Manchester United

redrus

Derby day would be perrrrrfect!!

Actually, I'm awaiting the daughters passport to come back from renewal. There is a chance I will be in Chaiyaphum on derby day and was wondering about where to watch it.

My placebiggrin.png not far maybe 1 hour awaywink.png and Mr red can come tootongue.png

Be afraid MrBOJ ! You'll drown in a torrent of red saliva, cascading down from a distant region inhabitated by a humongous shiny schnozz.biggrin.png

Actually, I'm awaiting the daughters passport to come back from renewal. There is a chance I will be in Chaiyaphum on derby day and was wondering about where to watch it.

My placebiggrin.png not far maybe 1 hour awaywink.png and Mr red can come tootongue.png

Cheers nev. Might take you up on that or we could maybe meet somewhere more neutral tongue.png

Be afraid MrBOJ ! You'll drown in a torrent of red saliva, cascading down from a distant region inhabitated by a humongous shiny schnozz.biggrin.png

Tis a worry indeed JD

I don't see managers being held accountable to the fans, when they play a weak team and go out of a competition.

Really? Thought thats why so many get the sack. Sounds pretty accountable to me.

Which big team manager has got the sack for playing a weakened team?

Why should refs be interviewd or answerable for their decisions?

I don't see managers being held accountable to the fans, when they play a weak team and go out of a competition.

Managers are held accountable to all sorts of people.. shareholders, CEOs, football associations... and even if they skip a few, they do have to give certain interviews and hold press conferences... as SAF is doing right this minute. And ultimately if they make enough bad decisions, they'll get sacked...

Really? Thought thats why so many get the sack. Sounds pretty accountable to me.

Which big team manager has got the sack for playing a weakened team?

Maybe not get the sack instantly for fielding a one-off weakened team but a run of poor performances will put them on a sticky wicket.

Additionally, the club can get fined from the FA for intentionally fielding a weakened team

Refs are often interviewed in Argentina. After matches and on football shows during the week. It is refreshing, and about the only positive thing I can think to say about how football in Argentina is handled. Not all refs agree to be interviewed however, and certainly it is not mandatory. Up to the ref. Some never interview at all, and others are gabby f_ckers.

Of course nothing justifies death threats against refs. That's totally stupid. But what does make the situation worse, is the way that after decisions like this, we never hear the ref explaining / justifying his decision, and we certainly never hear, refs holding up their hands and admitting that whilst they thought it was the correct decision at the time, in hindsight they now accept the decision was wrong. For some reason there seems to be a feeling that for a ref to come out and admit having made a mistake, it would be in some way undermining their position and their decision. I don't think it would. Refs are only human and of course they will make mistakes at times. Everyone knows that and everyone accepts that. It's part of the game. Refs remaining silent appears like some sort of effort to deny this, to sweep under the rug what we all know. If refs were held in some way accountable after games - not by being punished, but simply being made to explain their decisions and give their side of things, and even apologise if they feel it's appropriate - i think it would go an awful long way to calming situations.

It wasn't a mistake so get the ef over it, even Roy Keane said it was a RED!! sheesh!!

How convenient. Out of the dozens of people within football questioned on the incident over the last few days, you chose to name one of the very few who said it was a red. The vast majority said that it wasn't. The vast majority said it was at most a yellow. Why not quote all of those people? Ronaldo and Mourinho obviously thought it was a bad decision too judging by comments and body language. Why is it so difficult for you to accept that the ref made a mistake and that mistake gave "your" team a big advantage at a time when you were losing? Why is that such a difficult concession for you to make? Is your head really that deeply buried? Or are you that lacking in any sort of sporting grace? For goodness sake...

Why is it so difficult for you to accept it was a red card and united lost because of their lack of professionalism? The ref didn't award Madrid 2 automatic goals did he? stop blaming the ref and start to think what fergie and united should've done better.

Why should refs be interviewd or answerable for their decisions?

Managers are held accountable to all sorts of people.. shareholders, CEOs, football associations... and even if they skip a few, they do have to give certain interviews and hold press conferences... as SAF is doing right this minute. And ultimately if they make enough bad decisions, they'll get sacked...

AF could field 11 orangutans and still never get sacked.

