Manchester United

redrus

Here's a question for you long term utd fans, me and a mate have been trying to come up with a left footed right back, I came up with Shay Brennan. Am I correct? Cheers

I am not 100% but Stewart Huston sometimes played at right back and Albiston could too,but they normally played left backs.

Shay Brennan also played both sides yes.

I get the feeling it won"t be the only RED card of the day :D

Note to oneself.....I must remember to be nice especially to the blue noses :jap:

Well i was right,not happily right though!

Nice assist from Mr Carrick too,they needed the help i think could not see them scoring at all,what was that at the end with bellend and Ferdinand?

We did look tired today but that is no excuse,sadly we missed Rooney and Giggs too! :(

Yes mate we did look tired we need both them fresh for tuesday!! if asked before who would you prefer to lose to city semi or newcastle in the league i think at this time of the season the league is more important so a loss to city and a win at newcastle will do me,get number 19 wrapped up anything else is a bonus.

Nev, are you really expecting us to believe this????????? :lol:

I get the feeling it won"t be the only RED card of the day :D

Note to oneself.....I must remember to be nice especially to the blue noses :jap:

Well i was right,not happily right though!

Nice assist from Mr Carrick too,they needed the help i think could not see them scoring at all,what was that at the end with bellend and Ferdinand?

We did look tired today but that is no excuse,sadly we missed Rooney and Giggs too! :(

Yes mate we did look tired we need both them fresh for tuesday!! if asked before who would you prefer to lose to city semi or newcastle in the league i think at this time of the season the league is more important so a loss to city and a win at newcastle will do me,get number 19 wrapped up anything else is a bonus.

Nev, are you really expecting us to believe this????????? :lol:

Mate i am dead serious i am a realist not a optimist we have been winging it all season at start of the season someone said would you take 6 points clear with 6 games to go i would snap there hands off,and even with that lead i am not totally confident we will win it,we could still cock it all up but last nights draw for arsenal has eased some preasure.

Nev, you are havin a Giraffe. NO, United fan would want to lose to City in a FA Cup semi, especially seeing as you have the advantage on points in the table as well.

Worried that having finally claimed their scalp that they really don't give too much of a sh$t are we Mr Bo?

I must say I did not detect too many tears from SAF. He is probably realistic enough to know that 3 competitions was going to be too much to carry for a team that falls a little short of the heroic teams of the last 15 years. I was certainly hoping they succeeded on Saturday for that very fact alone - a two or three pronged disaster would have been a distinct possibility IMO. Of course yesterday's Emirates performance would have been even more distressing had they managed to get by your men.

Unfortunately these days people tend to remember who won the League and the Champions League for a period of several years, nay decades back. I struggle hard to remember who won the FA Cup 2 years ago.

Nev, you are havin a Giraffe. NO, United fan would want to lose to City in a FA Cup semi, especially seeing as you have the advantage on points in the table as well.

Worried that having finally claimed their scalp that they really don't give too much of a sh$t are we Mr Bo?

Nope, not at all Santi. Just that nev is in denial but he'll come round soon enough. A Red mate of mine wouldn't even answer the phone for 2 days. But no, of course it didn't hurt, if that's what they would like us to think :lol:

Nope, not at all Santi. Just that nev is in denial but he'll come round soon enough. A Red mate of mine wouldn't even answer the phone for 2 days. But no, of course it didn't hurt, if that's what they would like us to think :lol:

Mate i am dead serious mate i am a football fan i can take defeat on the chin i am not obsessed with city,winning the league is far more important than a win over city!!!!yes would have been nice to win but the game is over we have far more important games comming up and if city was in our position you would think the same,hey hang on beat united or win the league and a posibility of a champions league final.

Wow I was not expecting Arsenal to be gifted a lifeline. In fact I suspect it is Chelsea you need to watch out for as we will get screwed in the head again tonight by the suddenly enhanced relevance of the Spurs game.

