Manchester United

redrus

Has anyone heard anything about Ferdinand being bought up before the FA for the assault on Torres ?

no action taken. good old level playing field.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/12/rio-ferdinand-fernando-torres-fa

From that article:-

Howard Webb, the referee, had his back turned when Ferdinand appeared to push and trip Torres but it is thought there was not enough video footage to make a definitive judgment.

Not enough video footage!! Are they for real. This is why the FA are a big joke. Everyone who watched the match clearly saw it and unusually even the United fans on here haven't come out in defence of Ferdinand. And yet what we all saw isn't enough for the FA.

Is there a possibility this could be another example of double standards? cheesy.gif back to the protection of premier league refs too eh Howard!! wai.gif

Edited by carmine

biggrin.png Ever noticed the deafening silence on this thread with regards to Ferguson's general standards of behaviour!

and yes, my theory of JoePublic being more anti-Ferguson than anti-Utd stands....and his charitable work, and any other good deeds you might care to advertise outside of football "Chicoq" is totally irrelevent.

As for the Ferdinand "incident"....whistling.gif Persumably Ferguson was too busy investigating manslaughter charges against the Swansea player for trying to kill van Persie to comment on Rio Ferdinand.

Whilst i appreciate there seems to be a degree of hypocrisy in SAF's previous comments on the Suarez hand shake incident, and his incident with Rafa, i think the two situations are a little different. The players hand shake is all part of a ceremonial business at the start of play. Agree with it or disagree with it, it's a stipulated event that all players are expected to participate in. If they don't want to participate in it, i guess they should speak to their manager and find a way around it - i'm sure they could if they really had to.

The manager's hand shake is however a much more casual affair, with no ceremony or pre-planned arrangements. If that wasn't the case, if say for example the two managers were expected to walk to the centre circle and shake hands and have their pictures taken, and SAF walked to the centre circle, stood in front of Rafa, Rafa outstretched his hand, and the SAF ignored it, turned around and walked away, well then he would have done something similar to what Suarez did, and the hypocrisy allegations would have a lot more substance.

I seem to recall a lot of people on here supported Suarez anyway in what he did. Said that the handshake business was a nonsense and that they wouldn't shake the hand of a <deleted> like Evra either. Are these the same people now saying that SAF was wrong to not shake hands with Rafa.... wouldn't surprise me..

My own feeling is that SAF should have shaken hands with Rafa. I don't know all the details of what went on however to know exactly who was snubbing who, or if they both snubbed each other. Heard that at the end of the game, Rafa made himself busy... was celebrating with his players apparently. Had SAF been intent on shaking it, sounds like he would have had to stand around and wait for Rafa to make himself available. Well he's hardly going to do that is he now.

With regards Rio, haven't a clue what he was thinking. Bizarre. Should have been punished. Had to laugh though when i heard the news from alfie above that it is now being described as an assault on Torres.

• Like 1

It just another example of pathetic double standards. The FA really are a spineless bunch of jokers. Utd don't need anymore help, they are what, 15 points clear?

Is it their way of showing solidarity and sympathy over the actions of a turkish referee? Wouldn't surprise me because theres no other reason i can think of why the video of Ferdinand wasn't evidence enough.

Has anyone heard anything about Ferdinand being bought up before the FA for the assault on Torres ?

no action taken. good old level playing field.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/12/rio-ferdinand-fernando-torres-fa

From that article:-

Howard Webb, the referee, had his back turned when Ferdinand appeared to push and trip Torres but it is thought there was not enough video footage to make a definitive judgment.

Not enough video footage!! Are they for real. This is why the FA are a big joke. Everyone who watched the match clearly saw it and unusually even the United fans on here haven't come out in defence of Ferdinand. And yet what we all saw isn't enough for the FA.

mister ferguson is very upset at the moment. and the FA are too spineless to risk upsetting him any further.

Spot On!!

Haha, the amount of anti United sentiment is unbelievable, you guys must wake up in a bitter mood everyday.tongue.png

Didn't you see enough evidence either?biggrin.png

I think his red tinted glasses have been tinted so much, he can't even see through them at all now. biggrin.png

• Like 1

biggrin.png Ever noticed the deafening silence on this thread with regards to Ferguson's general standards of behaviour!

and yes, my theory of JoePublic being more anti-Ferguson than anti-Utd stands....and his charitable work, and any other good deeds you might care to advertise outside of football "Chicoq" is totally irrelevent.