• Like 1

in fact the decission was so bad in my opinion - either that ref should not involved in a game at that level or he should be investigated for possible match fixing - it was shocking and very suspect

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This says it all for me!!!

This ridiculous post, gets a Gold Star for popularity on the United forum!!

Priceless!!cheesy.gif

I take it you mean Sir A. F. ?

Sorry Mods if I did delete the wrong sxxt.

BT biggrin.png

I'll call him "Sir" when he behaves like a "Sir"

But frankly, for what he's achieved for Utd if he did choose to field eleven orangutans then as long as none of them kick a football at a players head and nearly kill them,w00t.gif then so be it. He's xearnt the right to pick who he wants and retire when he wants

• Like 1

How convenient. Out of the dozens of people within football questioned on the incident over the last few days, you chose to name one of the very few who said it was a red. The vast majority said that it wasn't. The vast majority said it was at most a yellow. Why not quote all of those people? Ronaldo and Mourinho obviously thought it was a bad decision too judging by comments and body language. Why is it so difficult for you to accept that the ref made a mistake and that mistake gave "your" team a big advantage at a time when you were losing? Why is that such a difficult concession for you to make? Is your head really that deeply buried? Or are you that lacking in any sort of sporting grace? For goodness sake...

Why is it so difficult for you to accept it was a red card and united lost because of their lack of professionalism? The ref didn't award Madrid 2 automatic goals did he? stop blaming the ref and start to think what fergie and united should've done better.

Don't know why i even bothered. You accused members of reporting you, and can't hold your hands up and admit you were wrong on that. You told everyone that Real Madrid were going to rip United apart, and you can't hold your hands up and admit you got that completely wrong. You joked about someone else not knowing what colour strips the teams were playing in, when it turned out you didn't actually know yourself, and all you did was accuse me of being pedantic for pointing it out.

Stupid of me to expect any sort of honesty from you on any matter regarding any of this.

Wow let me guess you work as a defense attorney? Or does being a stubborn, one eyed, biased grump come with being a united fan?

Yes exactly I joked! at a member not watching the same game, it had nothing to do with him not knowing the colour of the kits, btw they were wearing a dark kit closer to being black than green, so yeah you were being pedantic for having to say it had a green hue in it, I bet you didn't even know that until you started googling little insignificant things to throw out since you lost your arguement about the red card and utd's whole overall play.

By the way, Ronaldo did rip united's defense apart, he scored the winning goal. ;)

Better luck next year.

Edited by Jayroo

F could field 11 orangutans and still never get sacked.

BT biggrin.png

Wow he was knighted? for doing what? cheesy.gif

Winning football games!!!!!!!, pathetic really, shows the system 4 what it is !!!!!

BT biggrin.png

Doing what NO ENGLISH MANAGER has managed to do in all the History of the EPL - i.e. win IT NOT ONCE BUT ?? You tell me how many times...... maybe 12 ?????

Go away and stop jerk.gif every body OFF wai2.gif

BTsmile.png

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

in fact the decission was so bad in my opinion - either that ref should not involved in a game at that level or he should be investigated for possible match fixing - it was shocking and very suspect

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This says it all for me!!!

This ridiculous post, gets a Gold Star for popularity on the United forum!!

Priceless!!cheesy.gif

perhaps instead of coming in here and mouthing off you could do a little research about Turkey and it's football league including officials teams and refs - still being investigated, I wouldn't trust any ref from turkey - up to me

• Like 1

F could field 11 orangutans and still never get sacked.

BT biggrin.png

Winning football games!!!!!!!, pathetic really, shows the system 4 what it is !!!!!

So if Mourinho was British he'd be Sir Jose Mourinho.. laugh.png

haha Chelsea equalized, is the refs fault too? tongue.png

Why the ref's fault you tit, Chelsea well deserved draw and should have won, we was diabolical that 2nd half worst we have played all season.

• Like 1

haha Chelsea equalized, is the refs fault too? tongue.png

Why the ref's fault you tit, Chelsea well deserved draw and should have won, we was diabolical that 2nd half worst we have played all season.

Because they scored 2 goals like Madrid did, surely it has to be the referee's fault according to united fans' logic.

haha Chelsea equalized, is the refs fault too?

Because they scored 2 goals like Madrid did, surely it has to be the referee's fault according to united fans' logic.

Old news....try to keep up with the pace Jayroo! :D