Manchester United

redrus

With all the lame, sick & walking-wounded slowly getting back to match fitnesss I even considering offering odds at 5/1 that Hargreaves makes an appearance before the season ends..... :lol:

Yes Ken apparently it is a shoulder injury now <deleted>! a real shame for the lad and the writing is on the wall i think.

Fletcher has got over "his virus" now which is great news also.....

With all the lame, sick & walking-wounded slowly getting back to match fitnesss I even considering offering odds at 5/1 that Hargreaves makes an appearance before the season ends..... :lol:

Yes Ken apparently it is a shoulder injury now <deleted>! a real shame for the lad and the writing is on the wall i think.

Fletcher has got over "his virus" now which is great news also.....

Get on the case and buy Charlie Adam....all for a better understanding in the midfield. Come on SAF ya know it makes sense. ;)

Get on the case and buy Charlie Adam....all for a better understanding in the midfield. Come on SAF ya know it makes sense. ;)

I think one fat <deleted> in the team is sufficient for us. :)

Sunderland or Newcastle have the dosh and are a better match. He doesn't have the stamina for a top club.

he is not good enough mate

Charlie Adam not Utd standard, Are you serious? - and I suppose you think Carrick, Anderson, Gibson are :o

Nearest thing I have seen in playing style to how Alonso used to play for us - a deep sitting CM/ CDM that can spray passes around and link the back four to attack.Not forgetting his set pieces and that's for a Blackpool imagine him with quality around him. Hes physically strong enough for the Premier League as proven so far, you don't need pace for every position!

- The lads got quality and would love him to join LFC :)

Charlie Adam not Utd standard, Are you serious? - and I suppose you think Carrick, Anderson, Gibson are :o

Nearest thing I have seen in playing style to how Alonso used to play for us - a deep sitting CM/ CDM that can spray passes around and link the back four to attack.Not forgetting his set pieces and that's for a Blackpool imagine him with quality around him. Hes physically strong enough for the Premier League as proven so far, you don't need pace for every position!

Dev in already defending the most obvious Liverpool Signing of the 2011 Summer Transfer Window shock horror..:)

Dev in already defending the most obvious Liverpool Signing of the 2011 Summer Transfer Window shock horror..:)

Glad your so confident we will get him :)

It's easy to work out, there's the Scotting thing going on, plus he's a Player that isn't good enough for the very top level, so will fit in with other Liverpool purchases in your " new era ", like Andy Carroll for example..:)

It's easy to work out, there's the Scotting thing going on, plus he's a Player that isn't good enough for the very top level, so will fit in with other Liverpool purchases in your " new era ", like Andy Carroll for example..:)

So I hope that wasn't you jumping up and down in your England No.9 shirt then :D

So I hope that wasn't you jumping up and down in your England No.9 shirt then :D

Me ?? I like Andy Carroll, a lot..

I just feel desperately sorry for him that you bought him for 35m GBP..

I don't think it will help his career whatsoever..

I am serious ...he is not good enough to play at the level United play at,if i had the choice of him and Carrick then yes Carrick every time.

Gibson is average but has continued to do well he is a squad player.....Anderson well mabe equal to him.

I will make a point to you.....pace is very much needed in every position at the top level,and that is a FACT! :D Even fatboy can leggit sometimes.

If somebody can remind me of those games where Adam was effective after about 60 minutes of playtime I might be persuaded. A useful buy for someone nonetheless if he can be got for around the £5 million mark.

Just checked - he's younger than he looks at 25.

Perhaps he should move to a Southern club - more tuna tartare and less meat pies!

He's a lovely Player Charlie Adam ( or Charlie Adams as Dev refers to him as regulary :rolleyes: ), i love him to bits..

I just don't think he could do it at the very, very top level..

Hence his probable move to Liverpool who won't/don't have to worry about the top level, for probably some time.