Fascinating game for the neutral - traditional galloping start form the opposition for 20 minutes, no dice against a well-disciplined Man U defence, drop back (knackered) and give Man U the ascendancy for the middle bit - during which you expect United to score one or two (but Toon defence does well too). Brief foray in the middle of the second half by Newcastle - still no dice against the 2nd best back 4 in the League and poised for the inevitable wall of winning United in the last 15 minutes. But hang on United too shot and no Berbatov to come on and secure the points.

Poor game for the armchair referee afficionado (or good if you like shouting rude words at the screen). 3 penalty shouts, all of which should probably have been given with the benefit of a replay. Giggs should have been yellow carded for an arm pull-around in the tenth minute on Barton (early but a very cynical stopper on a good attacking move IMO - didn't even get a caution; benefit given for an unblemished career?). The worst refereeing decision for me though was not booking Nani for a ridiculous piece of theatre (dive in the box on no contact); ok the ref didn't see it but his assitant did and play was stopped and Nani was talked too. Indeed had the referee seen it properly he could, under the rules of the game, (and I wish more refs would) have sent him off for bringing the game into disrepute.

Edited by SantiSuk

Mate i am dead serious mate i am a football fan i can take defeat on the chin i am not obsessed with city,winning the league is far more important than a win over city!!!!yes would have been nice to win but the game is over we have far more important games comming up and if city was in our position you would think the same,hey hang on beat united or win the league and a posibility of a champions league final.

Well you are a one off then nev. The game against Newcastle wasn't a do-or-die, either or either match scenario. It was a game that you wanted points. As it was, you only got 1 point but you are still in the driving seat for the Premier title. So that game wasn't that important.

Also, I've never heard of the dressing room at Wembley being damaged by a team that "didn't care" about whether they won or lost :P

Here's a question for you long term utd fans, me and a mate have been trying to come up with a left footed right back, I came up with Shay Brennan. Am I correct? Cheers

I am not 100% but Stewart Huston sometimes played at right back and Albiston could too,but they normally played left backs.

Shay Brennan also played both sides yes.

Thanks Mr red

The treble didn't matter to them at all carmine.....one trophy only please in these aistere times....:rolleyes:

Tell that to Barca....:D

Well they are unbeatable so everyone on here seems to think :rolleyes: Madrid will be favourites now in your eyes i suppose,or United might be ,i suppose it will change again next week eh Smokes? :D

rollin rollin rollin....

I hope the spark is back for Tuesday night,seem to have missed something in our last 2/3 games.

Maybe the pressure is getting to the boys,big games now for us.....looks a tough ask but confident of getting to the final and winning the league :)

Fergie said yesterday tat when Fletcher is fit he will walk back in the team!

strong belief from the man and a great vote of confidence fo Fletcher

Edited by MrRed

Well a big european night ahead for us :D

Looks like it will be a very tactical night against the Germans,i think Fergie will go with the same sort of line-up as we did at Chelsea.4-4-2,but may give the Germans to much respect in playing 4-5-1 just hope we are strong enough in the middle of the park and get something against them.

The omens are good we ahve not conceded away in europe and seem to be able to nick the away goal so hopefully we will be in a position to put the tie to bed at Old Trafford in a weeks time!

VDS

RAFAEL

FERDINAND

VIDIC

EVRA

NANI

CARRICK

PARK

GIGGS/VALENCIA

HERNANDEZ/SCHOLES

ROONEY

NA: Spanish ref so will be a few cards i think tonight :redcard2:

COME ON UNITED!!! :header: :header: :header:

One of the most one sided semis i've ever seen. Well done Utd. I don't think Schalke or their coach hae ever heard of the term "pressing".

Guardiola seems to have done a Keggy Keegan so maybe its a Utd/Madrid final. :whistling:

Well i am not sure what you can say against United,very surprised at Scalke and their coach they just did not play up to their past champions leaguse performances?

