Manchester United

redrus

very easy to say in retro, but should have fergie changed the team around after the red? Golden balls, had a little look and brought modric on,changed the game and arguably won it 4 won him, ?, fergie by waiting, seemed he handed the psychological advantage over to the madrid team?? by the time he made changes they'de gone from a winning position to a losing position, tbh i reckon the red card had as much effect on fergie as it did on the team.

Edited by rijit

very easy to say in retro, but should have fergie changed the team around after the red? Golden balls, had a little look and brought modric on,changed the game and arguably won it 4 won him, ?, fergie by waiting, seemed he handed the psychological advantage over to the madrid team?? by the time he made changes they'de gone from a winning position to a losing position, tbh i reckon the red card had as much effect on fergie as it did on the team.

Good point, well made. Thought about that too.

I think Rooney and Kagawa subbed on around the same time as the Modric change, would/may have dug us something out.

Ho hum, ours is not to question SAF, just wish we could advise sometimes, though also in hindsight, if Ronnie was emotional about the game and rightly so, I reckon SAF may well have let the emotion of the red card affect his decision making too.... Just a thought....

redrus

To be honest my fellow Reds the ABU'S are out in force today even old posters and people that should know better have been spouting some <deleted>!the only one that has had a fair view and review being Carmine surprisingly.

Let them all wallow in there hatred of us because come May we will have the last laugh again laugh.png what last nights game proved is we are not behind the two giants of Spain and are justified in being proud of the manager and squad that we have at our disposal.

Really disappointed last night but on reflection maybe we just didn't do enough in the first leg to get the edge we needed at OT,still another big game at the weekend and a big derby game to come smile.png

violin.gifviolin.gifviolin.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

To be honest my fellow Reds the ABU'S are out in force today even old posters and people that should know better have been spouting some <deleted>!the only one that has had a fair view and review being Carmine surprisingly.

Let them all wallow in there hatred of us because come May we will have the last laugh again laugh.png what last nights game proved is we are not behind the two giants of Spain and are justified in being proud of the manager and squad that we have at our disposal.

Really disappointed last night but on reflection maybe we just didn't do enough in the first leg to get the edge we needed at OT,still another big game at the weekend and a big derby game to come smile.png

violin.gifviolin.gifviolin.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Is that the orchestra for the fat lady? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

it is your opinion that Nani knew he was there - not shared by me and many others, Nani was looking the other way at the incomming ball

I'm not saying it was an overhead kick but simply applying the principal that a player peforming an OHK will not be aware of a defenders head coming in hard behind him

arbeloa had full view of the situation and IMO put himself in danger, Nani put his foot up to bring the approaching ball to the ground and under his control arbeloa did nothing to avoid the collision

the ref got it wrong and that fact is obvious

"put himself in danger"? where does this nonsense come from? there would be no "danger" were one player not recklessly sticking his studs five feet in the air.

the ref correctly implemented the laws of the game. that is the only "fact" here.

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

what bit of the law being implemented correctly are people having trouble with here?

are you saying that no player should be allowed to lift his foot above a certain height - please explain

still waiting for SH to explain this i.e. when it's allowed or not allowed

i'm not going to explain the laws of the game to you mate. they're clear enough.

Believe me, you have to be a Utd fan to look at him in any other way than a thoroughly unpleasant bullying prick of a man.

That simply isn't true. I'm no United fan but if people knew the half of what a decent bloke he can be off the pitch, they'd probably have a slightly less insulting (and vacuous) opinion.

apparently he's a lovely bloke away from the game. i know several people who've met him, including liverpool supporters, who've all said he's charm and friendliness personified. which makes you wonder how he squares that with being such a monumental <deleted> with referees, other teams, other teams' fans, the media, other teams' players, his own players and indeed everyone even remotely anything to do with football. he is a bully. but then there are plenty of charming bullies aren't there?

• Like 1

I think Rooney and Kagawa subbed on around the same time as the Modric change, would/may have dug us something out.

Ho hum, ours is not to question SAF, just wish we could advise sometimes, though also in hindsight, if Ronnie was emotional about the game and rightly so, I reckon SAF may well have let the emotion of the red card affect his decision making too.... Just a thought....

redrus

thought the unusual amount of class and grace displayed by mourinho after the match was very much him lining himself up for mister ferguson's job myself.

You seem to forget Sumrit that most of the ABUs commenting with such authority and certainty on what happened last night didn't even watch the game. Seen a few video clips and made note of a few selective quotes that they like, and that's all they need... off they go...

Foolishly and stupidly i actually thought on this thread today the overwhelming sentiment would have been along the lines of "fair play to United, hate them as i do, they played really well and could easily of won if not for that absurd decision". I clearly underestimated just how deep the bitterness runs.

I really think a very large part of the vitriol is directed towards Ferguson not the team. (I hope thats the case anyway because if they were my team i would have been proud of the performance last night.) People despise the man for the manner in which he has sought to manipulate bully, cheat the referees and theres a feeling of serves you right, live by the sword etc etc etc.

Believe me, you have to be a Utd fan to look at him in any other way than a thoroughly unpleasant bullying prick of a man.

And EVERY premier league chairman would love him to be Manager at their club-his record speaks for itself,dogmatic/intimidating/bullying its ALL part of man management sometimes-but you rarely see ex-players call him,there are many lower league managers also who have benefitted from his help/experience-but that,s a side of Fergie few outside the game see,instead prefering to accept what some of the media portray.There have been many great managers in football but this man is at the top of the tree-except of course to all the sad/jealous ABU,s arise Sir Alex and long may you reign clap2.gif

• Like 2

redrus

thought the unusual amount of class and grace displayed by mourinho after the match was very much him lining himself up for mister ferguson's job myself.

