an investigation into the matter following petitions by the Green Politics Group and the Group of Women Volunteers Protecting the Land. The groups accuse the prime minister of skipping a House of Representatives meeting for personal reasons.

The opposition and critics attacked Yingluck for failing to make it clear whether the meeting was personal or part of her work. The prime minister and other government figures also gave conflicting accounts about the meeting.

Yingluck said she simply met some people at the hotel without having any meeting. Some Cabinet members said she met with a group of real-estate tycoons. Leading real-estate businessman Settha Thavisin had admitted to having met Yingluck there but there was no such confirmation by other businessmen mentioned in the reports.

According to Siracha, real-estate businessman Anan Asvabhokin, one of those mentioned in the news as having met Yingluck at the hotel, told the Ombudsman's Office in writing he was not there. Settha, the chief executive of Sansiri real-estate company, had indefinitely postponed testifying before the ombudsmen, citing busy schedules.

"The ombudsmen are trying to complete the investigation as soon as possible in order to make things clear about this matter," Siracha said.

Siracha said yesterday the ombudsmen had been at the hotel and found that the seventh floor, where Yingluck was supposed to have met some people, was an open area reserved for the hotel's VIP guests.

He said the hotel's manager did not give any information useful to the investigation. The hotel also told him recordings from its security cameras were erased every month and no video of the event would be available for the probe.

According to Siracha, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, who was said to be at the meeting with Yingluck at the hotel, had written to the Ombudsman's Office explaining the situation. "The most important point was his request that the ombudsmen give the prime minister the respect she deserves," he said.

Meanwhile, Pheu Thai Party member Kamol Bandaiphet yesterday petitioned the Ombudsman's Office, accusing opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva of using false documents when applying to become a lecturer at the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy.

Kamol said Abhisit had tended a false conscription paper when applying for his teaching job at the academy although he did not pass any draft. He added that he had enough evidence to prove his claim.

Sa-ngad Patthawi, deputy secretary-general of the Ombudsman's Office who accepted Kamol's petition, said yesterday he would refer the matter to the ombudsmen next week and they would decide whether to investigate the accusations.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-23

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kittiratt should understand that the respect is held for the office of PM and not for the puppet inserted into it.

Better tell that to your mate Abhisit

Wot, nuffink to say about the rest? Just press the "What about the Democrats" button?

• Like 1

Leading real-estate businessman Settha Thavisin had admitted to having met Yingluck there but there was no such confirmation by other businessmen mentioned in the reports.

There were reports earlier of the Shinawatra company being represented.

The other paper is saying that DPM Kittirat was at this meeting.

So it's gone from, "There was no meeting", to, "It was a Personal Business meeting", to, "It was a government meeting to discuss Real Estate Issues", and suddenly (after how many days), Kittirat pipes up and says, "Oh, yes, that's right. I was at this non-meeting personal-business meeting - government meeting".

So then a meeting between representatives of the property-development industry, and the government, represented by the Prime-Minister and also a Deputy-PM.

Why can it not be revealed, when questions are asked in Parliament, what this meeting was about ? Posted Image

This continued apparent cover-up suggests that it was something discreditable, PM-Yingluck should dispel this false-notion, by coming to Parliament and telling the country what's going-on, not by trying to brush things under-the-carpet. Posted Image

There was also a rep from Yingluck's family business, real estate company, SC Asset, that attended the clandestine meeting.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Kittiratt should understand that the respect is held for the office of PM and not for the puppet inserted into it.

Do you have any Thai friends? I was just wondering if they referred to you as kee nok farang?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

Isn't that a term of endearment? My g/f calls me "Darkling."

Leading real-estate businessman Settha Thavisin had admitted to having met Yingluck there...

Settha, the chief executive of Sansiri real-estate company, had indefinitely postponed testifying before the ombudsmen, citing busy schedules.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that in the secret meeting discussing real estate issues, that Settha...

301.jpg

President of real estate company Sansiri Public Company Limited, Settha Thavisin

is the brother of...

302.jpg

Embattled U.S.A. blacklisted member of Yingluck's Cabinet as Prime Minister's Office Minister, Nalinee Thavisin

:rolleyes:

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

Wot, nuffink to say about the rest? Just press the "What about the Democrats" button?

