Manchester United

redrus

Yawn

For once we agree 100%.

Hahaha, wink.png

I've had a PM, is this a normal occurrence from this fella...?

redrus

Yes he is lonely rus ...he mailed me also! biggrin.png

Lads, imagine what he will be like if madrid win 109.gif

Actually don't worry, you won't see it as you don't come on here the day after a loss 4.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Wayne Rooney: Unfulfilled talent and past his best?

by henryjackson on February 25, 2013 soccerlens.com

When 16 year old Wayne Rooney scored

against Arsenal in 2002, he was being lauded as the most exciting young player on the planet. He was going to be the man who would win England the World Cup, be the best player in the world and be the finest footballer ever to represent his country.

Just over a decade later, though, and Rooney has not lived up to these expectations and, in the eyes of many lately, is arguably past his peak.

At 27, Wayne Rooney should be in his absolute prime, but he seems to have lost a slight edge to his game these days. The genius that he once possessed and produced on a regular basis has now been replaced by a ruthless efficiency on the pitch.

<snipped>

His performance last night demonstrated to me once again that whilst he has undoubtedly failed to climb to the heights that might have been expected when he arrived, he does have an excellent all-round game, he works tirelessly with a fantastic work ethic,he plays totally for the team, not just for himself, and is incredibly selfless about setting up other players to score. Players like this make up the backbone of a team, and are very hard to come by.

Anyone else think that Anderson looks unfit?

Thought Welbeck really helped change things up when he came on. Think you'd be hard pressed to find a player better with his back to goal. Great footwork and holds the ball up really well.

Carrick has really come on leaps and bounds this season. Great accuracy to his passes and always looking for positive play.

RVP seems to have gone off the boil a bit of late. Hoping mid-week he is back firing on all cylinders. Should be a great night.

Welbeck is the 'new' Hesley in so far as he's awkward and unsettles defenders with his 'gangliness' (if I may invent a word). He's got bags of pace and will be a really handy 'impact' sub.

That Kagawa is some player and had the Japanese on our estate up all night. His finishe for the second goal was sublime. I'd just have walloped it which is why I've not been able to get a game here in 8 years.

Nice to see that Judas **** Holt get owned and the scumball Lambert too, and the less said about Le F***dre the better...but that's just my personal hatred of the Judas scum.

Carry on....

Wayne Rooney: Unfulfilled talent and past his best?

by henryjackson on February 25, 2013 soccerlens.com

When 16 year old Wayne Rooney scored

against Arsenal in 2002, he was being lauded as the most exciting young player on the planet. He was going to be the man who would win England the World Cup, be the best player in the world and be the finest footballer ever to represent his country.

Just over a decade later, though, and Rooney has not lived up to these expectations and, in the eyes of many lately, is arguably past his peak.

At 27, Wayne Rooney should be in his absolute prime, but he seems to have lost a slight edge to his game these days. The genius that he once possessed and produced on a regular basis has now been replaced by a ruthless efficiency on the pitch.

<snipped>

His performance last night demonstrated to me once again that whilst he has undoubtedly failed to climb to the heights that might have been expected when he arrived, he does have an excellent all-round game, he works tirelessly with a fantastic work ethic,he plays totally for the team, not just for himself, and is incredibly selfless about setting up other players to score. Players like this make up the backbone of a team, and are very hard to come by.

Anyone else think that Anderson looks unfit?

Thought Welbeck really helped change things up when he came on. Think you'd be hard pressed to find a player better with his back to goal. Great footwork and holds the ball up really well.

Carrick has really come on leaps and bounds this season. Great accuracy to his passes and always looking for positive play.

RVP seems to have gone off the boil a bit of late. Hoping mid-week he is back firing on all cylinders. Should be a great night.

I wonder if Carrick is Utd's most underated player outside of Old Trafford.

Martin Jol pretty much much built our team around him bacy in '04 i think it was. I also can't understand why over the years he's been so overlooked by the England management. i haven't looked at these stats but thats the way it looks to me

and the less said about Le F***dre the better...but that's just my personal hatred of the Judas scum.

Hardly Judas to be fair HD. His decision has shown to be correct as he is now playing in the prem instead of still playing at Rochdale.

In all seriousness, the way he took his second goal was sublime. I'm watching it again now and my word, I'd have given it some welly but he just strokes it in....

MrB..how about 'Rooney's sh*t and finished"?

Imagine a Dale front 3 of Lambert, Holt and LeFondre....thumbsup.gif

HD, I don't remember me ever saying Rooney is sh*t and finished. I just wouldn't swap him for any of our current players in that position.

What current players! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I'd respond but.............I haven't a clue what your saying blink.png

I think it must be HD's birthday.

He's being allowed to play on the computer all day and trying out his new drum kit. biggrin.png

Another birthday!! I bumped into HD a couple of months ago and it seemed like it was his birthday then. He didn't make it out for the evening session. biggrin.png

• Like 1

In all seriousness, the way he took his second goal was sublime. I'm watching it again now and my word, I'd have given it some welly but he just strokes it in....

It was indeed a smart goal... kind of reminded me of a tennis shot when you play it cross court and wrong foot your opponent. Trick them successfully enough and it doesn't even have to be particularly well hit.

I'd respond but.............I haven't a clue what your saying blink.png

It's easy biggrin.png what current players would you not trade Rooney for in that position smile.png

I don't think that was what HD was saying because I had already stated that I wouldn't swap any of them. So, if there's a particular word in that sentence you do not fully understand, please point it out and I will explain it further.

This is a public message to Jayroo, sunbeam, if you've anything of worth to add, then do it in the public eye. I have absolutely no intention of getting into some school boy slanging match with you. I will however, if I deem you worthy enough or, indeed funny enough enter into endless inane banter with you, right here. PM to me, means Private Message, messages between me and my pals or something important that needs to be said privately, your messages aren't private, they're just daft. redrus

RED just say what he said we will back you hit-the-fan.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

BTbiggrin.png

This is a public message to Jayroo, sunbeam, if you've anything of worth to add, then do it in the public eye. I have absolutely no intention of getting into some school boy slanging match with you. I will however, if I deem you worthy enough or, indeed funny enough enter into endless inane banter with you, right here. PM to me, means Private Message, messages between me and my pals or something important that needs to be said privately, your messages aren't private, they're just daft. redrus

BTbiggrin.png

Honestly BT, its not worth it, seriously...... Really childish stuff that I'd be embarrassed to repeat, even though I didn't say it...

redrus

• Like 1

BTbiggrin.png

Honestly BT, its not worth it, seriously...... Really childish stuff that I'd be embarrassed to repeat, even though I didn't say it...

redrus

Okay mate NO PROBLEM... IN LOS at present but back to God's Country soon smile.png

BT

• Like 1