Manchester United

redrus

quote from BBC (and exactly what most have been saying here)

Retired referee Dermot Gallagher on BBC Radio 5 live: "[The

decision was] harsh to say the least, but in fairness the Real player did Nani

no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly

not the ribs as the guy has gone down and shown.

He said "harsh" but not unjust. Many decisions are harsh and it's usually against the teams who are playing United. I am just sooooo happy that this ref made a decision that he believed in and did what he thought was right. This is not a Prem League Ref who is intimidated and scared to death of the backlash he may get from Fergie and United.

And the World saddo wink.png

Do you disagree with your captain Vincent Company?

Edited by MrRed

We had a game plan and defended very well you cannot do that at this level with a man down so the decision ruined the game and any chance United had.

So it's the refs fault because he ruined your game plan. In your game plan did it include Nani shoving his studs into the oppositions chest?

>

Wellbeck has years ahead of him at the top for United and England and Rafeal gets better and stronger every

game.

Yep. I'll agree with that. I'm getting more convinced with Wellbeck the more I see of him.

I think you should go and play with the scousers like a good boy today.......now run along and be a sport. biggrin.png

You don't like it when you lose do you. You normally come on the City thread posting what you precieve to be funny pictures. You can run along like a slapped boy if you like but I'm having a Whale of a time on here today MrRed, so I think I'll stick around. biggrin.png

no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly

He said "harsh" but not unjust. Many decisions are harsh and it's usually against the teams who are playing United. I am just sooooo happy that this ref made a decision that he believed in and did what he thought was right. This is not a Prem League Ref who is intimidated and scared to death of the backlash he may get from Fergie and United.

As I said ealier. It all gets subjective when seeing slow mo and re-runs up the ying yang. Vinny can say what he wants but the ref gave a red. The main point is that as much as you lot want to use it as an excuse, the ref didn't give a dodgy penalty or a goal that shouldn't have been and Nani, if still on the pitch, wouldn't have saved those two goals.

Really good game until the sending off,i thought the first half was engrossing and at moments end to end action and chances for both teams.

We had a game plan and defended very well you cannot do that at this level with a man down so the decision ruined the game and any chance United had.

Wellbeck has years ahead of him at the top for United and England and Rafeal gets better and stronger every game.

Good luck to Madrid.

Madrid would have equalized even with nani on the pitch, it may have gone to extra-time but I'm confident in saying Madrid would've won either way, they are the better team.

As I said ealier. It all gets subjective when seeing slow mo and re-runs up the ying yang. Vinny can say what he wants but the ref gave a red. The main point is that as much as you lot want to use it as an excuse, the ref didn't give a dodgy penalty or a goal that shouldn't have been and Nani, if still on the pitch, wouldn't have saved those two goals.

Absolute shocker of a post...if i was a mod i would delete it as it shows your knowledge of football at the highest level is void......eleven against ten is massive at the top you know. wink.png

You seem to forget Sumrit that most of the ABUs commenting with such authority and certainty on what happened last night didn't even watch the game. Seen a few video clips and made note of a few selective quotes that they like, and that's all they need... off they go...

Foolishly and stupidly i actually thought on this thread today the overwhelming sentiment would have been along the lines of "fair play to United, hate them as i do, they played really well and could easily of won if not for that absurd decision". I clearly underestimated just how deep the bitterness runs.

I really think a very large part of the vitriol is directed towards Ferguson not the team. (I hope thats the case anyway because if they were my team i would have been proud of the performance last night.) People despise the man for the manner in which he has sought to manipulate bully, cheat the referees and theres a feeling of serves you right, live by the sword etc etc etc.

Believe me, you have to be a Utd fan to look at him in any other way than a thoroughly unpleasant bullying prick of a man.

• Like 1

You seem to forget Sumrit that most of the ABUs commenting with such authority and certainty on what happened last night didn't even watch the game. Seen a few video clips and made note of a few selective quotes that they like, and that's all they need... off they go...

Foolishly and stupidly i actually thought on this thread today the overwhelming sentiment would have been along the lines of "fair play to United, hate them as i do, they played really well and could easily of won if not for that absurd decision". I clearly underestimated just how deep the bitterness runs.

I really think a very large part of the vitriol is directed towards Ferguson not the team. (I hope thats the case anyway because if they were my team i would have been proud of the performance last night.) People despise the man for the manner in which he has sought to manipulate bully, cheat the referees and theres a feeling of serves you right, live by the sword etc etc etc.

Believe me, you have to be a Utd fan to look at him in any other way than a thoroughly unpleasant bullying prick of a man.

As a Madrid fan the ref made a wise and spot on decision..1zgarz5.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifclap2.gif

Absolute shocker of a post...if i was a mod i would delete it as it shows your knowledge of football at the highest level is void......eleven against ten is massive at the top you know. wink.png

Sorry Red, I bow to your superiority. As I said before, we had ten men against Arsenal at the Emirates and still won. Going down to ten men when you are 1-0 up at your "Theatre of Dreams" shouldn't be the end of the world and blaming the ref for the loss just shows United's lack of class in defeat.

