Manchester United

redrus

Ruud Van has just confirmed that he has made up with SAF apologising etc, etc. In his own words "I will embrace him when I see him" not sure if thats what SAF has in mind. Only took 5 years to come to that decision.maybe a loan spell aka Owen ?

It would be nice to think it stays that way. Maybe the manager has had a word and told him to stop being a prick. :D

Agreed on both counts.

Not wanting to stray off topic but we mentioned Klinsman on the same subject a couple of weeks ago. We are all aware of his atrocious antics throughout his career. However, when he came to Englang he knew he would be trashed week in week out by the fans if he continued in his ways so he cut it out. He was at times even a brave player!! What a diference it made. He won player of the year aswell.

Can you imagine the player he would have been if he had chosen to stay on his feet throughout his career. The name Robben also seems to spring to mind.

Please don't mention those two shisters on this lovely morning ........and then there was Arsenal! :D

Where have all the Berbatov detractors gone? He's hopeless, not worth the money, overated ???they waffled well last night was just aanother confirmation that form is temporary and class is permanent.His link up work with Rooney, especially, was world class. Berbs is the first player to score 3 hat tricks in a season since Ruud Van N in 2002/2003 and maybe still more to come ?

I predicted Rooney would break his duck,working on the law of averages. It just won't come his way .When it does could be the difference betwen United just competing or winning the competition.Interesting stat Rooney has assisted in 9 goals this season, 3 times more than last season

To be fair to rooney he is not playing in the position he got all those goals last season and no valencia is a big loss and i reckon a good bet will be hi scoring at blackpool.

With berbatov i have never doubted his ability only his lazyness.

Where have all the Berbatov detractors gone? He's hopeless, not worth the money, overated ???they waffled well last night was just aanother confirmation that form is temporary and class is permanent.His link up work with Rooney, especially, was world class. Berbs is the first player to score 3 hat tricks in a season since Ruud Van N in 2002/2003 and maybe still more to come ?

I predicted Rooney would break his duck,working on the law of averages. It just won't come his way .When it does could be the difference betwen United just competing or winning the competition.Interesting stat Rooney has assisted in 9 goals this season, 3 times more than last season

I'm a Berba detractor and i'm still here mate. Don't take back any of the shit that i've put his way - it's all been well deserved. Never doubted that when in the mood, he is a great player, just wish he always was.

Anyway, although all the plaudits will no doubt fall at his feet thanks to the hatrick, for me it was Rooney who really shone last night. He's a team player and about as selfless as they come. Quite the opposite of our aforementioned Portuguese friend.

Very good performance, albeit b-ham offered nothing going forward.

Not wanting to take away from Man U who were back to their clinical ways for this one, but Brum were terrible all around. I kept screaming at them 'press the ball for god's sake'. They just let the Reds walk all over them in midfield and particularly on the edge of the box where they gave Rooney, Barbie and Nanny so much room it was unbelievable.

Wigan showed they are doomed at the Emirates (but Arsenal were nowhere near as direct or as ruthless as Man U last night) and Brum showed they are doomed without a decent forward and without Dann in the middle of the back. McLeish must be a depressed man this morning - he deserves better from his players who showed no pride.

Very good performance, albeit b-ham offered nothing going forward.

Not wanting to take away from Man U who were back to their clinical ways for this one, but Brum were terrible all around. I kept screaming at them 'press the ball for god's sake'. They just let the Reds walk all over them in midfield and particularly on the edge of the box where they gave Rooney, Barbie and Nanny so much room it was unbelievable.

Wigan showed they are doomed at the Emirates (but Arsenal were nowhere near as direct or as ruthless as Man U last night) and Brum showed they are doomed without a decent forward and without Dann in the middle of the back. McLeish must be a depressed man this morning - he deserves better from his players who showed no pride.

Doomed without a decent forward are they!!!! The tossers that play for us have amassed about six league goals between the "four" of them in 23 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine where we might be with one decent striker. :angry:

Anyway, more about Man Yooo

Edited by carmine

Read in the paper yesterday your spokesman saying there has been no approach from the Qataris :o

also stated any such bid would be unwelcome :o

as apparently you're not for sale! :o

Proper cheered me up my Monday that did I can tell ya.....:D

So its definately on then.

Read in the paper yesterday your spokesman saying there has been no approach from the Qataris :o

yea Smokes, nothing would put a bigger smile on your face than us winning the league with the likes of gibson, fletcher, 37 yr old giggsy, 35 yr old scholesy, john oshea, 40 yr vandesar in the mix: who needs city type money and world class strikers or 18 midfielders for that matter.

ps. Careful now cause chelsea are gonna leave you solidly in 5th or 6th if you dont right the ship.

yea Smokes, nothing would put a bigger smile on your face than us winning the league with the likes of gibson, fletcher, 37 yr old giggsy, 35 yr old scholesy, john oshea, 40 yr vandesar in the mix: who needs city type money and world class strikers or 18 midfielders for that matter.

ps. Careful now cause chelsea are gonna leave you solidly in 5th or 6th if you dont right the ship.

