Manchester United

redrus

Come on boys forget Real Madrid you have a massive game to win today against the mighty Newcastle United do you think that you can do it today ,or will Newcastle be to strong for you with all our world class players.

Mate you have Cheik Tiote must serve a one-match ban after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against QPR, while Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring), Steven Taylor (hamstring), Yohan Cabaye (groin) and Ryan Taylor (knee) all remain out of action

So i am confident we will do the job 3-0 man united about time we kept a clean sheet.

A quick word to say i hope Robins ok after that life threatening incident.

My heart skipped a beat as i saw him collapse then i realised it wasn't a scud missile or even a lump of concrete...it was a football <deleted>!!!!

Shame ferguson wasn't so outraged when Keane put the stubs down on a players knee to deliberately try to cripple him.

For such a great manager he really does make such a tit of himself. You dropped two points...Get over it!

My heart skipped a beat as i saw him collapse then i realised it wasn't a scud missile or even a lump of concrete...it was a football <deleted>!!!!

Shame ferguson wasn't so outraged when Keane put the stubs down on a players knee to deliberately try to cripple him.

For such a great manager he really does make such a tit of himself. You dropped two points...Get over it!

Mate agree fergie may have gone a bit to far this time, but this happened for real biggrin.png

98 years ago today, the German & British troops brought a temporary ceasefire to the Great War and had a game of football out on no-man's land.

The fighting resumed when somebody was killed after being hit on the head with the football.

My heart was in my hands when Torres headed in the opning goal against Villa. He could have died with such an impact! whistling.gif

Apparently the FA are thinking of banning heading the ball due to the injury it could cause and after what ole red nose said about the Van Persie incident can we take it that he doesn't like boxing !!!!

My heart was in my hands when Torres headed in the opning goal against Villa. He could have died with such an impact! whistling.gif

Apparently the FA are thinking of banning heading the ball due to the injury it could cause and after what ole red nose said about the Van Persie incident can we take it that he doesn't like boxing !!!!

It was an insult to football Alf very similar to the four minutes injury time at our game at Old trafford this season. Funny he dropped points that game too the stupid old fart

The "lucky to be alive" comments were a bit daft i agree, but imagine that someone with a bit of form had done what Williams did. Had it been say Barton, Suarez or Rooney, kicking a ball from point blank range into someone's head. Don't you think there would be a clamour for issuing of a ban? Right now most of the comments seem to be along the lines of, "he was just a bit frustrated and i'm sure he didn't mean it", so the idea seems to be we all give him the benefit of the doubt. Looking at video replays, i'm not so sure he deserves it. Supporters want more consistency with refereeing. Isn't part of achieving that goal not penalising players because of the name on the back of their shirt, and conversely, not letting others get away with murder?... not literally murder of course!

P.S. Merry Christmas carmine and Merry Christmas to all on the United thread, Nev, Mr Red, Redrus, Ken, Sparkles, Toadie, Big Toe... and of course all the other idiots from the other clubs. For the most part, a great bunch on here.. thanks for some great friendly banter this year chaps.

• Like 2

The "lucky to be alive" comments were a bit daft i agree, but imagine that someone with a bit of form had done what Williams did. Had it been say Barton, Suarez or Rooney, kicking a ball from point blank range into someone's head. Don't you think there would be a clamour for issuing of a ban? Right now most of the comments seem to be along the lines of, "he was just a bit frustrated and i'm sure he didn't mean it", so the idea seems to be we all give him the benefit of the doubt. Looking at video replays, i'm not so sure he deserves it. Supporters want more consistency with refereeing. Isn't part of achieving that goal not penalising players because of the name on the back of their shirt, and conversely, not letting others get away with murder?... not literally murder of course!

P.S. Merry Christmas carmine and Merry Christmas to all on the United thread, Nev, Mr Red, Redrus, Ken, Sparkles, Toadie, Big Toe... and of course all the other idiots from the other clubs. For the most part, a great bunch on here.. thanks for some great friendly banter this year chaps.

You too mate and a happy new year to all.

This a nice gesture by Real Madrid when they won the European cup in 1958.

