Manchester United

redrus

Manchester United have completed the signing of Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard from Aalesunds.

United have been chasing a new keeper for the past few months and were strongly linked with the likes of David De Gea and Gianluigi Buffon,but Sir Alex Ferguson has opted for Lindegaard.

The 26-year-old passed a medical in Manchester earlier this week and has now signed a deal until 2014, after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Lindegaard will train with United from now, but he will not be eligible to play until the transfer window re-opens on January 1st.

Ferguson was delighted to get his man, commenting: "Anders is one of the brightest young keepers in the game.

"The challenge at Manchester United is always to look to the future and in Anders, we have signed a goalkeeper of great presence and even more promise.

"Having the time to train with him before he is registered will be an important period for him - almost like a pre season to get him integrated with the other players."

Lindegaard added: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me.

"The club is such an institution in Denmark, it's an honour to come here.

"I'm looking forward to playing and training alongside some of the great players in football today.

"I can't wait to be part of this team and to make my contribution to keeping the team at the top of the game."

The 26-year-old passed a medical in Manchester earlier this week and has now signed a deal until 2014, after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Lindegaard will train with United from now, but he will not be eligible to play until the transfer window re-opens on January 1st.

Ferguson was delighted to get his man, commenting: "Anders is one of the brightest young keepers in the game.

While i appreciate goalkeepers come into their prime later than outfield players i don't really see how that makes a 26 year old, young ;) old red nose will be telling us that Giggsy is young next :o:D.

Edited by alfieconn

While i appreciate goalkeepers come into their prime later than outfield players i don't really see how that makes a 26 year old, young ;) old red nose will be telling us that Giggsy is young next :o:D.

Minimum 10 Years left in his career, more likely 12 or 13 if he avoids Injury..

Minimum 10 Years left in his career, more likely 12 or 13 if he avoids Injury..

I think i know that singhy thats why i said

While i appreciate goalkeepers come into their prime later than outfield players

Steve behave Blackburn don't roll over for anyone, they prove that at home. Thy were done by a great display....., fact....! :rolleyes:

Also, well done to FCUM, 1-1 with 10 men and a penalty save in the last minute of injury time, great day on both fronts.....!!!!!

redrus

Well that Berbatov what can one say old boy?? *****

Shoots United to the top of the league again,scouse jealousy rises to the top and the happy hammer just maybe happy......even without Berba whose stock is on the rise again!

And to top it all Cidy squandered a late lead :D Happy days

Steve behave Blackburn don't roll over for anyone, they prove that at home. Thy were done by a great display....., fact....! :rolleyes:

i'd be interested to see stats on teams managed by allardyce against united, blackburn, bolton and newcastle. i can't remember him ever winning against his mentor/deity or perhaps even getting a point.

i'd be interested to see stats on teams managed by allardyce against united, blackburn, bolton and newcastle. i can't remember him ever winning against his mentor/deity or perhaps even getting a point.

Well end of last season he got a draw which cost us the title but no just keep on with your theory mate.

Can you not just acknowledge for once that united deserved the win and played some excellent football.

What sort of Team will you put our for Tuesday Ladies, any ideas ??

Mate

Team i reckon

pole

rafael smalling evans fabio

nani carrick flletcher obertan

hernandez macheda

If we play evans that is the weak link i had high hopes for this lad but he has gone backwards.

Edited by nev

Mate

Team i reckon

pole

hernandez macheda

If we play evans that is the weak link i had high hopes for this lad but he has gone backwards.

Don't worry, our Team will be worse than that, with or without Evans..:D

Mate

Team i reckon

pole

hernandez macheda

Good luck tuesday may the best team win.

I hope not cos if they do, we'll be out of the Cup..:D

I preferred it when you were doing your Comical Ali bit on the scammer forum.....now you're just pitiful prostrate with your begging bowl....

Please beat us!!!......come off it pal don't you want to beat the Arse in the final?

I hope not cos if they do, we'll be out of the Cup..:D

I preferred it when you were doing your Comical Ali bit on the scammer forum.....now you're just pitiful prostrate with your begging bowl....

Please beat us!!!......come off it pal don't you want to beat the Arse in the final?

Lloyd, bore off please, thanks..:)

According to stevie, I guess wigan and blackpool were in on it with chelsea as well when they rolled over to 7-0 and 6-0 defeats.

Just surprised stevie didn't bring up hand balls or added time - always better reading when you can add in some colour to your conspiracy novels.

Also, well done to FCUM, 1-1 with 10 men and a penalty save in the last minute of injury time, great day on both fronts.....!!!!!

