Manchester United

redrus

I offered the opinion 2 seasons ago that Rooney's future lay in being an attacking midfielder.He's never been blessed with pace but on his day his work rate is exceptionally good as was indicated last year when he was constantly back helping out with defensive duties and laying on crosses for the flanks. I think the problem with Rooney is simple, he sees himself as an out and out striker and his minders are of a similar mind and they stand to gain more if he makes a move. Would his position as a sole striker be guaranteed at any other top club including Chelsea,Arsenal, RM ...simply no. Problem is, as a boy wonder, you think its going to last forever,it doesn't, ask Michael Owen.

Kagawa was suberb in the Asian qualifiers.I think he is going to have a big season. Roo has competition wherever he ends up, as soon as that fact sinks home he will realise the grass is not necessarily greener elsewhere.

I think for Rooney it all comes down to whether he's fit and motivated. When both, I think it would be a waste to play him as a midfielder. When properly motivated, he seems to have more pace than when he ain't. He strikes me as still being a big kid who is a ditherer, can't make a decision, looking for others to decide for him..and then annoyed when they do.

What it comes down to with Rooney is accepting the reasons why he's not first choice. Secondly, he's totally wrong to be challenging the authority of the new manager during such times of club crisis and tumultuous uncertainty about the future.

• Like 2

I offered the opinion 2 seasons ago that Rooney's future lay in being an attacking midfielder.He's never been blessed with pace but on his day his work rate is exceptionally good as was indicated last year when he was constantly back helping out with defensive duties and laying on crosses for the flanks. I think the problem with Rooney is simple, he sees himself as an out and out striker and his minders are of a similar mind and they stand to gain more if he makes a move. Would his position as a sole striker be guaranteed at any other top club including Chelsea,Arsenal, RM ...simply no. Problem is, as a boy wonder, you think its going to last forever,it doesn't, ask Michael Owen.

Kagawa was suberb in the Asian qualifiers.I think he is going to have a big season. Roo has competition wherever he ends up, as soon as that fact sinks home he will realise the grass is not necessarily greener elsewhere.

I think for Rooney it all comes down to whether he's fit and motivated. When both, I think it would be a waste to play him as a midfielder. When properly motivated, he seems to have more pace than when he ain't. He strikes me as still being a big kid who is a ditherer, can't make a decision, looking for others to decide for him..and then annoyed when they do.

What it comes down to with Rooney is accepting the reasons why he's not first choice. Secondly, he's totally wrong to be challenging the authority of the new manager during such times of club crisis and tumultuous uncertainty about the future.

Why should he accept the "reasons" if he doesn't agree with them ? I'm not a big Rooney supporter, but if he doesn't agree with Moyes then he should do what he can to get the hell out. Whether he gets his act together elsewhere is up to him. Many footballers have faced the same predicament. Some had a new beginning elsewhere and flourished, others not. coffee1.gif

Mata is Spanish also w00t.gif

10 Million plus Mata??

For Rooney...and United turned them down....now that really is outrageous rolleyes.gif

I read the same article.

In all seriousness, that sounds a great offer for United.

Mata was one of the PL stars last season and they need a midfielder.

I cant believe it was turned down.......................if it is true

Why spoil a good story by telling the truth-the newspapers are full of speculation,its their job to create interesting (or not) headlines-truth does not come into it when selling newspapers,have you ever seen an empty sports section saying "Sorry but today we have nothing to report on that is factually correct" rolleyes.gif

He does seem to have a problem with his fitness and his attitude if not a guaranteed first pick doesn't he.

His best days are behind him IMHO-the people in the know at OT know this and Rooney has seen the writing on the wall for quite some time-good bye,and good luck elsewhere thumbsup.gif

Why should he accept the "reasons" if he doesn't agree with them ? I'm not a big Rooney supporter, but if he doesn't agree with Moyes then he should do what he can to get the hell out. Whether he gets his act together elsewhere is up to him. Many footballers have faced the same predicament. Some had a new beginning elsewhere and flourished, others not. coffee1.gif

Thing is Jellybean what he should do is man up and make a statement and request a transfer,dead simple really..... also i really am starting to get sick of his miserable fat face everyday.Hopefully this weekend he will be gone.

And your last point i don't know of any player who has had a decent spell at United and left and flourished elsewhere,including Beckham and Ronaldo.

Thing is Jellybean what he should do is man up and make a statement and request a transfer,dead simple really..... also i really am starting to get sick of his miserable fat face everyday.Hopefully this weekend he will be gone.

And your last point i don't know of any player who has had a decent spell at United and left and flourished elsewhere,including Beckham and Ronaldo.

Couldn't agree more with your first point Red. That's why I think he's a ditherer and can't freakin' make a decision. So yes, man up, get yourself a new club, get fit and motivated.

As for the second, Ronaldo hasn't done too badly at RM. I expect Nani to be a real killer wherever he goes.tongue.png

I hate putting United players in my fantasy teams.

But this year Kagawa will be in a lot of them.

Why should he accept the "reasons" if he doesn't agree with them ? I'm not a big Rooney supporter, but if he doesn't agree with Moyes then he should do what he can to get the hell out. Whether he gets his act together elsewhere is up to him. Many footballers have faced the same predicament. Some had a new beginning elsewhere and flourished, others not. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Diego Forlan.

