Manchester United

redrus

Recently heard a story about Nobby looking for a Catholic church on the morning of the 66 World Cup Final..... in Golders Green of all places.

I bow to your superior knowledge about his class as a player. Two world class games against Eusebio, who was certainly world class.

Edited by champers

^"I bow to your superior knowledge about his class as a player."

No need to be like that just because I don't think norbert stiles was a 'world class' player. He was the same type of player as Alan Oakes in that he was dependable and did the necessary dirty work that all teams need from some players so the glamour players can shine and do their business.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Recently heard a story about Nobby looking for a Catholic church on the morning of the 66 World Cup Final..... in Golders Green of all places.

I bow to your superior knowledge about his class as a player. Two world class games against Eusebio, who was certainly world class.

Funnily enough the best bacon I ever had was in GG.

15 hours ago, champers said:

It is generally thought that England had 3 World class players; Banks, Moore and Bobby Charlton; but you could make a strong case for Nobby being number 4. He twice had the better of Eusebio; in the 66 WC Semi and again in th 68 European Cup. In a 2 year period; along with Bobby Charlton; he won World Cup, First Division and European Cup winners medals. He was the pre-cursor for the likes of Makelele and Kante.

for me 2players stood HEAD AND SHOULDERS above all the rest,those 2 were also the shortest, STILES AND BALL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meatboy said:

for me 2players stood HEAD AND SHOULDERS above all the rest,those 2 were also the shortest, STILES AND BALL.

The 66 world cup win launched Alan Ball onto the scene so to speak,his workrate along the right flank was phenominal for a relative new comer to the international side then, but after this he went from strength to strength with Everton along side Howard Kendall and Colin Harvey (how Everton could do with quality like them now) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

The 66 world cup win launched Alan Ball onto the scene so to speak,his workrate along the right flank was phenominal for a relative new comer to the international side then, but after this he went from strength to strength with Everton along side Howard Kendall and Colin Harvey (how Everton could do with quality like them now) :thumbsup:

Alan Ball was rejected by his hometown club Bolton. They told him to go and be a jockey.

Earlier this week it was reported in the media about our famous club,s academy producing more Premier league players than any other club in the Premiership (well in excess I might add) this seems to have gone unnoticed/ignored by other contributors to this popular forum.............wonder why :sad:

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Earlier this week it was reported in the media about our famous club,s academy producing more Premier league players than any other club in the Premiership (well in excess I might add) this seems to have gone unnoticed/ignored by other contributors to this popular forum.............wonder why :sad:

Gone a bit awry of late though!

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:44 AM, petermik said:

Bloody hell,absolutely batter Stoke throughout yet end up with a late equaliser.......where is the justice?

Well done Rooney for a wonderful and well deserved goal to beat Bobby Charltons tally :thumbsup:

Well the justice is they just can't finish.  25 shots, only 7 on target, although Lingard hit the post, how many times has that happened this season ?

Totally dominated the game.65% possession and the only goal threat to De Gea was from Mata who had a nightmare,surprised he wasn't hooked at HT,his day just got worst missing a tap in was unbelievable,he's better than that.

Zlatan looked jaded. With Hull and Wigan this week a rest might be appropriate.He's good but not superman.

Cant see which way Mourinho will go this week  maybe a strong team against Hull and let loose the young guys Shaw,Lingard,Rashford ,Fonsu etc against Wigan. Both teams, Hull and Wigan, are probably more concerned about being relegated.

What a pity Rooneys goal was not at OT.Suberb effort to break the record, will look a lot better than in the history books than a tap in.

I dont belive you can compare players from different eras.After Munich Charlton didnt even want to play again,took him a while to get over it.I would think BC has the edge when you take into consideration pitch conditions and the old leather balls were  like a bag of concrete when wet.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, mrbojangles said:

I watched videos of Depay playing the season before he came to OT.You wouldnt know it was the same player.

Its been reported his interest in driving a Rolls Royce and wearing hi so clothes took up a lot of his mental state.if so someone should have jumped on him.

I think he got opportunities,just didnt take them.

^Confused

Reduced Capacity
Guardian. ..Manchester United to reduce Old Trafford capacity and accommodate more disabled fans. Capacity will eventually be reduced to 73,300 by 2020 from current 75,635

Express. ..The Red Devils are seriously considering raising the capacity at their historic home to 88,000.Old Trafford currently holds just over 75,000 but there is now the potential for an increase.

Looks to me that you are reducing (though in the future you MAY increase).

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Confused

Reduced Capacity
Guardian. ..Manchester United to reduce Old Trafford capacity and accommodate more disabled fans. Capacity will eventually be reduced to 73,300 by 2020 from current 75,635

Express. ..The Red Devils are seriously considering raising the capacity at their historic home to 88,000.Old Trafford currently holds just over 75,000 but there is now the potential for an increase.

Well that flies in the face of the report on  BBC TV (from memory)  .Maybe the clubs web site has the real version ,so much fake news flying around these days .

I even hear Donald Trump was the new American President

Ivory Coast have been knocked out of the AFCON Cup which means Eric Bailly will be returning home sooner than expected.

Amazing the few number of injuries this season compared with the last couple where half the team seemed to be getting treatment.

12 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Man U are looking at extending the crowd capacity to 80,000+ Already work is underway to extend areas for the disabled to meet requirements

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Confused

Reduced Capacity

These extensions have been in the pipeline for a couple of years (I reported on here last year about the same) but the stumbling block was the railway and land owned by the church (dunno which) behind the main stand (Sir Bobby,s) it seems now these have been overcome and when the work is completed it will push the capacity up to 88,000 :unsure:

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Seems to be alot of sikhs in the crowd at old Trafford these days, or do they just buy seats that'll be seen on tv.

You don,t seriously think they would ever be daft enough to be "roughing" it across the City in the council house seats now............:whistling:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wiki has just 5000 sikhs in Greater Manchester as of 2011. Plenty must be united fans.

Those who sit near the dug out have been there for years. I think they own a car dealers for luxury cars and United players buy from them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wiki has just 5000 sikhs in Greater Manchester as of 2011. Plenty must be united fans.

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Those who sit near the dug out have been there for years. I think they own a car dealers for luxury cars and United players buy from them.

Do you think they may offer discounts to other United fans BJ...............my old Lada is getting knackered :unsure: