Central Samui

Finding motor bike parking was a little confusing, one assumes they will make more signs...to the black hole for motorbike parking!

Bike bays are clearly marked disabled-badge.gif orParent-Toddler-Parking-599327.jpg

Yellow boxes cater for any surplus during peak periods:

rk0u2q.jpg

HTH smile.png

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there another big mall / shopping / restaurant space planned for near Maenam, I saw some big banner on the ring road yesterday when I drove through.

Not seen that sign, that I can think of, or heard about anything mentioned! There is a new Family Mart at Soi 5 .... that improved that corner! .... at least they concreted the out side ....rolleyes.gifwink.png

There is still a sign on Soi One, that Samui Immigration is building a new office (that has been there for a while!) ... Perhaps they will start on that after the new Customs House is finished in Nathon...? whistling.gif

Is there another big mall / shopping / restaurant space planned for near Maenam, I saw some big banner on the ring road yesterday when I drove through.

Not seen that sign, that I can think of, or heard about anything mentioned! There is a new Family Mart at Soi 5 .... that improved that corner! .... at least they concreted the out side ....rolleyes.gifwink.png

There is still a sign on Soi One, that Samui Immigration is building a new office (that has been there for a while!) ... Perhaps they will start on that after the new Customs House is finished in Nathon...? whistling.gif

I think he means the sign opposite the petrol station Bophut advertising shopping spaces for rent...

• Like 2

The new Mall is opposite the Petrol station in Bophut , at the western end of walking street / the village.

Big pictures on the boarding surrounding it.

• Like 1

We went for a light lunch at The Coffee Club. Excellent food - low price (for Chewang.)

I had the Angus Steak burger with cheese, bacon and wedges. melt in your mouth tasty.

Glass of wine for wifey - 120 baht (in Chaweng!)

Second all of that, exceptional food and value and NO ++ on the bill....

Settle back in expensive comfortable outside seating with shade while the smiling server bring over a chilled bottle of Prosceco in a silver iced bucket and two immaculately clean flutes......700baht!

Thats about a 50p more than having one thrown at me at the local mom and pop shop....

• Like 1

Hi

I went Central mall yesterday around 10:15PM, in order to have a coffee.

But as all places close 11:00PM, at 10:15PM they start to close, clean slowly... so you almost cannot enter, at least not for more than 30 mins...

I decided to go starbucks, it closes midnight, but no wifi...

I ended in a beach bar that close very late. Not too bad...

You go to a shopping mall at 10PM?? Still stuck in GMT time zone or what?

In Bangkok, they're closing around 10 and after 9, most shops inside would probably be closed already.

McDonalds opens 24 hours, can get coffee there too.

• Like 2

You go to a shopping mall at 10PM?? Still stuck in GMT time zone or what?

In Bangkok, they're closing around 10 and after 9, most shops inside would probably be closed already.

McDonalds opens 24 hours, can get coffee there too.

Central pattaya is opened past 11pm

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

Took management out tonight to Zezen Cafe meal was great service good except the two staff standing watching us eat

But having spent over 5k to be told " no have machine to take credit cards" Not funny at all

Sent for farang mgr sharp as a tennis ball SCB upstairs you can get cash at ATM

Yes but why not tell you customers first "No Hab machine or better still a sign

Icing on the cake YOU BOTH HAVE A NICE EVENING

Never again sorry Zarzen

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

..... You are happy but because of this you will not come back...?

You should know in Thailand especially cash is king.

BTW I don't like either when staff standing watching us eat..

they don't watch you eat, they watch the plates and the glasses. If empty, they refill or take away instantly. That's normal.

Best thing to do, if you don't like that? Polite tell the Mgr. that you prefer not to watched by the staff at all. If they come to take the plate away while you are still chewing, grab the plate with with both hands.

Looks like they're accommodating for the different time zones that Samui and Pattaya seems to be in from the rest of the country.

Hardly anything is really open before noon. I even get to my office close to noon.. and go home 7.