I agree, I really still just cannot see it. SAF isn't giving up anytime soon anyway, not after last night...!!

Really good game until the sending off,i thought the first half was engrossing and at moments end to end action and chances for both teams.

We had a game plan and defended very well you cannot do that at this level with a man down so the decision ruined the game and any chance United had.

Wellbeck has years ahead of him at the top for United and England and Rafeal gets better and stronger every game.

Good luck to Madrid.

Madrid would have equalized even with nani on the pitch, it may have gone to extra-time but I'm confident in saying Madrid would've won either way, they are the better team.

Madrid were the better team when they had one more man on the pitch than we did. Up until the sending off, a good 150 minutes into the tie, there was really nothing between the two teams, and Ronaldo had not ripped United apart, as you said he would. If you can't admit that and if you can't admit the sending off was a joke that heavily contributed to your win, you are obviously one of those sorts of fans with which anything remotely resembling an intelligent and respectful exchange of opinions is clearly impossible.

sorry who scored the winner?

oh shut up with the red card already, as a professional team (as I assume united are), they are trained to deal with 10 men, and even 9 men situations, if not then fergie is an idiot. they are professionals, so don't use this the card destroyed moral BS, pplluuueeaaseseeeee!!!

Hypothetically, supposing that Madrid was reduced to ten men at that point in the game that we were, do you seriously think that they would have gone on to win... and had they not, would you have seriously been on here today blaming Mourinho for the loss and for not being professional? Do me a favour...

Oh hell yes I would think they would've gone through had it been 10 vs 10, without a shadow of a doubt., I would blame the whole team and manager had they lost, not the ref, as Madrid should've won it at the bernabeu, they played rubbish and fell for fergie's ugly negative defensive football.

redrus

I agree, I really still just cannot see it. SAF isn't giving up anytime soon anyway, not after last night...!!

it was interesting last week (i think?) to hear gary neville say what no other pundit or ex-pro is saying - that ferguson will basically carry on until he drops. those waiting for him to retire probably don't really know or understand him. what the hell else would he do? play golf?

redrus

Agree

What with the potential this squad has and all the youngsters still needing a good run in the team to show if they will cut the mustard he still has a plenty of graft to do.

Interesting that Smalling Jones Buttner,Powell and now Zaha will join the already shown quality of De Gea,Rafael,Cleverly and Wellbeck a great and solid group of young upcoming Internationals that can learn with the experienced group of players we also have.

The future is good thumbsup.gif

laugh.png what last nights game proved is we are not behind the two giants of Spain

And there's me thinking that Utd lost

You are f**cin embarrassing mate

So constructive 24.gif

It's difficult to be constructive with a dunce! cheesy.gif

Maybe if you stood in a round room it would be an improvement wink.png

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

laugh.png what last nights game proved is we are not behind the two giants of Spain

And there's me thinking that Utd lost 40.gif

they didn't lose, they were robbed. get with the program. according to david moyes the referee robbed them of the european cup. i didn't realise last night, half an hour to go, down to ten men and anything could happen, was actually the final.

What do you think he said to Fergie behind his hand?

"Do us a favour and let us know when to send the CV in".

Serious question to the united fans, how good is Rooney now?

For such an important game it is the norm to play your superstars, but no Rodney. Does this mean he is on the decline?

For such an important game it is the norm to play your superstars, but no Rodney. Does this mean he is on the decline?

Here we go Rooney in decline thread biggrin.png

Ferguson and Phelan said t was a tactical decision which was working well until the sending off so i wouldn't read much into it also he has not played that much lately due to injuries so he needs more games also.Rooney is still a quality footballer.

"Nani was high and did catch Arbeloa but, as per the rulebook, it is hard to make any case that he was using" "excessive force or brutality against an opponent" when excessive force means "the player has far exceeded the necessary force and is in danger of injuring his opponent".

BBC.

redrus

Ferguson and Phelan said t was a tactical decision which was working well until the sending off so i wouldn't read much into it also he has not played that much lately due to injuries so he needs more games also.Rooney is still a quality footballer.

I reckon he might be off Mr Red, whilst he still has enough quality that can command a decent transfer fee.

What exactly was that tactical decision?

Don't worry Red. If anybody starts that, I'll merge it with the United one. biggrin.png

redrus

it was interesting last week (i think?) to hear gary neville say what no other pundit or ex-pro is saying - that ferguson will basically carry on until he drops. those waiting for him to retire probably don't really know or understand him. what the hell else would he do? play golf?

I think SAF and the Queen are on a bet

"Nani was high and did catch Arbeloa but, as per the rulebook, it is hard to make any case that he was using" "excessive force or brutality against an opponent" when excessive force means "the player has far exceeded the necessary force and is in danger of injuring his opponent".

BBC.

redrus

After this i expect all scissor kicks or bicycle kicks and kicks above waist high to be a straight red as another player might be in vicinity well according to Roysten's thats what should happenbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Also Madrids keepers late punch to Vidics head well after he had headed the ball was never mentioned, just as dangerous as nani's limp legtongue.png should have been a straight red for there keeper that.

• Like 2

I reckon he might be off Mr Red, whilst he still has enough quality that can command a decent transfer fee.

What exactly was that tactical decision?

The tactical decision was he played Wellbeck behind Van Persie and to nullify Alonso which he did very well and used the pace of Wellbeck to counter when United attacked which he also did very well until the referee intervened.

In fact the tactics by Ferguson where spot on last night and the players did magnificent. Anything else i can help you with? smile.png

Edited by MrRed