New York Deli Now Open In Jomtien

ericg1953

I live in Jomtien and have been by this place a number of times. Nothing I have seen would make me go in and try it.

I looked at their menu, I looked at the kebob sitting on the spit outside, and I looked at what seemed to be the proprietor.

If this place has even the slightest resemblance to a NY Deli, I will eat my shoe.(flip flop)

I lived in NY until I was 11. My parents used to take me to Katz's on the lower East Side. Forget yer Carnegie and Stage

delis uptown. Those are OK. (I'd kill for one of their sandwiches now) but Katz's was the real deal. All you guys wishing

for 100 baht miracles are just plain dizzy. Ain't gonna happen. Don't even waste yer breath. You want the real deal?

Be prepared to shell out for it. There's no such thing as a free lunch and a cheap lunch is just that.

I am quite familiar with Katz and they are the real deal.. I have never in my life had a sandwich from anywhere else that could even compare.

I should add that last time I was there (couple years ago) a sandwich cost about $20.

Edited by Jayman

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy I can hardly keep up with all your smileys.

What I would charge would be a modest increase for inflation- but hey that's just me.

The problem is that the prices often go up unreasonably,sharply and

not just as an adjustment to inflation. The landlord decides he or she can get rich off the

work of the tenant.

What do you mean by "the most" amount of money? 300% increase? whatever I think is fair?

Whatever my cousin in Sala Daeng is charging?

Whatever I think I can gauge my tenant for?

Too often it is the last.

Please make a smart investment and buy a few educational materials from this store http://www.dummies.c...l-Business.html

You are too funny.It sounds to me like you think all landlords are saints. FYI I have taught business and business ethics.

I have probably read more on both than you.

Edited by BugJackBaron

The really good news is that Delizza is now at least partially open, and should be fully open again this week, though I'm not sure what the new hours will be.

Their pastrami Reuben - for Thailand, at least - is incomparable.

• Like 1

The really good news is that Delizza is now at least partially open, and should be fully open again this week, though I'm not sure what the new hours will be.

Good news indeed.

Got details...?

I went by the deli today. The Thai girl staff was very polite. She said the deli part was new and gave me a huge menu. She said delivery was also available.

I just came from immigration and popped in to look.

I will eat there and report back.

I have the menu if anyone has questions.

Also I spent St. Patricks Day with the owners of Delizza and will call them for their new plan.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

I have to laugh when I read directions that include "near the 7-11". How many 7-11s are there in this town? Like saying "Near the pretty girl on the beach trying to drum up business".

I have to laugh when I read directions that include "near the 7-11". How many 7-11s are there in this town? Like saying "Near the pretty girl on the beach trying to drum up business".

You must by a 7/11 map. Very helpful for the newbie. laugh.png

So...? Now that we've established the location (near 7-11, by the police box, for crying out loud laugh.png ), are there any actual sandwich reports from the new New York deli yet? As in: how was the Manhattan? How was the Up to You? How was the Shirley Booth? Inquring minds, man...

cool.png

post-72929-0-74855100-1339332397_thumb.j

From looking at the pictures of the place, it seems they are making a decent effort. Looks nice.

Worth a try.

My sources tell me that for an extra 50 baht, they'll double the meat. I'm going for the New York City later today. Anyone want to join me?

Someone mentioned they are using the meats from pastrami John at Dellizza. True?

110Bt for a pastrami sandwich? How do they do it?

Huh? I don't think anyone mentioned that except sarcastically. It's not POSSIBLE for their price level.

Am I right in thinking that until recently this place was a cafe, apparently run by a Lebanese guy? A friend of mine had coffee there last year and it wasnt bad.

If so, is this the same management with a different style or is it entirely new management?

Having walked past 5 minutes ago I'll answer my own question; no, it isn't.

The Lebanese cafe place is somewhere else that has also revamped itself recently and now does kebabs.

Still haven't actually found the New York Deli.

Stopped by the New York Deli yesterday for lunch.

The place looks brand new, nicely done & a charming young lady took my order. Someones putting in a nice effort here.

I ordered the Pastrami sandwich that comes with a pickle and potato chips.

They don't pile the meat high like Dellizza but it was enough for a tasty light lunch & a good value for 110Bt.

I didn't inquire where they get the deli meats but will ask next time.

The location makes for great people watching too.

Give them a try. You'll be glad you did.

• Like 1

I walked past again, and I was right after all.

This is the place that used to be a regular cafe, right next to 7/11.

Yesterday I couldn't see the Deli name for the multitude of lights and other signs. Couldn't see the Deli menu either. wacko.png

You could ask for the menu.

To be clear, what was so great about Deli-zza deli sandwiches was certainly not only the portion, which was appropriately large, but also of course about the remarkable QUALITY and FLAVOR of their deli meats.