Samui Is Dull

On this quiet rainy evening I was a bit board so I trawled TV Pattaya. These were the first ten headlines on the news clippings all from the past two days.

1 British Furniture shop dealer on drugs charge

2 two suspected drug dealers caught by police

3 police shoot dead robbery suspect

4 Actors mother arrested

5 decomposing corpse of German found

6 nicotine ban in smoke

7 British teacher in coma after assault

8 Bangladeshi in coma after drugging.

9 Unlicensed slaughter house closed down

10 Illegal call center closed down.

Boy I wish I lived there.......

Bangrak all is forgiven, I will never complain about your state of the art facilities, engaging conversation in bars and supreme service in the Mermaid. coffee1.gif time for Horlicks ((( the drink not the extras at Cocktails bar w00t.gif))) and an early night with BBC Knowledge.

I have found the perfect way to relieve the boredom!

Get your email account hacked. I can send you a link if you wish. sick.gif

I am spending hours warning my contact list NOT to click on any links in any emails from me sad.png

Oh fcuknig joy blink.png

and by the way, I agree - the PAttaya comics are a good way to realise that Samui is actualy quite nice.whistling.gif

Samui doesn't have a newspaper or TV station, therefore nothing bad ever happens here am I right?

No, you are mostly wrong. No TV station - just the Samui Channel.

Two newspapers - the quality of which has been the subject of another thread.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Samui doesn't have a newspaper or TV station, therefore nothing bad ever happens here am I right?

http://www.thaivisa....05-local-press/

You have something else lol Called thaivisa.

A paper that comes out once a month is usually referred to as a magazine, not a newspaper. Hard to make a living printing news that's 3-4 weeks out of date. Samui channel is just advertisements, there's no editorial or news content.

• Like 1

I never get bored of "I love my dog as much as i love you" 20 times in 1 hour, with intermittent sirens as a reminder of your last close call on a motorbike.

Edited by BangrakBob

A paper that comes out once a month is usually referred to as a magazine, not a newspaper. Hard to make a living printing news that's 3-4 weeks out of date. Samui channel is just advertisements, there's no editorial or news content.

Hmmm I must be out of date. In my day, if it prints news and is made of paper. News Paper.

Magazines do not print news - just articles. My, how things have changed.

The 'old' Oxford dictionary that I use reads

Newspaper - printed publication with loose folded sheets with news etc.

Magazine - periodical publication containing contributions by various writers.

But hey - what do I (or the Oxford English Dictionary) know?

Samui channel just adverts - I must ask my wife how much she earned when she was on it. Thank you for your insight.wai.gif I will buy beers at the TV party with the money that she earned! whistling.gif

http://www.samuichannel.tv/news2.php

I'm pretty sure the link you left proves exactly what I was saying. Their "news" page contains no "news" at all, only promotional information from their sponsors.

Your constant pedantic replies to my posts are getting boring. In the context of my first reply, you hear a lot more bad things about Pattaya because there are genuine news agencies operating in Pattaya reporting them. Samui has no such organisations, which is why the original poster thinks nothing bad ever happens here.

People get murdered, robbed and ripped off every day on Samui, wake up.

i have 10 suggestions for you to make samui more interesting for us below

1 Get arrested ON a drugs charge

2 grass up two suspected drug dealers caught by police

3 Plan an armed robbery and do it

4send your mum to become an actor then plant something on her and have her arrested

5 This 1 should be easy. make a decomposing corpse of German found

6 start smoking if you already smoke then stop

7. Put a British teacher in coma after assault

8 Put a Bangladeshi in coma after drugging.him

9 How off you slaughter house and have it closded down

10 make an illegal center and wait for it to get busted

hope that helps

if you complete these thing then the paper next month shall be an interesting read over my brkkrs

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the link you left proves exactly what I was saying. Their "news" page contains no "news" at all, only promotional information from their sponsors.

Your constant pedantic replies to my posts are getting boring. In the context of my first reply, you hear a lot more bad things about Pattaya because there are genuine news agencies operating in Pattaya reporting them. Samui has no such organisations, which is why the original poster thinks nothing bad ever happens here.

I think this is a bit simplistic ydraw. The OP was supposed to be a bit of fun, and draw attention to the fact we are lucky to live here. Of course things happen here in Samui, but you can't believe at the same level as Pattaya!

BigC - I'll do the German corpse if you do the slaughter house. Then the rest can be completed at the TV party for prizes supplied by Pattaya Daily News, who are considering opening here, but are worried that lost dogs and internet problems stories might not sell enough papers.

So what yer really sayin' is that this forum has gotten boring?

Post some interesting stuff then!

Very interesting you can buy Sara Lee cheese cake in Lotus. no newspapers reference to confirm this but it's true.

So what yer really sayin' is that this forum has gotten boring?

Post some interesting stuff then!

Very interesting you can buy Sara Lee cheese cake in Lotus. no newspapers reference to confirm this but it's true.

Gawd help us! We're doomed!! tongue.png

Here you go Smokie - i was having a dull day until this guy pulled out in front of me w00t.gif

Funny place to park a motor bike.

The pier was packed John nowhere to park and I fancied testing my stunt riding/parking skills to relieve the boredom smile.png

Meet 2 uk guys today , one was stabbed 2 times on may 5th , by a guy from isreal , so no Thai bashing .. He was in the police station as bkk hospital where holding his passport as 3 days in icu where 620,000 thb , he was transferred to nathon , where a further 14 days treatment where 39'000 thb .. The police wanted the uk guy to get the isreal guy to pay his hospital although he had insurance , but the insurance would not pay due to an iv trip on the bill be 37,0000 thb ...

So not to dull on samui , just never reported ,

Here you go Smokie - i was having a dull day until this guy pulled out in front of me w00t.gif

Ouch - hope that you are OK. Unfortunately it happens a lot in that area.ohmy.png

Cheers Tropicalevo, yes I was very lucky and should have been more aware considering what you say there, it is a bad blind spot, parked cars and this guy just came out blind and i had no choice but to lock her up and lay her down sideways and let her go we both skidded for about 25 metres and the bike popped up-right into the side. Again I was very lucky, if I kept head on I would have ended up over the handle bars, split second decision, wearing trousers and shirt and helmet. Ended up with a nasty foot injury but i wasn't wearing shoes. I actually can't believe i wasn't injured further. Think it is time to buy a car.

I think this is a bit simplistic ydraw. The OP was supposed to be a bit of fun, and draw attention to the fact we are lucky to live here. Of course things happen here in Samui, but you can't believe at the same level as Pattaya!

BigC - I'll do the German corpse if you do the slaughter house. Then the rest can be completed at the TV party for prizes supplied by Pattaya Daily News, who are considering opening here, but are worried that lost dogs and internet problems stories might not sell enough papers.

oh yes i do the slaughter house and the German corpes. i love it rolleyes.gif . I would make too much news. the paper would have to be a book let. Mayube the same rweason with samu, It is actually worse than pattaya but the editors are borded of too uch activity they cannot be everywhere at once.

for example a reporter gets called out on a missing dog case at the same time about 5 minutes later the police un cover a slaughter house by the time the papers get there the scene has been cut taped and finsished. anyway coffee1.gif em where was i going. i think to be honest the papers needmore staff. there is allot of activity on the island but the papaers are under staffed to cover allot of the stories.