Real Madrid won the European Cup in 1958 but immediately after winning it, they wanted the trophy to be given to Manchester United who were struck by the Munich Air Tragedy. The request was denied but Real Madrid still went on to dedicate the trophy to the Busby Babes. To recover from the mental trauma, Madrid offered holidays in Spain to all United’s players. To help United recover, Real Madrid also played friendlies with Manchester United for 5 consecutive years fielding a full strength squad every time. They also offered Puskas and Di Stefano on year long loans to Manchester United but due to FA’s rulings, the move couldn’t be completed.

• Like 1

Come on boys forget Real Madrid you have a massive game to win today against the mighty Newcastle United do you think that you can do it today ,or will Newcastle be to strong for you with all our world class players.

Mate you have Cheik Tiote must serve a one-match ban after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against QPR, while Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring), Steven Taylor (hamstring), Yohan Cabaye (groin) and Ryan Taylor (knee) all remain out of action

So i am confident we will do the job 3-0 man united about time we kept a clean sheet.

Tongue in cheek post by me i dont like to say it but yes at least 3-0 to you.
  • Like 1

Not that I think it would happen, but how would you guys feel if you bought Ronaldo back for £122m?

Well i think he will come back to us but the money is the stumbling block, i would be over the moon if he comes back but i will wait for it to happen before i get excited, but the prospect of Rooney Ronaldo RVP and Bebe in the same team is a mouth watering prospect.

Yeah Taggart won't be needing this today

post-102811-0-30361300-1356521935_thumb.

Not that I think it would happen, but how would you guys feel if you bought Ronaldo back for £122m?

Well i think he will come back to us but the money is the stumbling block, i would be over the moon if he comes back but i will wait for it to happen before i get excited, but the prospect of Rooney Ronaldo RVP and Bebe in the same team is a mouth watering prospect.

Naturally you would want him back, but for £122m?

'Rooney, Ronaldo, RVP and Bebe'. Is this a child's game of spot the odd one out? Lol. Bebe. 555555

very good match against an underpowered Manu, I must disagree with the second NC goal, the lines man was correct in calling the offside, Evans was attempting to defend against offside Cisse so Cisse was influencing the game, if evans had missed the ball it would have fallen at offside Cisse's feet - to say he had no influence is just not right - the ref was wrong

Hats off to NC they played a stellar game and was very entertaining

"A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his own team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or

interfering with an opponent or

gaining an advantage by being in that position"

Was he gaining an advantage by being behind Johnny Evans or in front of De Gea? Very debatable I agree, but I think Dean was entitled (and well-positioned) to judge that Johhny Evans was no less likely to slice the ball into his own net whether Cisse was standing next to him in an onside position or behind him. De Gea was well-sighted throughout. I prefer to see attackers being given the benefit of the doubt.

Where the frig did 4 minutes stoppage time come from??? There was not one injury in that second 45 minutes

[/quo

They add on for subs, and a goal scored not just for injuries. i think 30 seconds each time, so 4 mins about right to me?

What a cracking game it was though - end to end stuff.

I'm off to get new batteries put into my pacemaker as it got slightly over-worked last night. biggrin.png

I Still can't understand why Fergie's starts both Giggs & Scholes in the same team. (But what would I know. huh.png )

Edited by LeungKen

Well exciting though that may have been, what a complete shambles it was too.

Fergie said post match that we showed wonderful Championship quality spirit. It's not quite how i would describe it! Letting in three goals at OT is a pretty sad indictment on the team, and it is hardly as if this is something new this season. We are leaking goals like they are going out of fashion. Yes we might be top of the table, but we're there due to scraping through half a season, and there is still half the season to go. We can't keep on playing this way. If we do, we are going to go through a run of games where we don't win 4-3, 5-4, but rather lose 3-4, 4-5. At this rate a seven point gap is going to be useless. We need like 20 points to stand a chance. Ridiculous.

And it wasn't only the defence that was out of sorts last night, all over the pitch we lacked craft, vision and creativity. Far too many misplaced passes and crosses. Slick one touch football seems a thing of the past right now. Most of our goals come from set pieces where we take advantage of goal mouth melees, slack defending and a bit of all important luck. We need to be able to score in open play too. Along with keeping clean sheets, it's a skill we seem to have lost.