All out of love

The not so beautiful game

Posted: e mail from Gavin to Sky 08th April 2011 21:02

As I sit down to write this blog a mere two and half hours before United's Champions League Quarter-Final clash I have realised that it has been close to two months since I last sat down to write about anything related to United.

What with Gary Neville retiring, our unbeaten league record ending, being robbed of at least a share of the points due to poor officiating at the Bridge, gifting Liverpool a win at Anfield, a FA Cup semi-final against City to look forward to, Wayne Rooney (at the time of writing looking to pick up a two match ban for swearing - something that almost every single other player does week in week out on camera without any action being taken) and a 'squeaky bum' end to the season approaching, there has certainly been no shortage of subjects I could have wrote about in this time.

However, the truth of the matter is I have realised that I am slowly falling out of love with football - and that is something I never thought would happen. Though it is perhaps fair to say that on the pitch the action has been as good as any other season in many games I have watched this season, either with or without United, it is the off-pitch state of the game that is leaving me feeling disenchanted with sport I have followed for most of my life.

If we start at the top with FIFA then we have an organisation that quite clearly does not have the interests of the sport at its heart. The recent World Cup shambles proves this, with the voting process being far less transparent than it should be and anyone with half a brain can guess why.

Allegations of corruption tainted the bid process and has meant FIFA lost any semblance of respect it may have had. The upcoming elections is a chance for FIFA to rebuild its reputation and for many football fans this is the best chance for a while to see Sepp Blatter ousted from the top position, ending a reign that has been anything less than glorious - at least in my eyes!

Incompetence

At national level our own FA has proven the long held view that it is not fit for purpose. The words 'p**s up' and 'brewery' spring to mind when I think of the FA and recent incidents involving United have shown this.

Sir Alex's touchline ban for speaking the truth about a referee, who for the second season in a row cost us at least a point at the Bridge, to the inability for not being able to issue retrospective punishments for horrendous tackles - stand up Jamie Carragher - at least you could unlike Nani, to them now threatening a two game ban to Rooney for swearing shows its incompetence to be reaching new levels.

Of course, Rooney should have been punished retrospectively for his elbow against McCarthy of Wigan and some might say he is getting his just desserts. However, when you hear that Chelsea's Didier Drogba was involved in an unsavoury incident with a fan at Stoke does it not strike anyone else but me as a little strange that one player is being punished for something that happens every single week on camera and another is getting away scot free?

When we also add into the mix exorbitant ticket prices to go watch a game live, players cheating to win free-kicks or penalties, trying to persuade the referee to book or send off players, players commanding high wages or they will leave the club they supposedly love, football managers being the only job where failure is rewarded with a large payoff on being sacked, our own Premier League stating it will not look at the reintroduction of terracing (obviously because they can charge fans more to sit down than stand up) and it is not difficult to see why I am so fed up with the state of the game.

I am fed up with clubs taking fans for granted. I am probably showing my age but when I was younger that was never the view taken by clubs and there was not such a great divide between them, the players and the fans. That personal touch has long since been lost and I am now close to reaching the stage my grandfather got to - where he would not watch the sport anymore.

The prospect of a record breaking 19th league title should have me on the edge of my nerves with so few games remaining I am as passionless as I have ever been. For this I hold those whose responsibility it is to guard the sport as culpable. They have let the sport get away with far too much for far too long and the damage I fear is irreparable.

RIP Football - 1974-2011.

redrus

All out of love

redrus

He could have shaved Years off that if he wanted to..

Fair comment that but, are times as dark as he makes out or, are they just changing, big time...? Things have to change.

redrus

All out of love

As I sit down to write this blog a mere two and half hours before United's Champions League Quarter-Final clash I have realised that it has been close to two months since I last sat down to write about anything related to United.

What with Gary Neville retiring, our unbeaten league record ending, being robbed of at least a share of the points due to poor officiating at the Bridge, gifting Liverpool a win at Anfield, a FA Cup semi-final against City to look forward to, Wayne Rooney (at the time of writing looking to pick up a two match ban for swearing - something that almost every single other player does week in week out on camera without any action being taken) and a 'squeaky bum' end to the season approaching, there has certainly been no shortage of subjects I could have wrote about in this time.