Gerard Pique

There is 2 who improved tremendously when they left.

Also you can hardly call Ronaldo a failure since he went to Real

• Like 1

Why should he accept the "reasons" if he doesn't agree with them ? I'm not a big Rooney supporter, but if he doesn't agree with Moyes then he should do what he can to get the hell out. Whether he gets his act together elsewhere is up to him. Many footballers have faced the same predicament. Some had a new beginning elsewhere and flourished, others not. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Couldn't agree more with your first point Red. That's why I think he's a ditherer and can't freakin' make a decision. So yes, man up, get yourself a new club, get fit and motivated.

As for the second, Ronaldo hasn't done too badly at RM. I expect Nani to be a real killer wherever he goes.xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.6AXjMEeEEF.webp alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

I would get rid of Nani too and still waiting on that one,the way Valencia played last back end he needs to pick up also or Zaha will be playing in front of him also.

It really was amazing we won the league wasn't it...what with all these <deleted> performers no good kids and pensioners.tongue.png

Nani, now there's a shame, 2 or was it 3 seasons ago he was TOTALLY unplayable, arguably one of the best players if not the best in the prem, since then , a few injuries on the trot, missing pre season ect ect, but that'll make him 'crap' to your average f--in footbal idiot fan!!!!! still only 26?, could he come back with a bang? i'de like to think so, he was great to watch. As for mata, i was reading a n article/interview the other day , been trying and i cant find it,where murry boy at the chavs was outling his formations and how the players fitted, and @ the time i thought 'really that to me means u dont really rate him/ or see him central 2 your plans,the position he saw mata in was sort of on th e wing, now correct me if i'm wrong but didnt he just have the most amazing season from Central midfield? perhaps theres more to the offer of a swop than the chavs have let on and dont want it broadcasting, touchy ego's these international footballers

I thought forlan was a really good player at utd, got far to much stick, totally unwarranted, every time i saw him play, i was impressed.

took a 'while'biggrin.png to score, but then onwards goal wise did ok.

• Like 2

Diego Forlan.

Gerard Pique

There is 2 who improved tremendously when they left.

Also you can hardly call Ronaldo a failure since he went to Real

Diego Forlan was only at United a few seasons and won the league and cup and was super sub since then he as won a europa league i think with Athletico no great shakes really Jack.

Pique i stand corrected he is a bit special and was a poor decision to let go,but to Barca we had no choice.

Ronaldo has got a long way to go to even match what he did at United.

Only take a week out n it all goes off in here, new ish people supporting odd London clubs, arguing with Ciddy fans in here too. What the :o

Nice to see the place being kept in use during the off #russelllovessillyseason

Carry on.. ;)

redrus

Ps, Rooney, <deleted> off......

Pps, Nani, <deleted> off......

• Like 2

Diego Forlan was only at United a few seasons and won the league and cup and was super sub since then he as won a europa league i think with Athletico no great shakes really Jack.

had 2 full seasons with u, admittedly his goals to games wernt great 1 in 5ish but really no great shakes!!!!harsh mate, for me you missed out on one shit hot striker, the year he left you he shared the golden boot with ?? and then won it out right again.6 years? later .i could be wrong on this not to many strikers do that playing in the big leagues specially when not playing for the top boys.like barca real utd ect ect. Oh yeah wasnt he voted the fifa best player at the 2010 s/a world cup. prev winners zidane pele charlton maradona cruijff kempes !!!! NA.h mate he was up there and utd missed out BIG TIME

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

can somebody just check Ronaldo's goals appearances ratio under Mourhino at RM please?

I think he may have done more than matching what he did at united.

I thought it was a team game and winning trophies for the club is the measure of success admittedly he has an amazing goal scoring record but has only won the league once and the cup once in four seasons at Madrid against his NINE trophies in six seasons at United.Like i said a long way to go yet.

• Like 1

can somebody just check Ronaldo's goals appearances ratio under Mourhino at RM please?

I think he may have done more than matching what he did at united.

I thought it was a team game and winning trophies for the club is the measure of success admittedly he has an amazing goal scoring record but has only won the league once and the cup once in four seasons at Madrid against his NINE trophies in six seasons at United.Like i said a long way to go yet.

yeah he joined madrid when barca were totally in their pomp, touch unfortunate really.

And he had fergie.

Scholes Giggs et al as well don't forget....no one can deny that era for Utd....mind we can raise a wry smile now.

I've been out tonight for a few beers and the Reds I was talking too are quite nervous about this coming season. Seeing them even fretting like this before the season has begun is fun in itself.

And he had fergie.

Scholes Giggs et al as well don't forget....no one can deny that era for Utd....mind we can raise a wry smile now.

I've been out tonight for a few beers and the Reds I was talking too are quite nervous about this coming season. Seeing them even fretting like this before the season has begun is fun in itself.

They are all shitting it mrboj...same as here....the nerves are frayed...the merest comment can see them explode.

I love it. biggrin.png

I, am not shitting it, about anything....

Reds I know, are not shitting it, about anything to do with Manchester United.

Lads, your attempts at undermining us, our team, our new manager et al, are fair play, its understandable but, egg on your faces, every year, is not a good look, it never was, never will be.

Thought you'd have learned all this by now. wink.pngrolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20> whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

redrus

Fair enough mate....so what's your opinion on Rooney leaving?