De Gea can't seem to get through a game without doing something a bit daft. Palming the ball out straight towards a Newcastle player was one of his more costly blunders last night.

Rio lost his concentration a few times, as per usual. Scholes and Carrick guilty of that too.

Who actually played well? RVP was pretty sharp, and Evra was good too i thought - having been written off earlier in the season with the appearance of Butner, he really seems to be back to his best. Yes he still sometimes attacks at the expense of defending, but i think it is worth it with him. His attacks down the wing can really open things up.

As for the own goal, firstly have to say that SAF made a right royal tit of himself after half time with all that harranging of the ref and officials. Dean should have taken action against him, if for no other reason than to save him from himself.

The fact is, had the flag never gone up, everyone, including SAF, would have accepted it as an own goal. But as it did go up, it created all this fake hope that it wouldn't count. Daft.

There might of been a case for disallowing had the Newcastle player been tugging on Evans, but it was actually quite the opposite. I guess there is an argument that had the Newcastle player not been in front of Evans, Evans would not have needed to try and clear the ball, but whereas before it always used to be simply a case of whether the offside player is interfering with play, nowadays it seems to be more along the lines of the offside player actually either coming into contact with the ball or coming into contact with a player. All a bit confusing but at the end of day, with decisions that aren't clear cut like that, best to just accept what the ref decides and get on with the game.

On to the next game on Saturday... anybody know what is going on with the likes of Rooney, Welbeck, Young, Jones, Kagawa, Powell? How far away from playing? We could do with a lot of them, if not to start, at least to have on the bench. Cleverly was all we had in an attacking sense on it last night. Thought he did quite well when he came on, but we need more of a goal threat on the bench.

"A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his own team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or

interfering with an opponent or

gaining an advantage by being in that position"

Was he gaining an advantage by being behind Johnny Evans or in front of De Gea? Very debatable I agree, but I think Dean was entitled (and well-positioned) to judge that Johhny Evans was no less likely to slice the ball into his own net whether Cisse was standing next to him in an onside position or behind him. De Gea was well-sighted throughout. I prefer to see attackers being given the benefit of the doubt.

To be fair SS, Evans was less likely to want to smash the ball away if Cisses wasn't behind him ! but thats no excuse for Red nose to act like a ten year old retard, how i despise that man, if my old man behaved like that i would disown him or have him sectioned,still i suppose we can hope that he carries on like that,has a heart attack and dies, then i will get the champagne out, Happy days 4.gif

A 7 point cushion is very comfortable, but you have conceded the most goals in the top half of the table!

True but we score more, it is like saying what ever you score we will score more, we never give up and teams know that.

Our defense is shocking, but we have the firepower to get us the points, yes 7 points is a good cushion but so was 8 points last season, this season we are stronger so we will not slip up again.

To be fair SS, Evans was less likely to want to smash the ball away if Cisses wasn't behind him ! but thats no excuse for Red nose to act like a ten year old retard, how i despise that man, if my old man behaved like that i would disown him or have him sectioned,still i suppose we can hope that he carries on like that,has a heart attack and dies, then i will get the champagne out, Happy days 4.gif

What a sad and bitter post that is to be making over the festive period.

A 7 point cushion is very comfortable, but you have conceded the most goals in the top half of the table!

True but we score more, it is like saying what ever you score we will score more, we never give up and teams know that.

Our defense is shocking, but we have the firepower to get us the points, yes 7 points is a good cushion but so was 8 points last season, this season we are stronger so we will not slip up again.

Compared to last season, we've gone forward in some parts of the pitch and backwards in others. As a whole, i don't agree that we are stronger. Unless things change, i rather think our success this season depends on City and Chelsea continuing to blow hot and cold. If they go on a run we'll likely be in trouble. I did say though, "unless things change", and maybe they will. We certainly have the makings of a good side.

Bebe?!!! Would you be using him as the ball? Just saying because he can't play football.

What a sad and bitter post that is to be making over the festive period.

Yes, but not as sad as his behaviour over the festive season ! bitter about what ? having a senile old man running our club !