If you see off Brighton, Pompey at home in the 3rd Round eh Red

I'm not sure we'll beat Brighton to be honest mate, the lads looked <deleted> after half time and we've not won a game since beating your first team....! ;)

Wish I could be there though, it will be immense....!

redrus

Daily Star

FA Cup draw round up......

BITTER rivals Manchester United and Liverpool have been paired together in an FA Cup third round blockbuster.

The pair last met in the competition in 2006 when Liverpool won a fifth round clash 1-0 – a victory marred by an horrific broken leg suffered by United’s Alan Smith.

Anfield boss Roy Hodgson said: “It’s a good game, will be an excellent game of football and it’s a bit unfortunate that two Premier League teams of the quality of United and us get drawn together in the third round. I always feel that’s a bit sad.

“It’ll be a cracking game of football. No doubt we’ll fi nd ourselves on TV again.

“We seem to be on TV every week so I’d better get my make-up ready for that game as well.”

The Old Trafford gameis the only all-Premier League tie in the draw.

But Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal have been handed a tasty-looking tie against Leeds, who knocked out Manchester United last season.

And Roy Keane will take Ipswich to Chelsea.

Non-league FC United have been handed a great incentive to beat Brighton in their replay, with the prospect of hosting Championship outfit Portsmouth at Bury’s Gigg Lane.

The two non-league teams already through were both handed away ties, with York travelling to Premier League Bolton after their win at Darlington and Huddersfield the destination for Dover, who beat League Two Aldershot.

Crawley will face Nigel Clough’s Derby if they beat Swindon in their replay.

Droylsden, of the Blue Square North, face League One Leyton Orient tonight with a trip to Norwich the prize for the winners – while Luton have the biggest incentive, with Tottenham awaiting at White Hart Lane if they can see off Charlton.

The funniest moment in yesterday’s draw came when Kasabian’s Serge Pizzorno drew out the side he supports, Leicester, and former Oasis mainman Noel Gallagher responded by picking his team – Manchester City – out of the hat, handing Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson a crack at his former club.

Stevenage were handed a home clash with Newcastle, evoking memories of a famous FA Cup showdown back in 1998 when the then non-League side held the Magpies to a 1-1 fourth round draw before losing 2-1 in a replay.

Stevenage manager Graham Westley said: “It’s not very often you get drawn against a Premier League side, so for it to happen twice is very unusual.”

redrus

Word from the Hood Chaps is that it's Snowing, but it's on & will stay on..

Any idea if it's on Thai TV tonight ??

I desperately hope so, them Streams just aren't the same & it should be a corker tonight i reckon with the place absolutely rocking ??

KIDS FACE HAMMERS TEST

By Ed. Tue, Nov 30, 2010-United Rant

Manchester United’s second string travel to Upton Park this evening in the continuing quest to win a third Carling Cup in a row. Sir Alex Ferguson’s youth and fringe players will be offered another chance to shine, with momentum also key after United’s thumping 7-1 win over Blackburn Rovers at Old Trafford last weekend.

However, Ferguson could make 11 changes to the side that beat Rovers, with ‘keeper Ben Amos set for his first start in a United shirt and Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Javier Hernández almost certainly involved.

“It would be great to win it three times in a row. The League Cup has become an interesting trophy now,” said Ferguson.

“We come into it a bit later and it gives me an opportunity to play the young players as I did against Wolves. They responded very well.

“The players who played against Wolves are hopefully the future of the club. There’s a great potential there. All we have to do is develop that potential and realise it. By the time they are 24 or 25, we hope they will be the next Manchester United.”

The match could also offer young wingers Bébé and Gabriel Obertan another chance in the first team picture against West Ham United. Obertan scored a stunning goal against Bursaspor recently, while Bébé struck a magnificent double for the reserves last week.

Indeed, the match is perhaps more crucial to Obertan, who has now been at the club for 18 months but is yet to break into the first team on a regular basis despite injuries to Ryan Giggs and Antonio Valencia.

Of those who started on Saturday perhaps only Anderson could feature tonight, with the Brazilian short of minutes this season. The player’s forceful performance against Rovers was a reminder of those early in his United career. However, in the past two seasons the midfielder has failed to progress, with injuries and temperament holding the 23-year-old back.

Ryan Giggs, also short of minutes this season, could feature from the bench as the Welsh legend, 37 yesterday, regains fitness.

But it is United’s youngsters whom are the focus tonight, with 20-year-old Amos hoping for his first start for the club. Surprisingly promoted to number three ‘keeper after Ben Foster’s departure in the summer, Amos says that he is learning from Edwin van der Sar every day.

