Exporting Red Bull From Thailand To New Zealand

Hi all, first post on the forum and I've got a couple of quick questions about exporting red bull from Thailand to New Zealand. I've had a scout around the forum and read a number of threads about the Exporting rules in Thailand, there's some useful information there. I'm also currently running a business in New Zealand (remotely, from Thailand) which sells video games online. This means that I already have a handle on the basics of import/export and online business, but I've noticed that things are done differently in Thailand, hence the questions.

By the way I'm not looking to work or live in LOS, I am on a tourist visa and the plan is to set up a supplier in Thailand and then run the supply channel remotely. So far the plan is:

1. Set up a limited company in Thailand (although I've heard you need to have Thai shareholders and I don't know any people here, I've only been in the country for 5 weeks)

2. Register the company as an exporter with Thai customs

3. Get Certificate of Origin (although I'm not sure if NZ has a preferential trade agreement with Thailand)

4. Find a supplier of Red Bull in Thailand... I've done a google search and haven't found much there, sites like Alibaba list suppliers but I've heard of many people getting scammed there... the initial order would only be a 'sample' size to test the market, not a whole container load, but if it goes well then I'd ramp it up...

I've got a customs broker in NZ who is dealing with NZ government compliance so that's already set up... thanks in advance for anyone who can help with this...

The local dealers are not allowed to sell for export. You have to contact Red Bull directly.

They will ask you which country you ant to export to, and if they don't have an agent in NZ yet, they will ask you for your credentials. These are your company profile, list of brands you already improt to NZ, and the capacity of your distribution network.

If they already have a sole agent in NZ (you can check this easily on the internet), you will be out of luck.

Now, if you try to buy from a local dealer without telling him that you export, and then you import and try to distribute in NZ, you will likely get a problem with a company called "Red Bull New Zealand" (what a surprise). And since the lots will certainly have traceable lot numbers, your local dealer in Thailand will lose his Red Bull dealership too.

• Like 1