However, the truth of the matter is I have realised that I am slowly falling out of love with football - and that is something I never thought would happen. Though it is perhaps fair to say that on the pitch the action has been as good as any other season in many games I have watched this season, either with or without United, it is the off-pitch state of the game that is leaving me feeling disenchanted with sport I have followed for most of my life.

If we start at the top with FIFA then we have an organisation that quite clearly does not have the interests of the sport at its heart. The recent World Cup shambles proves this, with the voting process being far less transparent than it should be and anyone with half a brain can guess why.

Allegations of corruption tainted the bid process and has meant FIFA lost any semblance of respect it may have had. The upcoming elections is a chance for FIFA to rebuild its reputation and for many football fans this is the best chance for a while to see Sepp Blatter ousted from the top position, ending a reign that has been anything less than glorious - at least in my eyes!

Incompetence

At national level our own FA has proven the long held view that it is not fit for purpose. The words 'p**s up' and 'brewery' spring to mind when I think of the FA and recent incidents involving United have shown this.

Sir Alex's touchline ban for speaking the truth about a referee, who for the second season in a row cost us at least a point at the Bridge, to the inability for not being able to issue retrospective punishments for horrendous tackles - stand up Jamie Carragher - at least you could unlike Nani, to them now threatening a two game ban to Rooney for swearing shows its incompetence to be reaching new levels.

Of course, Rooney should have been punished retrospectively for his elbow against McCarthy of Wigan and some might say he is getting his just desserts. However, when you hear that Chelsea's Didier Drogba was involved in an unsavoury incident with a fan at Stoke does it not strike anyone else but me as a little strange that one player is being punished for something that happens every single week on camera and another is getting away scot free?

When we also add into the mix exorbitant ticket prices to go watch a game live, players cheating to win free-kicks or penalties, trying to persuade the referee to book or send off players, players commanding high wages or they will leave the club they supposedly love, football managers being the only job where failure is rewarded with a large payoff on being sacked, our own Premier League stating it will not look at the reintroduction of terracing (obviously because they can charge fans more to sit down than stand up) and it is not difficult to see why I am so fed up with the state of the game.

I am fed up with clubs taking fans for granted. I am probably showing my age but when I was younger that was never the view taken by clubs and there was not such a great divide between them, the players and the fans. That personal touch has long since been lost and I am now close to reaching the stage my grandfather got to - where he would not watch the sport anymore.

The prospect of a record breaking 19th league title should have me on the edge of my nerves with so few games remaining I am as passionless as I have ever been. For this I hold those whose responsibility it is to guard the sport as culpable. They have let the sport get away with far too much for far too long and the damage I fear is irreparable.

redrus

Did you write this Mr Singh :D Sadly a lot is true but when you are still in love with your club and the feeling is still there then you carry on regardless....especially when everyone hates us and we are still on for another treble!

Anything more than the 19th Championship would be a bonus Rus :P the thing is it is still great to be involved whatever happens we will still be top of the league this weekend.

Do you remember you win nothing with kids,i might drag a few posts up from the start of this season.....you win nothing with Giggs...Scholes...too old they said lol :D

You lot must be really paranoid if you think that everybody hates you on the TV football threads. I reckon you get treated with far more respect than you deserve :lol:

There are an enormous amount of haters out there (hence the term 'ABU' 'anyone but United') Santisuk, and please don't let us believe you are so naive as to think there are not. :whistling:

redrus

All out of love

Incompetence

redrus

Did you write this Mr Singh :D Sadly a lot is true but when you are still in love with your club and the feeling is still there then you carry on regardless....especially when everyone hates us and we are still on for another treble!

Not with Barcelona still in the CL you're not. They are on a different level to Manure and will maul you lot just as they did Shaktar.