• Like 1

Sorry Red, I bow to your superiority. As I said before, we had ten men against Arsenal at the Emirates and still won. Going down to ten men when you are 1-0 up at your "Theatre of Dreams" shouldn't be the end of the world and blaming the ref for the loss just shows United's lack of class in defeat.

beatdeadhorse.gif

I would agree with you if the red card was justified, it's a whole different "ball game" when a player gets sent of for unjust reason - it destroys moral in the whole team and creates an unpleasant atmosphere - the ground swell of opinion is the ref was wrong - it is that simple

and it ruined an absolute cracker of a game

• Like 1

I would agree with you if the red card was justified, it's a whole different "ball game" when a player gets sent of for unjust reason - it destroys moral in the whole team and creates an unpleasant atmosphere - the ground swell of opinion is the ref was wrong - it is that simple

oh shut up with the red card already, as a professional team (as I assume united are), they are trained to deal with 10 men, and even 9 men situations, if not then fergie is an idiot. they are professionals, so don't use this the card destroyed moral BS, pplluuueeaaseseeeee!!!

Absolute shocker of a post...if i was a mod i would delete it as it shows your knowledge of football at the highest level is void......eleven against ten is massive at the top you know.

oh shut up with the red card already, as a professional team (as I assume united are), they are trained to deal with 10 men, and even 9 men situations, if not then fergie is an idiot. they are professionals, so don't use this the card destroyed moral BS, pplluuueeaaseseeeee!!!

Why...?

redrus

Hypothetically, supposing that Madrid was reduced to ten men at that point in the game that we were, do you seriously think that they would have gone on to win... and had they not, would you have seriously been on here today blaming Mourinho for the loss and for not being professional? Do me a favour...

• Like 1

post-102811-0-08573300-1362565591_thumb.

It seems some Liverpool fans have forgotten Carraghers leg splitter, on Nani himself. Studs up, foul play, my arse....! redrus

I remember him crying

Strange boy... :-/

redrus

How come the ref was different, just been reminded that the ref at The Bernabao was a German...?!?!

Don't we usually have the same over both legs.

redrus

Ps, not looking for excuses

BTW. This is the same ref who sent off Mario Ballotelli when we played Dynamo Kiev in 2011.

Guess what. We still won 1-0

Seriously... Tut tut, Dynamo Kiev.

He he he you're a funny guy ;)

redrus

That simply isn't true. I'm no United fan but if people knew the half of what a decent bloke he can be off the pitch, they'd probably have a slightly less insulting (and vacuous) opinion.

No they wouldn't !!!! you can only form an opinion of someone on what you see in front of you.

Edited by alfieconn

That simply isn't true. I'm no United fan but if people knew the half of what a decent bloke he can be off the pitch, they'd probably have a slightly less insulting (and vacuous) opinion.

No they wouldn't !!!! you can only form an opinion of someone on what you see in front of you.

And most people embellish on that quite a bit too though don't they.

SAF has never drunk Whisky for example, red wine only. Then I suppose 'ol red wine nose' doesn't have the same ring to it.

redrus

"I can't reiterate enough that he [Nani] is watching the ball over his

shoulder, there was no malice in him. At worst it was a yellow for dangerous

play, but if I was refereeing that game I cannot see by what stretch of the

imagination I would have sent him off for that."

Of course Nani would never have resorted to the histrionics shown by the Real player,were the situation reversed.

Of course Nani would never have resorted to the histrionics shown by the Real player,were the situation reversed.

And neither would Drogba, Torres, Suarez, Ronaldo, et al, et al, et al...... Everyones at it mate, lets not roll out the same old lines. Nani is a dick, we know he is but, stones and glass houses fella. If he was the only one, fair does but, come on.......

redrus

and the rest

Everton manager David Moyes on BBC Radio 5 live: "I think

tonight Sir Alex Ferguson will be rightly as angry as he has ever been. The

decision changed the game. I am looking from a manager's point of view and

Manchester United have had a hard time tonight. I think they have a right to

surround the referee. The decision was poor and it has cost them the biggest

prize in football."

Former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Dietmar Hamann on Sky Sports:

"He wants to bring it down, I think no Real Madrid player expected it,

nobody was claiming a red card. He didn't see him he didn't mean to do it, it's

not even a booking."

Telegraph correspondent Henry Winter on Radio 5 live: "I

actually thought the initial perpetrator was Arbeloa, who looked like he thought

he had a free hit at Nani and was going to take it."

What is Moyes going on about? That was a quarter final with the 'biggest prize in football' still a long way off.

Edited by oldgit

I agree, were the situation reversed, i'm sure he would have done, and had the Real Madrid player been sent off, and had Real Madrid gone on to lose the game, how many posts would there of been on here today defending his actions, defending the actions of the ref, and arguing that Real Madrid really only had themselves to blame? Come on mate....there would have been an uproar, and rightly so.

• Like 2