“I’ve said a few times that it is a little bit like training with your dad,” the Macclesfield-born player told ManUtd.com.

“I don’t think he’ll appreciate that, but he’s great. I’m chewing at his ear all the time, trying to get bits of advice. He’s very open and he says what he thinks.

“There’s only one position and we train a lot, training everyday without playing is difficult, but you’ve just got to keep yourself motivated and make sure you’re ready and available when you’re needed.

“The next game is always a target for me. They don’t come round too often being the number three keeper, so I’ve just got to make sure I’m ready and I’m peaking when those games come around.”

United’s last defeat in this competition came in September 2008 when Coventry City won 2-0 at Old Trafford in the third round. Since which time Ferguson’s fringe side picked up the trophies in Spring 2009 and 2010.

United’s recent record against West Ham is excellent too, despite the painful results in 1995 and 1992, which cost United the Premier League. Ferguson’s side has scored 13 goals without reply against the Hammers in the last five meetings between the sides, with the Reds winning the last half-dozen encounters.

Meanwhile, West Ham is expected to field a strong team, although key players Frederic Piquionne, Valon Behrami and Scott Parker miss the game through injury. Danny Gabbidon, Herita Ilunga, and Kieron Dyer joined Mark Noble, Manuel da Costa, Jack Collison and Thomas Hitzlsperger as long-term absentees this week, while Lars Jacobsen is cup-tied.

However, Mexican winger Pablo Barrera is looking forward to meeting compatriot Hernández with whom he stared at the World Cup in South Africa.

“I know him well. We first played alongside each other for the under-20 national team when we were 18 or 19 years old. He’s a year younger than me,” said Barrera.

“He’s a good guy. He’s laid back but works hard, is very conscientious and is a good player.”

Given Hernández’ scoring record this season, few would bet against the striker hitting the net again tonight.

Opposition

West Ham – 442 – Green; Gabbidon, Jacobsen, Upson, Tomkins; Kovac, Behrami, Barrera, Stanislas; Piquionne, Obinna.

Subs from: Boffin, Boa Morte, Hines, McCarthy, Reid, Cole, Spector, Faubert, Nouble, Spence, Kurucz, Stech, Brown.

United – 442 – Amos; Neville, Smalling, Evans, Fábio; Bébé, Gibson, O’Shea, Obertan; Macheda, Hernández.

Subs from: Rafael, Brown, Anderson, Carrick, Park, Eikrem, Dudgeon, Gill, Morrison, Brady, Kuszczak, Fletcher, Giggs.

Officials

Referee: Mark Clattenburg

Assistant referees: R S Ganfield & S Ledger

Fourth official: Andrew Marriner

Form

West Ham – LDDDLW

United – WDDWWW

Pep Guardiola Wants Manchester United Job

Posted on 30/11/201-SportsVibe.co.uk

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola would not take on the post at Stamford Bridge should Carlo Ancelotti be ousted, because he still harbours an ambition to work at Old Trafford.

According to a report on the Mirror Football website, Guardiola has told close friends that he would welcome the chance to build on the immense legacy that Sir Alex Ferguson has built over an incredible 24 years with Manchester United.

Guardiola, a former Barcelona and Spain midfielder who made 263 appearances for the side he now manages, ended Ferguson's campaign for a third European title at the final hurdle when his team was victorious over United in the Champions League final 18 months ago.

In the wake of an administrative exodus from Chelsea, that has seen both sporting director Frank Arnesen and assistant manager Ray Wilkins leave the club, there have been heady allegations suggesting that Guradiola is to usurp Ancelotti as early as this January.

However, club officials at Stamford Bridge have dismissed the rumours as "total nonsense," and, in any case, it has transpired that his preferred destination would be Old Trafford.

Indeed, a source close to Guardiola was quoted as saying, "It seems that Pep really would be keen on working with Sir Alex, if that was possible. It would allow him to come to terms with England under the guidance of the best."

Ok, if you bring a couple of players with ya pal....... :whistling:

redrus

Meanwhile, West Ham is expected to field a strong team, although key players Frederic Piquionne, Valon Behrami and Scott Parker miss the game through injury. Danny Gabbidon, Herita Ilunga, and Kieron Dyer joined Mark Noble, Manuel da Costa, Jack Collison and Thomas Hitzlsperger as long-term absentees this week, while Lars Jacobsen is cup-tied.

How on Earth whoever wrote that can conclude that we will field a strong Team with those Players missing, is beyond me..:unsure:

Rooney not travelled ??