As for the Ferdinand "incident"....whistling.gif Persumably Ferguson was too busy investigating manslaughter charges against the Swansea player for trying to kill van Persie to comment on Rio Ferdinand.

With regards Rio, haven't a clue what he was thinking. Bizarre. Should have been punished. Had to laugh though when i heard the news from alfie above that it is now being described as an assault on Torres.

I'll tell you what Rixy, i'll come and do the same to you and then you can tell me what you call it 4.gif

'Kin 'ell...at least Rio hasn't put anyone's life at risk like a certain scar-faced Argie....

Oh <deleted>!!! So thats the second player this season to have had his life put at risk is it!

I didn't realise it was more dangerous than Afganistan now

• Like 1

The roads of Alderley Edge were a dangerous place with a banned driver driving around in his Porsche..but he don't understand English apparently so he'll he OK...

Read a paper or two laddie....

I didn't realise the FA dealt with driving offences now. Perhaps you should be posting your views on a police thread as it has no relevence whatsoever to football laddie.

I'll tell you what Rixy, i'll come and do the same to you and then you can tell me what you call it 4.gif

All i can say is Alfie, you must of lived a very sheltered life if you consider what Rio did to be assault.

But Rixy, it could have killed him 24.gif

• Like 1

The roads of Alderley Edge were a dangerous place with a banned driver driving around in his Porsche..but he don't understand English apparently so he'll he OK...

Read a paper or two laddie....

Have you read about your convicted Drink Driver recently being given an 18month suspended (he's on loan at Barnsley at the minute)? I'd sooner have Tevez driving around without a UK licence (although he has an Argie one) than someone who is over the top.

For your info, there are thousands of people driving around Britain legally without UK licences. They only need them if settled in the country for a year or more. Prior to that they can drive on their own nationalities licence.

Just putting it into perspective for the RAGs wink.png

All i can say is Alfie, you must of lived a very sheltered life if you consider what Rio did to be assault.

But Rixy, it could have killed him 24.gif

You are calling what Rio did assault, and at the same time, you are mocking SAF for overly dramatic language. Erm... blink.png

No, I'm saying that while there is such 'outrage' at 2 fairly minor incidents, a certain Argie has been engaging in genuinely life threatening activities in his Porsche...

Life threatening? Driving while banned! How is that life threatening? I guess you think that if you are banned they erase all knowledge of driving ability, huh?

And you are putting things in perspective. 55555555555

• Like 1

No, I'm saying that while there is such 'outrage' at 2 fairly minor incidents, a certain Argie has been engaging in genuinely life threatening activities in his Porsche...

Life threatening? Driving while banned! How is that life threatening? I guess you think that if you are banned they erase all knowledge of driving ability, huh?

The simple question he should answer is does he agree that the FA are showing double standards? Yes or No....

He was banned for a reason.

The marvelous Cheshire Constabulary didn't ban him just for signing for City as Cheshire is a hotbed of City fans. Hence I'd say a driver on the road in charge of a powerful machine who has been banned by the rozzers for just reason is indeed a genuine threat to safety.

How can they erase something he doesn't have? Passing the test, and being deemed fit to be issued with a license and drive a car, is more than just knowing how to brake and steer. Tevez was given a period of grace, like all arriving foreigners, and when that ended, he was obliged to take the test or to stop driving because until he takes the test, he hasn't demonstrated what his driving skills are. Life threatening? Perhaps... haven't sat in his car whilst he's been driving to answer.

Don't really know however what any of this has to do with Rio.

Maybe the bitters don't mind having untrained Argies driving half a ton of metal at 120 mph++ near their kids...??

He was banned for a reason.

Now he's "untrained" regular dumps on the carpet then?..this just gets better biggrin.png

He was banned for not responding to speeding charges! Where do you get 120mph near kids from? 55555555 You really have lost the plot.

Half a tonne? What is he driving a Reliant Robin? 555555

• Like 1

So he was speeding....but that's OK then until the forensic chaps are picking bits of a child's skull out of his radiator...

Carlos has been a naughty boy and far naughtier than Rio was for shoving over Torres or Fergie was for not shaking FSW's hand before the game (he did afterwards BTW).

• Like 1