Its very simple James. Either we sign a marquee striker or we will not make the top four. If we do, i am reasonably confident we will. Its a farce nothing has yet been done.

As i said before, if its not Tottenham :) i would prefer Man Yoo as i don't want City to buy it just yet, and i despise Arsenal and Chelsea.

Grow up - life's too short to despise anyone. Seriously.

Sorry Carmine - tried to get back in to remove the 'grow up' bit but you'd seen it already. I fell into the trap of trying to exhort a non-confrontational approach by using confrontational language. I guess it's human nature then.

Grow up - life's too short to despise anyone. Seriously.

Sorry Carmine - tried to get back in to remove the 'grow up' bit but you'd seen it already. I fell into the trap of trying to exhort a non-confrontational approach by using confrontational language. I guess it's human nature then.

I'm enjoying this. :D

Can't quite believe how lucky you are.....Holloway's men tiring at the end letting you in....well taken advantage though.

Still lucky imo. :D:blink:

Sorry Smokie but cream always comes to the top....... Eventually - that said, well played Blackpool ----- BUT great result for US.... :D

BT :jap:

Very lucky to get away with a win fist half we was shocking changed when that young left winger came on for the ineffective gibson and hernandez for rooney brilliant second half.

Great game. Must admit would never have dreamed of all three points at the time the seasiders were pusing for a third. I knew though that if we got one back, the tables would turn.

10 minutes of injury time?! What was that all about? Can you imagine what the reaction would have been were we level or god forbid, behind, if that amount of time comes up on the board?!

Blackpool and Holloway have brought something special to the league this year. Hope their inevitable end-of-season falling away doesn't hurt them too much.

Great game. Must admit would never have dreamed of all three points at the time the seasiders were pusing for a third. I knew though that if we got one back, the tables would turn.

10 minutes of injury time?! What was that all about? Can you imagine what the reaction would have been were we level or god forbid, behind, if that amount of time comes up on the board?!

Blackpool and Holloway have brought something special to the league this year. Hope their inevitable end-of-season falling away doesn't hurt them too much.

Got to admit when we were level and rafael was down SAF looking at his watch and speaking to Clatts on the sideline was funny.

"What ya say Mark,, should be about 8 mn to add on?"

then when we go ahead

"Mark, forget what I said before, my watch broke" :lol:

Can't quite believe how lucky you are.....Holloway's men tiring at the end letting you in....well taken advantage though.

Sorry smokes but really pal...how can you refer to Man Utd of all teams being lucky because the other team were tired!!!!! half Utd's team have free bus passes......

No excuse for any team not being fit enough in the modern day game

Edited by carmine

Sorry smokes but really pal...how can you refer to Man Utd of all teams being lucky because the other team were tired!!!!! half Utd's team have free bus passes......

No excuse for any team not being fit enough in the modern day game

Yeah i'm not sure where these "lucky" comments are coming from really, besides the natural frustration of opposing teams seeing a chance to close in evaporate.

Perhaps we had a bit of luck to not concede a third yes, but there was no luck involved in the fight back; all three goals were born out of hard work, grit, determination and most importantly, skill. biggrin.gif

As a side note, that is now 46 goals in total Berba has scored for United, which equals his tally at Spurs. He started slowly with us but seems to really be hitting his stride. Long may it continue....

Other team supporters really should stop watching and moaning about us, point of fact, if the other top teams and the mediocre ones were playing to their own potential, United would be between 5th and 10th regardless of apparent referee theories/conspiracies....!

Other team supporters really should stop watching and moaning about us, point of fact, if the other top teams and the mediocre ones were playing to their own potential, United would be between 5th and 10th regardless of apparent referee theories/conspiracies....!

Common sense from Rus...good post mate.

if the other top teams and the mediocre ones were playing to their own potential, United would be between 5th and 10th regardless of apparent referee theories/conspiracies....!

Very true, but the way i prefer to think of it is, if we were playing to our potential, we would be way beyond catching by now. smile.gif

if the other top teams and the mediocre ones were playing to their own potential, United would be between 5th and 10th regardless of apparent referee theories/conspiracies....!

Very true, but the way i prefer to think of it is, if we were playing to our potential, we would be way beyond catching by now. smile.gif

Its fine to think that Rix but in reality you are playing to your potential and its not a very good reflection on us others. Lord alone knows how many points Barca or Madrid would be on if they were in this league.