Of course he has nothing to say about the rest. He never does.

The seventh floor of this hotel is NOT an open area.

My friends stayed at a room on the seventh floor and I went to visit them. This florr was just the same as the other floors.

The only difference being that there was a "Club room" in the middle where guests staying on "club grade" could sit and have coffee and there was also a little conference room.

The bedrooms connected to this area seemed to be a little more luxurious and private than others.

And who said she was on the 7th floor?

Nice try!

-mel.

The staff in the club room. My friend (an Australian guy married to a Thai) asked if it was true that the PM had a meeting there.

The girl in the reception was quite taken back by a foreigner asking this question and she half mumbled "Yes".

"The seventh floor of the Four Seasons hotel is an open area.

The hotel also told him recordings from its security cameras were erased every month and no video of the event would be available for the probe.

Yingluck said she simply met some people at the hotel without having any meeting.

Settha, the chief executive of Sansiri real-estate company, had indefinitely postponed testifying before the ombudsmen, citing busy schedules.

Yes! Prime Minister. Episode Closes to canned laughter

Do you have any Thai friends? I was just wondering if they referred to you as kee nok farang?

That would be farang kee nok. And with your level of Thai I'm not surprised the tongue in cheek play on words is out of your depth.

Edited by birdpooguava

Of course he has nothing to say about the rest. He never does.

What do you want me to say? That at least she wasn't handpicked by the military and others to occupy a position that she had no hope of reaching by democratic means.

<deleted>!!!!

PM's hotel meeting 'appropriate'

The Nation

How do you KNOW?

BANGKOK: -- Ombudsman Siracha Charoenpanij said yesterday he did not think Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had been involved in anything indecent when meeting with businessmen at a Bangkok hotel in February.

He thinks it was appropriate because there is no evidence to prove or disprove, someone scrubbed the video and cleaned up the condoms. But anyway lets misdirect this topic by ............accusing opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva of using false documents

Edited by waza

Isn't that a term of endearment? My g/f calls me "Darkling."

Darkling I listen; and, for many a time

I have been half in love with easeful Death,

Call'd him soft names in many a mused rhyme...

Edited by Reasonableman

What do you want me to say? That at least she wasn't handpicked by the military and others to occupy a position that she had no hope of reaching by democratic means.

Wait for it....................

Spot on, she was hand picked by her brother to occupy a position that she had no hope of reaching by by democratic means
  • Like 1

That would be farang kee nok. And with your level of Thai I'm not surprised the tongue in cheek play on words is out of your depth.

In English one does not start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction. It's syntactically incorrect.

But in your case I guess allowances should be made......

try "she was handpicked by her brother to occupy a position that she had no hope of reaching by democratic means."

Actually I was wondering if you had anything relevant to say?

No do go on, you were saying that he should remain on topic, such as this?

Providing background on family, business and employment links of the protagonists in this little melodrama is off topic?

Corruption deep as the Mariana Trench and foul as the worst bog in Thailand.

So... business as usual top to bottom feeders.

But they didn't have sex, so then it's all OK!

Edited by animatic

Hang on, there isnt any evidence to disprove that, so it may be true. Just an opinion.

No do go on, you were saying that he should remain on topic, such as this?

Providing background on family, business and employment links of the protagonists in this little melodrama is off topic?

Within a certain limit yes - to post a photo of a PDP MP that you wish to make a derogatory remark about simply because she happens to be the wife of one person at the meeting is probably pushing it in my opinion. Obviously not yours or Buchholzs. Mind you that does seem a normal MO for buchholz so I shouldn't be suprised. When taken to its most ridiculous extremes it can lead to something as patently false as the so called "anti-monarchy mind map" that was being bandied about as another form of propaganda.

Hang on, there isnt any evidence to disprove that, so it may be true. Just an opinion.

Seems a reasonable opinion sick.gif , did you think along those lines in a recent Article 112 case as well?

Seems a reasonable opinion sick.gif , did you think along those lines in a recent Article 112 case as well?

Oh you bad boy, you know we cant talk about that.