Which Automatic Pickup To Buy

Seems to refer to 2008 onwards, presumably it's not been retested because the design changes since are not sufficent to have impacted on the safety issues.

Edited by chiang mai

I think the problem is in finding the AT with anything under 3.0, not easy. If you wanted to be really sexy you could go with the AT and 4WD which I never knew existed, it still means a 3.0 engine though.

Problem is AT with 2 doors. There is choice for 2.5 or 2.2 with AT, but 4 doors only.

"BTW: the safety rating on the Fortuner is the same as the Hillux, not very good. "

The Hilux is the same wheel base and running gear, the fortuner just has a full size passenger body.

I've never had a diesel, but I take the point with regard to torque. I guess the diesel will also have a better resale value because it's a longer lasting, more robust engine.....just wonder if it vibrates and trundles along like most noisy diesels?

I never see 2dr diesel pick up with AT..??!!

2012 Isuzu D-Max

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab Hi-Lander Z-Prestige Auto 5sp RWD 2.5DCT (VGS, Navi) 778,000 baht.

2012 Chevrolet Colorado

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab LT Z71 Auto 5sp RWD 2.8DCT 775,000 baht

2012 Nissan Frontier Navara

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab GT Calibre LE Auto 5sp RWD 2.5DCT 726,000 baht

Edited by ignis

2012 Isuzu D-Max

Pickup 2dr Ext. Cab Hi-Lander Z-Prestige Auto 5sp RWD 2.5DCT (VGS, Navi) 778,000 baht.

2012 Chevrolet Colorado

OK...good dig thumbsup.gif ...it's good to know that there are finally 2dr with AT's available...fortunately I've moved on and getting the Ranger 4dr for about 30K more...smile.png

2012 Isuzu D-Max

2012 Chevrolet Colorado

Thanks, I thought choice was limited but there are some good choices.

So are you saying the New Generation D-Max also got a new engine, best you be doing some research mate because it is using the engine from the outgoing model only difference being is that it has had a bit of a tune up.

Didn't Isuzu put the VGS turbo from the 3L model on it?, that would make a difference to performance.

Isuzu engine link:http://www.allnewisu...m/web/main.html

Sorry, you are correct about it not being a new engine; I had thought from memory that it was, but I can now see I was wrong.

But there is a wider range of engines available - not too sure how old they all are, and the vehicle itself is completely new.

Here's a snip from a previous Thai Visa thread on this very subject:

This is the all-new model (RT-50), based on the co-developed Chev Colorado (GMI-700) platform. Changes from the Colorado include different front and rear styling, different drivetrains, and some minor changes to the interior - different center dash stack, dials, and colors/trims.

Drivetrains are based on the previous model units, but feature an upgraded commonrail system, new injectors, impoved EGR system, revised valve stems and rocker arms, and upgraded VG Turbos and intercoolers. The timing chain remains...

Three engine variants will be available:

Ddi 2.5L Turbo - 116HP/280Nm

Ddi 2.5L VGS Turbo - 136HP/ 320Nm

Ddi 3.0L VGS Turbo - 177HP/380Nm

Two transmissions will be available - a 5MT and a 5AT.

The top-spec 4x4 models are now called "V-Cross", and feature traction control, stability control, 4-channel ABS with larger 300mm discs up front, 2 Airbags, leather interior and an 8-speaker touchscreen bluetooth sound system with front and rear cameras.

The 4x4 system appears to follow the same cost-cutting route as the engines, and offers 3 modes: 2H, 4H and 4L - 2H and 4H can be switched at speeds up to 100km/hr, but moving to 4L requires a complete stop.

Pricing:

2-door Spark: 465K-535K

2-door Spacecab: 562K-671K

4-door Cab4: 635K - 707K

2-door Hi-Lander: 658K-778K

4-door Hi-Lander: 738K - 922K

2-door V-Cross (4x4): 732K - 813K

4-door V-Cross (4x4): 808K - 994K

*Sigh*

So Transam (V8) says I have to 'man up' and get the diesel engine, because the petrol engine is for girls, and doesn't have enough 'thrust'.

Okay fair enough, I am only getting the automatic version 'cos my boyfriend, who will be 14 soon, can't manage the clutch.

Now somebody muddies the water by saying there will be a new model to replace the Fortuner next year which will have a massive impact on second hand value.

Can anybody enlighten me on Toyota's plan to dump the current Fortuner anytime soon?

*Sigh*

So Transam (V8) says I have to 'man up' and get the diesel engine, because the petrol engine is for girls, and doesn't have enough 'thrust'.

Okay fair enough, I am only getting the automatic version 'cos my boyfriend, who will be 14 soon, can't manage the clutch.

Now somebody muddies the water by saying there will be a new model to replace the Fortuner next year which will have a massive impact on second hand value.

Can anybody enlighten me on Toyota's plan to dump the current Fortuner anytime soon?

Yep, for girlies. smile.png

I have Toyota Champ and its ok, does what it suppose to do, but i am really starting to like the look of new Mazda.

The only concern is would the new Mazda hold its value for resale

I think You will find that it refers to the D-Max 2008 models ... soem big changes to the design since then!

Seems to refer to 2008 onwards, presumably it's not been retested because the design changes since are not sufficent to have impacted on the safety issues.

In a booklet at least one additional cross-bar in the front area of the latest D-MAX was shown.

To what extent this ensures the required security is questionable, anyway, there are improvements.

Unfortunately I can not find the presentation, it was a download...

I was just about to hand over my cash for an in-stock 2-door A/T 2.5ltr diesel Navara but the poor fuel consumption put me off.

So I'm back to the drawing board, with the Nissan ruled out. A shame, as apart from the fuel consumption it was far and away the best value for money.

I was just about to hand over my cash for an in-stock 2-door A/T 2.5ltr diesel Navara but the poor fuel consumption put me off.

So I'm back to the drawing board, with the Nissan ruled out. A shame, as apart from the fuel consumption it was far and away the best value for money.

I guess you have only 2 other choices Chevy or Isuzu...they are both more money,but Chevy comes with the new 2.8 L engine(my choice)...Isuzu will sell for more when the time comes...

I think You will find that it refers to the D-Max 2008 models ... soem big changes to the design since then!

In a booklet at least one additional cross-bar in the front area of the latest D-MAX was shown.

To what extent this ensures the required security is questionable, anyway, there are improvements.

Unfortunately I can not find the presentation, it was a download...

http://www.isuzu.net...3000_safety.php

Not sure how up to date this is though. Seem to recollect something slightly different when I looked at the chassie at the motor show.

Happy with my V-Cross though.

Edited by JAS21

i would strongly suggest the new Mazda, there seems to be ONLY good reviews in regards to everything from power to fuel to drive, interior and exterior. also pricing is not bad either

Mazda went pretty quite there for a while, but seems they have come out with some nice models and becoming more popular

i would strongly suggest the new Mazda, there seems to be ONLY good reviews in regards to everything from power to fuel to drive, interior and exterior. also pricing is not bad either

Mazda went pretty quite there for a while, but seems they have come out with some nice models and becoming more popular

...but no AT option in 2 dr models...