Manchester United

redrus

I see Man United have put 4,000 season tickets on open sale. I always thought there was a huge waiting list. If this is the case, I know many who only kept theirs for fear of never getting one back again and will probably now let them go.

Good grief. If this keeps up people from Manchester will actually get a chance to go and watch them

No, they're at Citeh. :lol:

Yeah, fancy dress again, but why they always go dressed as Blue plastic seats is anyone's guess.....!

Red,

Forgetting the jibes, my original post was a serious question. Have you given up your season ticket already? If not, does the fact that they are now availble on the open market, influence you or your buddies as to whether you will keep hold of them purely because in the past you would have had zero chance of evergetting one back? I know some mates who could no longer afford to go, so they still buy one every year but sell them on, just to keep it in their name for when they can afford to go again.

No, they're at Citeh. :lol:

Yeah, fancy dress again, but why they always go dressed as Blue plastic seats is anyone's guess.....!

Red,

Forgetting the jibes, my original post was a serious question. Have you given up your season ticket already? If not, does the fact that they are now availble on the open market, influence you or your buddies as to whether you will keep hold of them purely because in the past you would have had zero chance of evergetting one back? I know some mates who could no longer afford to go, so they still buy one every year but sell them on, just to keep it in their name for when they can afford to go again.

Is it not the case that the MUST Campaign is advising against buying Season tickets, that MIGHT be the reason some on public sale !!

BT

Now we've got 8 strikers on the books at United !!

http://soccernet.esp...ansfers&cc=4716

Must be one more for the future, or perhaps Berbatov & Owen are being phased out, time will reveal all.

I thought that Hernandez and Berbatov linked up really well at the weekend. Looks like the makings of a good partnership. That said, i can't see Owen getting a look in past the Carling cup games.

Must be one more for the future, or perhaps Berbatov & Owen are being phased out, time will reveal all.

I thought that Hernandez and Berbatov linked up really well at the weekend. Looks like the makings of a good partnership. That said, i can't see Owen getting a look in past the Carling cup games.

Yhe Glazers planing to cash in on Rooney next summer....

Yhe Glazers planing to cash in on Rooney next summer....

More likely to see the Glasiers gone by next summer than Rooney.

MANCHESTER UNITED NEWS

Ferguson explains Bebe signing

By Soccernet staff

August 13, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed Manchester United made a quick decision on the signing of Bebe as other clubs were beginning to show interest.

Associated

Real Madrid were also said to be keen on Bebe

• Gill: Bebe only recently on radar

Bebe, 20, is joining from Portuguese club Vitoria de Guimaraes after United agreed to pay his release clause, believed to be in the region of £7 million. He had signed from Estrela da Amadora in the Portuguese third division only five weeks earlier.

However, it was reported that Real Madrid were keen on the player and, after Ferguson received a recommendation from Portugal boss Carlos Queiroz, he decided United should make their move.

"It's one of these things that when you identify someone of potential we normally would assess over a longer period but we do scout Portugal and he's very bright and he's got tremendous instinct," he said. "He's two footed and he's very quick. There's material there.

"Other clubs were starting to hover on the boy and so we made a quick decision and said, 'Well, why don't we go for it?' He's got material and I'm sure we can work with that. He's young and we're good at young players really, so that's the reason."

Thought the same thing Stevie, wonder if someone's son was involved in the deal? ;)

[/quote

For a start james his son is manager of preston it is his brother who is a scout for us,and he had nothing to do with the deal.

It was a recomendation by queroz,fergie was at his trial last week and queroz mentioned bebe and that real madrid was looking at him,so fergie has took a punt on him.

Dont think we will se him play for a few weeks yet but he looks promising all i can say.

New signing Bebe apparently can't speak a word of English so would not surprise if they kept him at Carrington for a while.Play a few reserve games and get him used to a new environment then I guess he will have to go out on loan as the squad will have to be trimmed,whose for the chop or go out on loan ? interesting. SAF said today Macheda is not going out on loan, has an ego which we have to keep an eye on ,interesting comment !

New signing Bebe apparently can't speak a word of English so would not surprise if they kept him at Carrington for a while.Play a few reserve games and get him used to a new environment then I guess he will have to go out on loan as the squad will have to be trimmed,whose for the chop or go out on loan ? interesting. SAF said today Macheda is not going out on loan, has an ego which we have to keep an eye on ,interesting comment !

I wouldnt worry about the language barrier, with Nani and the da Silva twins, more than enough portuget to go around.

Failing that I reckon it will only take a day for him to get the verbal and non-verbal clues from wazza...

"Pass me the fuc%ing ball you curly-haired c**t."

How much would Scholesy be worth if he was 25 ?

Man of the Match again for me last night

Go United

Good point Ken, a lot of money for sure. But, i would think the big question is who's going to replace him when his age shows and the legs get tired.

Go United

Good point Ken, a lot of money for sure. But, i would think the big question is who's going to replace him when his age shows and the legs get tired.

It doesn't bear thinking about Carmine..........!

Scholes, Giggs, Neville & van der Sar will probably all go about the same time. The hole that it will leave in the dressing-room will be enormous.

Can only hope that the influence that they have had on the team will pay dividends as (Seems to be working with Fletcher, after starting his career when Roy Keene was still playing and copping more than the odd mouthful)

To give Fergie his due he does seem to blend youth with experience. And that does raise the question what happens when the "Canny Scot" does finally go. (I'll leave that in the too hard basket for now.)

Good first up win thought scholesy was class gets better with age and he ran the show,berbatov had a good game should have had a couple more goals to his name.

Valencia and rooney off sorts,and hernandez was unlucky to be flagged offside.

All in all a good display.

Go United

Fergie may just squeeze another year out of him,seems to be enjoying his fotball more than ever .But after 2 consecutive "man of the match" performances why wouldnt he.

Seemed ,judging from the TV pictures, that there was less "anti- Glazer" activity last night.Well in the form of yellow/green scarves. Anyone notice ?

Sorry should have read green and gold but I guess after a few washes..........

Go United

At 25 he was priceless and ten years later he would get into most teams in Europe still now,even if it is for 60-70 minutes...that is if he doesn't get sent off.....I cannot think of a better footballer on and off the field with his attitude in the world .....Genius :jap:

Go United

At 25 he was priceless and ten years later he would get into most teams in Europe still now,even if it is for 60-70 minutes...that is if he doesn't get sent off.....I cannot think of a better footballer on and off the field with his attitude in the world .....Genius :jap:

When Giggs and Scholes retire the rest of us will all breathe a sigh of relief. ;)