On the other hand United where superb all over the pitch,men against boys nice one!!! :)

Another wembley final in the biggest club competition in football,is it going to happen to be against Ronaldo or Messi?? :P

Keep doubting the mancs at your peril!

I think Manuel Neuer's performance, might just have convinced Fergie that he's the one to replace Van de Saar (though I'd beg Edwin to stay another year).

Fergie might be playing mind games but he said last night he thought Neuer would go to Bayern Munich. He is a monster of a man, like a brick wall. I think VDS may be persuaded to give Utd one more season after that briliant save last weekend,that must have got his adrenalin surging, he clearly has not lost anything and with goalkeepers,unlike outfielders, they cant afford to make a mistake. How on that perormance did Schalke put 5 past Inter ?? lets hope they play as well at OT next Wednesday night.

Belated congrats on a stunning performance. Sir Alex was magnificent again in out-psyching Schalke, who were convinced they were dead as they walked onto the pitch

;) cheers!

I think the Milan game done them,they must of thought it was easy??

Belated congrats on a stunning performance. Sir Alex was magnificent again in out-psyching Schalke, who were convinced they were dead as they walked onto the pitch

;) cheers!

I think the Milan game done them,they must of thought it was easy??

Hope you guys are practising your thespian skill for Wembley.

I don't know whether you saw it last night but I thought Barca were a bloody disgrace. Danni Alves was hardly touched by the looks of it, got Pepe sent off and then went through the histrionics of getting stretchered off only to jump up and get back on the field again. Several others were feigning serious injury on light contact. Alves should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute from the video evidence; pity Barca can't be forced to forfeit the game 'nall

Fabulous Messi though.

Santi,i think a lot of it will go down too who will actually be available for the final,there is another game for both sides and the Spanish match could see more fireworks hopefully? :jap:

There is a month before the final also and some big games so injuries and luck will play apart for sure,after all Messi could miss the final!! (dreaming)

It depends which United turn up also,but we will give them a game and our defence is shit hot so we have a chance! lets face it there defensive qualities are not great are they!

Had some torrid times against them and was at the Nou camp in 84 when we got thumped 2-0 then also at Ot when we beat them 3-0 great game and night.

Also saw us get stuffed in Barca when we could not field Schmiceal because of the foriegners rule and Romario ,,,,,,Bruce and pallister :lol:

Lets face it your lot the Arse, beat them in the Champions game not long ago!! :D

You'll win it even if you lose to Chelsea on Saturday. You'll clean up at Blackburn and at home to Blackpool (Tottenham and Bolton will have relegated them by then*).

Chelsea will slaughter the Toon at home but one of the last places I would want to go on the last day of the season, other than Old Trafford is Goodison Park; too much passion there, too many good players coming back into that side with a chance for a final hurrah! Draw at best.

Draw on Saturday and you could open a bottle of Asti in advance of the Bolly.

*along with Wigan and Wolves - I fancy WHam to win their last two games at home v Blackburn and Sunderland

Big European game tonight,lets hope the lads do us proud and we get to Wembley to play the best team in the world ever! :rolleyes:

What will be interesting is ....can Scalke play as badly again?

United team will be a little different from Sunday and should include Fletcher.

VDS

RAFEAL

VIDIC

SMALLING/FERDINAND

EVRA

NANI

SCHOLES

FLETCHER/CARRICK

GIGGS/VALENCIA

BERBATOV

OWEN/HERNANDEZ

Manchester United's shadow squad secured a repeat of their 2009 Champions League final with Barcelona by the way of their 4 : 1 victory over Schalke 04.

First-half goals from Antonio Valencia and Darron Gibson ensured there was no way back for Schalke, who were already two goals down from the first leg, and a late double from Anderson completed a handsome victory.

"Congratulations to Manchester United on qualifying for the final," said Schalke's manager, Ralf Rangnick. "It was a deserved victory in both games; they were the better team."